Reload this Page >

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best steak house in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I have been telling folks to avoid Las Lilas at all costs for a very long time now... it has sadly become the most blatant tourist trap of them all.... sad for a restaurant that was once top notch and a leader in the high-end dead cow esperience.
Would you like to share your experience on the places that you like to eat steak these days as well? Thanks and Happy Eating

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 8, 2017 at 1:48 am
Old May 2, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I had dinner at La Brigada last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not read this thread until several days later, but I had a great experience and will return the next time I am in BsAs. The waiter asked how I wanted the steak cooked (blue) and this is the only place I ate on this trip that got it right.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by KayakingNow
I had dinner at La Brigada last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not read this thread until several days later, but I had a great experience and will return the next time I am in BsAs. The waiter asked how I wanted the steak cooked (blue) and this is the only place I ate on this trip that got it right.
I am with you KN . La Brigada has been consistently good over the last 18 months . We have gone with Argie friends and people from Australia , USA , Spain and the UK and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes Hugo has been there sometimes his son has been running the show . But in every case we have gone home happy.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by malagajohn
I am with you KN . La Brigada has been consistently good over the last 18 months . We have gone with Argie friends and people from Australia , USA , Spain and the UK and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes Hugo has been there sometimes his son has been running the show . But in every case we have gone home happy.
That is nice to hear. I stopped going a while back because it had fallen so (at a price point that couldn't justify it).
Old May 2, 2017, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the update on La Brigada. Ive been very critical as of late but perhaps its time to give it another chance....? I will keep this on my to do list.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:47 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old May 5, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cyborg
I've never been there, so perhaps this is something I should try on my next visit to BA?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
It used to be at the top of my list. Even when service was marginal, the meat was great. The last visit (after a few declining visits) combined average food, horrible service, and prices worthy of a much finer dining experience, so that was my last visit, which is now a few years ago. Given similar feedback from others around the same time, I saw no need to return. The above good feedback is the first that I've heard of a turnaround.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Thanks for this feedback... excellent data points. Has Hugo toned down his hard-sell of expensive wines and his overall "pushy" demeanor...?

Its good to hear that you have been happy with all your recent experiences... so as Ive said above - perhaps its time to return and give it a (another) shot.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Any comments on El Mangrullo, attached to the Holiday Inn Ezeiza? Reviews seem mostly favorable and i'll have an overnight layover in EZE in sight.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

The last data points Ive received about El Mangrullo have been very positive. Location is a big drawback unless, of course, you happen to be staying at the Holiday Inn @EZE.
2RETIREDTRAVELERS likes this.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I had lunch there about 6 weeks ago with a friend who works at EZE.

Salad and a bife de chorizo with chorizo and morcilla to start.

Quality was good . Service was old fashioned but decent.

It wasnt my turn to pay , so I cant comment on prices
Old May 8, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thanks - I'll report when I finally make it there.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
I've been living in Buenos Aires for more than twelve years and the best steakhouse, regardless of price, has always been El Mirasol. They have locations in La Recova (adjacent to the Four Seasons), Puerto Madero, Boedo (the original) and Pilar. Their beef is export quality grass fed from their exclusive farms. They have the one of the most extensive Argentine wine list in the entire city and they work directly with producers in Mendoza to get very limited production high end varieties. I've been a weekly regular at the Recova location for many years and its always packed with Recoleta chetas and high end tourists.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Rock Harders
I've been living in Buenos Aires for more than twelve years and the best steakhouse, regardless of price, has always been El Mirasol. They have locations in La Recova (adjacent to the Four Seasons), Puerto Madero, Boedo (the original) and Pilar. Their beef is export quality grass fed from their exclusive farms. They have the one of the most extensive Argentine wine list in the entire city and they work directly with producers in Mendoza to get very limited production high end varieties. I've been a weekly regular at the Recova location for many years and its always packed with Recoleta chetas and high end tourists.
Didn't I read somewhere that you could not be a Politian in BsAs without first eating a certain part of the cow at this establishment?
Old May 30, 2017, 11:04 am

Yes, El Mirasol is popular with many Federal and State legislators and also members of the Executive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.