Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Thank you KVS! I'll go and download the latest version
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
This "enhancement” must have literally started today, as I had no problem searching for last minute flights yesterday.
It still works fine on AwardNexus.com, so you can still do the search for free.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Due to a computer change I lost my ANA access data and now use awardnexus, much quicker and I see AC & CO availability too
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This really has happened overnight ... I was also using this yesterday for literally last minute flights (for tomorrow!) which I ended up booking. Perhaps ANA no longer wants to ticket at such short notice and so has removed the functionality.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:15 am
AHO

Originally Posted by littlevoices
More bad news;

It appears as though all results 7 days prior to today's date are now zeroed out... a bit of a pain for finding those last minute seats - so, M&M only now I guess for the last minute checks to see if F has opened up

Edit: Good news though - Award Nexus works still so it appears the backend systems aren't blocking this...?
It still works for me on ANA.
Even though I get the error message "*The itinerary you entered is not valid. The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure.".

FYI, I have ca 1200 miles in my ANA account
Using Windows XP SP3 and Opera 10.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by AHO
It still works for me on ANA.
Even though I get the error message "*The itinerary you entered is not valid. The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure.".
But does it show any "OK" availability ?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:41 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
But does it show any "OK" availability ?
YES.

I found one thing.

When I search 4 segment method of "Award Type: Partner Flight Awards" on ANA, it doesn't show any availability on "Itinerary1"(the first segment).

For example, I search FRA-VIE on 22 OCT(today) on among Itinerary1, Itinerary2 and Itinerary3 (you cannot search more than 3 flights which have same departure date), I cannot see any availability on "Itinerary1"(no matter direct or connection flight), but I can see availability on "Itinerary2" and "Itinerary3"
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by AHO
When I search 4 segment method of "Award Type: Partner Flight Awards" on ANA, it doesn't show any availability on "Itinerary1"(the first segment).
- well there is the workaround then (Thanks), their rules are clearly not that well implemented. However, too much hassle for me, its AwardNexus all the way whilst I hope that ExpertFlyer adds the rest of Star Alliance to its books!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:30 pm

Question: How do you check *A availability on the M&M website? I have a log in but it only seems to want to show me LH group flights and nothing else. I dont see anywhere on how to check for any *A airlines.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ba bob
Question: How do you check *A availability on the M&M website? I have a log in but it only seems to want to show me LH group flights and nothing else. I dont see anywhere on how to check for any *A airlines.

Thanks!
You can't
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:06 pm

Does anyone have any idea why ANA removed DPS (Bali) as their destination or departure point? From the drop-down menu for SE Asia, Indonesia, only CGK is shown. When I enter DPS, the following notes appear:

*A reservation for the departure point you requested is not available.(A_APT_12A_004A)
*A reservation for the destination you requested is not available when using internet.(A_APT_13A_004A)
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
ANA Tool

Apologies for being a pain, but I have studied the 'Read this first' section and noted that in order to search for a S/A award flight, one must first input an international request.

My problem is that whatever I search for, be it Japan to Paris, or London to Chicago, a yellow message appears and I seem to be able to go no further, so perhaps I'm doing something really stupid?

I have an ANA account, but only DC miles.

Please can you offer some advice?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
It needs to be between two airports that ANA fly to. Try BKK and NRT.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by louie-m
It needs to be between two airports that ANA fly to. Try BKK and NRT.
Thank you so much. That works fine.

I now have to wait for the 330 day rule!

Last edited by botham; Nov 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm Reason: Incompetence
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Book or search for one-ways?

To search for a one-way just use a fictitious return date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.