New American Express Centurion Lounge at EZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New American Express Centurion Lounge at EZE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:44 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
This is my question. Is there a private room only for Centurion members like they have at MEX?

And is this lounge placed well for long haul AR flights? Like EZE-MAD?

TIA!
The previous configuration was as you describe, with a lounge within the lounge for Centurion Members. From what some folks at Amex Argentina tell me, we should expect a similar setup for the new facilities.

No idea on placement, although EZE is so small that it would be hard for the lounge to be very far away from your flight, unless you leave from the other Terminal.

On a side note... are you flying AR longhaul.....????
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, US Air, UR, Hilton, PC
I did not see a private Centurion room in this lounge. I'll check again next week...

As Gaucho100K mentions, it's in the new terminal. Unfortunately AA was still leaving from the old terminal, so it was a bit of a walk.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
This is my question. Is there a private room only for Centurion members like they have at MEX?

And is this lounge placed well for long haul AR flights? Like EZE-MAD?

TIA!
Hey. Yes, inside the Centurion Lounge (looks more like the LAS or DFW one, than the MEX one), there is a room just for Centurion cardholders. You MUST show the titanium centurion card (black one) to access it.. that means additional cards to your account (that get a platinum card) can't access, unless they are with you. It is placed in the newest terminal, where AR has most of their flights. Either way, you can access all international departure terminals walking, and it's not far away. The Centurion lounge in EZE is located right in front of AR's Lounge.

Some pics:
Foursquare:

Chandon cooler, but Veuve clicquot champagne.

Copyright: Floxie (www.floxie.com.ar)

EDIT: the cent part of the lounge has showers (a friend just confirmed it to me).

Last edited by tuchop; Apr 14, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks everyone. And yes Gaucho, I am flying long haul Condor class on the A340. For several thousand dollars less than the other options I might add. And I'll earn plenty of Flying Blue miles.

This trip is still more than two months away. I'll try to remember to update the thread if anything interesting happens. But I really, really liked the high end Tequilas in the private Centurion members room at the club in MEX.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks everyone. And yes Gaucho, I am flying long haul Condor class on the A340. For several thousand dollars less than the other options I might add. And I'll earn plenty of Flying Blue miles.

This trip is still more than two months away. I'll try to remember to update the thread if anything interesting happens. But I really, really liked the high end Tequilas in the private Centurion members room at the club in MEX.
Yes, the economic advantages of flying with AR are indeed quite considerable. From the reviews Ive read lately, its good to manage your expectations and you will probably have an OK experiences.

The EZE Centurion lounge seems to serve VCP Yellow Label.... not bad to EZE standards I must say.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:33 pm

I'll be travelling in July, so I can also add a few pictures of the "lounge inside the lounge".
If you're lucky you'll get one of the """new""" AR A340's that have lie flat seats. Otherwise, you'll still get decent sleep with the old couches. I flew that route on both AR and IB and the difference was very big, although its true the price is also very different.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:05 am

Another picture of the Centurion part of the Lounge:

Veuve Clicquot Champagne:

Old May 31, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Is this lounge still located airside? Is there any way to use this lounge as an Arrivals Lounge and take a shower before leaving the airport?

I remember using the old AMEX Centurion Lounge located next to the old AA lounge. Glad to hear they have upgraded this lounge.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Is this lounge still located airside? Is there any way to use this lounge as an Arrivals Lounge and take a shower before leaving the airport?

I remember using the old AMEX Centurion Lounge located next to the old AA lounge. Glad to hear they have upgraded this lounge.
No. The only "arrivals" facility is the private ripoff lounge (which has access agreements w/certain Argentina credit cards). http://www.aeropuertosvipclub.com.ar/

(Your memory may be failing you, too. the AX lounge was next to the Sala de las Americas near gate 2, not next to the AC).
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No. The only "arrivals" facility is the private ripoff lounge (which has access agreements w/certain Argentina credit cards). http://www.aeropuertosvipclub.com.ar/

(Your memory may be failing you, too. the AX lounge was next to the Sala de las Americas near gate 2, not next to the AC).
Thank you for this info.

It's been a few years since I have been to EZE and my memory is probably failing me, LOL! Maybe I was confusing the former AMEX Centurion and AA lounges at EZE with those from another airport, possibly GRU...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:44 pm

VCP Yellow Label..... that is quite high-end for EZE standards for a free-flow at an Airport Lounge. Kudos to Amex for having this. I wonder if this selection will stick.....
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller

As EASTBAY1K said, this is only for departures. And let me add, that the shower facilities are in the Centurion Room, inside the Centurion Lounge. That means you need the Black Amex Card (Centurion) to access them. The Aeropuertos Vip lounge, on Arrivals has showers. But it's a ripoff..

If you have time, check this out: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...es-2014-a.html

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
VCP Yellow Label..... that is quite high-end for EZE standards for a free-flow at an Airport Lounge. Kudos to Amex for having this. I wonder if this selection will stick.....
They serve the VCP Yellow Label (sometimes orange) on the Centurion part of the Lounge.. In the old lounge it got replaced by Baron B for some months, but they got back to VCP.
The main Centurion Lounge room (all cards) serves Chandon Extra Brut, if my memory doesn't fail.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I will be flying out on LAN, which is not in the same terminal as the Centurion Lounge. How much time would I have to allow to get to my gate? Flying to SCL.
Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tbrein
I will be flying out on LAN, which is not in the same terminal as the Centurion Lounge. How much time would I have to allow to get to my gate? Flying to SCL.
Thanks for any help.
LAN could be using a gate in either the A or B terminal, although check-in will be via A. The LAN Salon VIP is also in B, although not as far down the corridor. I don't think you're more than a 10 minute brisk walk from any gate once you go down the elevator.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
LAN could be using a gate in either the A or B terminal, although check-in will be via A. The LAN Salon VIP is also in B, although not as far down the corridor. I don't think you're more than a 10 minute brisk walk from any gate once you go down the elevator.
Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.