Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
You can look up LAX's direct phone number from the Avis website by doing a location search. Should be a (310) area code.

Confirm the agent is from LAX (when they get busy and don't answer the phone, you'll be transferred to a call center), and ask them to add a note to your reservation. They may or may not do it because it's a Hotwire reservation, but just explain why and it may happen.

EDIT: (310) 342-9200
Thank you- just came back from our trip and we received a black mustang. Very dirty upon pick up but happy that we got the model we requested.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:41 am

Hi guys,

Any advice on Group H in Canada? Looking at rentals out of YVR. I normally rent in the US and always rent LCAR and am typically satisfied with the type of cars I get from the rental agencies in this class.

But in Canada Avis seem to list the Chrysler 300 as the example car for both Group G and Group H. This seems strange. Group H is considerably more expensive than Group G, which is fine if it will yeild me a genuine luxury car like a Cadillac CTS, but very much less fine if it just gets me a better trim level of Chrysler 300.

Any experiences with Group H at YVR (Or indeed any Canadian location)?

Canada seems much more difficult to rent decent luxury cars from than the USA.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:57 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Hi guys,

Any advice on Group H in Canada? Looking at rentals out of YVR. I normally rent in the US and always rent LCAR and am typically satisfied with the type of cars I get from the rental agencies in this class.

But in Canada Avis seem to list the Chrysler 300 as the example car for both Group G and Group H. This seems strange. Group H is considerably more expensive than Group G, which is fine if it will yeild me a genuine luxury car like a Cadillac CTS, but very much less fine if it just gets me a better trim level of Chrysler 300.

Any experiences with Group H at YVR (Or indeed any Canadian location)?

Canada seems much more difficult to rent decent luxury cars from than the USA.
I've rented from YYZ a lot recently and it seems their only true premium car is the 300C/300S. They have more specialty/lux cars than nearly anywhere (Mercedes E class, GLK, BMW X3/5, 5 Series, Land Rover Evoque, Caddi CTS, etc) but nothing else premium that I've seen. However, maybe you can sweet talk your way up into something?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I've rented from YYZ a lot recently and it seems their only true premium car is the 300C/300S. They have more specialty/lux cars than nearly anywhere (Mercedes E class, GLK, BMW X3/5, 5 Series, Land Rover Evoque, Caddi CTS, etc) but nothing else premium that I've seen. However, maybe you can sweet talk your way up into something?
My understanding is that G is Premium and H is Luxury. You seem to imply that if I rent H I'd end up with an E Class, CTS etc. This is exactly what I want and I'd be happy to pay the significant uplift between G and H class rather than rely on trying to sweet talk my way into an upgrade.

Unless I've got that wrong!

G = PCAR
H = LCAR

?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
My understanding is that G is Premium and H is Luxury. You seem to imply that if I rent H I'd end up with an E Class, CTS etc. This is exactly what I want and I'd be happy to pay the significant uplift between G and H class rather than rely on trying to sweet talk my way into an upgrade.

Unless I've got that wrong!

G = PCAR
H = LCAR

?
At YYZ a luxury car (LCAR) is a Chrysler 300S. Had one two weeks ago.

Brian

Last edited by briantoronto; Nov 12, 2015 at 12:05 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Also, MB's NAV was terrible. In a span of 4 hours, it managed to lead me to 2 dead end roads (not new construction either), and plenty of residential streets when the highway was a mere 1/2 mile north of where I was.

However, it was very good at telling you where all the MB dealerships were... probably so you could stop in and ask for directions
Other renters mess with NAV settings in these cars all the time. I've been burned a few times with residential & surface streets instead of highways. It turns out that someone had checked the "Avoid Highways" setting.

On a percentage basis, it's happened to me more with European rentals than U.S. rentals.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto
At YYZ a luxury car (LCAR) is a Chrysler 300S. Had one two weeks ago.

Brian
Thanks for the report - useful. Presumably they must have more cars in the fleet than just the 300, though. Do they have any Cadillac CTS?

It's still a bit confusing as to how the 300 can be both G and H. Surely you get more for your hundreds of dollars extra outlay than just a slightly better trim level of the same car?! The 300S looks almost base model, makes me wonder whether there is any point renting H if you get the same car as G..

Last edited by Foxtbh; Nov 12, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:04 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Thanks for the report - useful. Presumably they must have more cars in the fleet than just the 300, though. Do they have any Cadillac CTS?

It's still a bit confusing as to how the 300 can be both G and H. Surely you get more for your hundreds of dollars extra outlay than just a slightly better trim level of the same car?! The 300S looks almost base model, makes me wonder whether there is any point renting H if you get the same car as G..
I saw one, but did not ask about it (I noticed as I was driving out). Mostly BMW X3 or X5s about, but they wanted $$$ for an upgrade. And an Evoque.

I checked my receipt and it was marked as an LCAR. I received it as an upgrade from a full-size rental.

Added: I would just got with a premium. At YYZ at least, they did not have any lower spec 300s when I was renting.

B

Last edited by briantoronto; Nov 12, 2015 at 4:06 pm Reason: Added opinions.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:25 am

Thanks for that - helpful. Seems like it's a gamble, which is a bit strange - you'd think there would be a clear difference between Premium and Luxury otherwise why would people pay the extra?

I'm fairly flexible on rental location too - how does Edmonton compare for this sort of car to Vancouver (Or Calgary)?

I really don't want to gamble with trying to get an upgrade - I want to book whichever class I need to book to ensure that I can reasonably expect to drive off with the best Sedan the location has in stock. To me this feels like I should be booking H, as I might get pushback from the location if I book G instead of H and then try and ask for a 528i or a CTS?

I usually rent with National where Premium puts you in an Impala and Luxury gets you something better but National do not seem to offer Luxury as a reservable class in Canada hence moving to Avis..

H/Luxury is coming back at 30% more expensive than G/Premium.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:01 pm

Have a trip to MCO (Orlando) soon and debating if I should stick with National & Hertz or try my luck with Luxury (Example: MKS) with Avis. Any clues as to what I can expect?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I wish Avis would make up their mind on what a Malibu is. Earlier this year at PIT it was a Standard, now today at CMH it's a Full. Frankly, I think it's far closer to a SCAR but that's just me.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:16 pm

Had a Genesis last week out of YYZ. They classed it as a premium.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
FWIW, I booked F as a PC this week in SEA, and was assigned a Taurus Limited. The contract listed it as a Full-Size and not Premium.

They didn't have a ton of cars available so no double upgrade for me .
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:36 pm

Ended up with a MKS for the week out of MCO.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:21 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

You can add the Honda Civic to the list. I think it's an intermediate, but not sure.
I believe these were added to the fleet as part of the Zipcar acquisition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.