Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

OZ website unable to book certain flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Trying to book SEA to SIN on OZ website but it doesnt allow me to.
It just says no flights available.

But using Kayak, it is possible.

Is OZ's website or booking engine crappy?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO

can you provide the date you wish to travel?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!

Most definitely yes. I live in Thailand, and when I try to use it and select Bangkok as my origination, it will only give me a choice of Seoul as a destination. Nothing else.

I was recently checking out booking a trip to the USA, and was advised here to try looking and booking with Orbitz or Expedia. Both allow you to isolate choices down to Asiana-only if you want to.

Asiana's website uses a 3rd party "private label" booking engine called WWTE. I'm not impressed with them. In addition to performance issues, it appears they layer their own fees on top of the normal charges. A $7.00 nonrefundable booking fee and a separate $30 change fee (in addition to Asiana's change fee) come to mind. There may be more fees and limitations also . . . I didn't dig any deeper.

I booked with Expedia and have no issues with them so far.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Yes. As simple as that. Even if it lets you book.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
A quick search of this forum will reveal the litany of complaints people have about the monstrosity that is flyasiana.com in English (can't do this, can't do that, falls over in the middle of something, only works in IE, bits are written in Konglish).

Your best options are Orbitz/Expedia/any other consolidator (I used cheaptickets.com to book my Xmas flight home LAX-SYD via ICN, SYD-ICN and ICN-LAX, and have had no issues), or just call them up (assuming you're in a country with an office) and book over the phone (they're very nice and helpful, much like their FA's hehe).

Last edited by Daxiuyi; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:04 am Reason: Clarification of which flyasiana.com
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Daxiuyi
A quick search of this forum will reveal the litany of complaints people have about the monstrosity that is flyasiana.com (can;t do this, can't do that, falls over in the middle of something, only works in IE, bits are written in Konglish).

Your best options are Orbitz/Expedia/any other consolidator (I used cheaptickets.com to book my Xmas flight home LAX-SYD via ICN, SYD-ICN and ICN-LAX, and have had no issues), or just call them up (assuming you're in a country with an office) and book over the phone (they're very nice and helpful, much like their FA's hehe).

correct. unless you are viewing flyasiana.com in Korean, it is terrible. In Korean, you can actually book your entire *A flights right on there (and check availabity of coursE)
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Originally Posted by sunrider101
correct. unless you are viewing flyasiana.com in Korean, it is terrible. In Korean, you can actually book your entire *A flights right on there (and check availabity of coursE)
Hence my edit of my post above :P

One day I will be sufficiently versed in Korean to try flyasiana.com in Korean. But that day is many movies, K-dramas and K-pop hits away!

A random question: Do Chinese and Russian speakers find cn.flyasiana.com and ru.flyasiana.com as bad as us.flyasiana.com?

More seriously, though, if Asiana want to take themselves seriously outside of Korea, they need to improve the functionality of their website for non-Korean speakers. I don't normally sing KE's praises, but their website is relatively competently designed for international audiences (e.g. Multi-City bookings!).

And don't even get me started on Asiana Club Rewards...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Daxiuyi
Hence my edit of my post above :P

One day I will be sufficiently versed in Korean to try flyasiana.com in Korean. But that day is many movies, K-dramas and K-pop hits away!

A random question: Do Chinese and Russian speakers find cn.flyasiana.com and ru.flyasiana.com as bad as us.flyasiana.com?

More seriously, though, if Asiana want to take themselves seriously outside of Korea, they need to improve the functionality of their website for non-Korean speakers. I don't normally sing KE's praises, but their website is relatively competently designed for international audiences (e.g. Multi-City bookings!).

And don't even get me started on Asiana Club Rewards...

I won't. this past trip, Asiana somehow managed to lose half of my itinerary. Good thing i was able to catch it before i left, otherwise i would have been stuck somewhere in Kazahstan being miserable.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:34 pm

Yeah I had a lot of trouble trying to map anything between SEA and SYD via the OZ site, its pretty terrible, doesn't know all its routes even though they exist (orbitz etc have them). Also its cheaper to use a travel agent (or orbitz etc) since even if you call their rate isn't the best. I wanted a bit of a strange itinary with directs from SEA instead of going through LAX like orbitz kept trying to force, so i ended up just sending a very custom request to a travel agent after looking up all the flights i wanted individually and having them craft it into one booking for me haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.