Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Note: I've moved this to the proper thread (fleet list). Please follow along here.

Regarding your question: The Suburban is the most common Class L currently in the Avis fleet. However, the Expedition XL and it's every bit as big as the Suburban (even if it feels outdated at this point) and shouldn't have an issue fitting similar luggage/people as the Suburban. You're correct that the others are much smaller in the luggage compartment. However, with only 6 people, you could do the following, if necessary:
-2 adults up front
-Adult/child/adult across the middle row
-1 child in the 3rd row
This leaves 1/2 of the 3rd to to be folded down. This should give significant space for gear. Or, when you get there, request the Suburban/Yukon XL.
Many thanks IAHtraveller.

Follow up question. If you had the choice of vehicles in Class L with the same requirements as me which would you go for?

Suburban, Yukon XL or something else?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by JamesL1977

Follow up question. If you had the choice of vehicles in Class L with the same requirements as me which would you go for?

They all will be pretty much the same.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Amex plat, National car Exec ,IHG plat
Same car as a ford Kuga in uk as ford escape in us info as required by alastair_actually

Last edited by iaimc; Oct 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:34 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesL1977

If it were me, I'd choose in the following order:
1. New Suburban/Yukon XL. They are basically the same and all are well equipped that I've seen in the Avis fleet. They drive very well and have good options.
2. Expedition XL/Navigator XL. It's huge and an ok choice, but seems a bit out-dated.
3. Old model Suburban/Yukon XL. They are still floating in the fleet and pretty worn by now. Also, the interior feels very dated on them and they don't handle nearly as well as the new GM SUVs.

The smaller Navigator (what Avis typically carries) is the same as the smaller Expedition and I don't think that'll be big enough for you. The Enclave is a great Class L vehicle, but much smaller than the others, unfortunately. And the Sequoia is great too, but I haven't seen that in a while so I doubt you'd have a high chance of getting it.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:08 pm

I can't recall which year Avis's BMW 5-Series have the factory sat nav... was it 2013+?

Edit- Come to think of it, it's probably 2014+

Last edited by hafamaca; Oct 19, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hafamaca
I can't recall which year Avis's BMW 5-Series have the factory sat nav... was it 2013+?

I think 2014. I had some before without it but a few in the last 6 months or so have had it. Still no XM. Boo!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by hafamaca

Yeah the 2014 5 series LCI facelift included satnav as standard on all trims.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Can someone confirm that Infiniti Q50 is still Class H? I went to LAX and ORD and they all said it's not Class H but the same group as the bimmer (Specialty).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ktjan
Can someone confirm that Infiniti Q50 is still Class H? I went to LAX and ORD and they all said it's not Class H but the same group as the bimmer (Specialty).
Last I had one was at least 4 months ago (that I remember) and it was still H then. It's not listed as Specialty here: https://www.avis.com/car-rental/cont...navId=T4M01S00

And it's not listed as Signature Series here (Note that the previous page I referenced lists XTS as Signature Series, but the SS page doesn't list it):
https://www.avis.com/car-rental/cont...navId=T4M09S00

However, each location is "free to classify vehicles as they wish" as I've been told by Avis before
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:06 pm
Suspended

I am looking to rent a convertible at ORD for a one-way to LAX. Avis shows it will be a Ford Mustang convertible or similar. Does anyone have any idea what kind they usually have at ORD or nationwide these days? A Mustang or Camaro would be great. Any Chrysler, not so much!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
How's the selection been at DFW recently? I have a reservation booked for a Premium (hopefully the upgrade goes through into a Luxury.)
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:11 am

Got some intel, lot's of new cars coming in November, including the redesigned '15 Camry, new Kia Sedona, '15 Hyundai Genesis and '15 Ford Mustang.

The Kia Cadenza will be moved to a full size.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Red face

Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers
I am looking to rent a convertible at ORD for a one-way to LAX. Avis shows it will be a Ford Mustang convertible or similar. Does anyone have any idea what kind they usually have at ORD or nationwide these days? A Mustang or Camaro would be great. Any Chrysler, not so much!

I've only see the Camaro and Mustang lately for drop-tops. Nearly all mustangs, though.

Originally Posted by frubio2012
How's the selection been at DFW recently? I have a reservation booked for a Premium (hopefully the upgrade goes through into a Luxury.)
Depends when you arrive. Midweek and they will be nearly out. Early in the week or weekend should have best selection. Most recently, tons of Tauruses there under the premium category. Not premium IMO, but Avis didn't ask me..
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Got some intel, lot's of new cars coming in November, including the redesigned '15 Camry, new Kia Sedona, '15 Hyundai Genesis and '15 Ford Mustang.

The Kia Cadenza will be moved to a full size.
If that's true about the Cadenza then that's easily the best full size apart from the fairly rare Fusion Titanium. Standard satnav and all.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I've only see the Camaro and Mustang lately for drop-tops. Nearly all mustangs, though.
Great, thanks for the info. I was looking at Budget as well and they are less expensive. Do Budget and Avis have the same cars at ORD as they belong to the same company? I wouldn't mind paying more for a nicer car but if they are the same, the cheaper one wins. AVIS is $630, Budget is $520.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.