Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In this example I think it means card bought in bulk for distribution to employees or clients. If you visit their website you will see the text quoted in my previous reply followed by an email address. I predict that if you wrote to that address you would be able to buy cards at a discount (subject to eligibility and a minimum purchase, etc), and they don't want us to combine that discount with this offer.
i see. in that case if you just buy 1 regular $50 TjMaxx GC from here http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/pro...0000000?ref=gc , it should work with Amex offer then (based on the T&C below)?

Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Valid online only at TJMaxx.com. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes electronic gift cards, b2b gift cards. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express online account and limit of 1,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 10/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: A9PW POID: CCW5:0001

Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:56 pm

Westin AmEx Offer and Advanced Purchase Rates

Does anyone have any experience with the Westin AmEx offers and advanced purchase rates? The T&Cs for the offer don't say that advanced purchase rates are excluded while the T&Cs for the Hilton offer clearly say that advanced purchase rates are not eligible. I don't have a stay at a Westin before the offer expires but do have one early next year, although the advance purchase rate is more than the rate I currently have booked, the advance purchase rate would be cheaper overall if it triggers the statement credit.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:54 pm

$100 back on $500 for World's Leading Cruise Lines (Cunard, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, few others)
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Colin
$100 back on $500 for World's Leading Cruise Lines (Cunard, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, few others)
Anyone able to add to card using twitter/fb? No go for me or spouse 0/4 2 spg, 1 Hilton and 1 delta
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:17 pm

I made a Saks $500 purchase on Monday night 10/10 and got the notification congratulating me for using the offer. The purchase is finalized and posted on 10/11. When I check my AMEX offers, it shows the Saks one as redeemed, but there are no bonus points in my account nor any in the pending section. In the past, bonus points or statement credits would post quicker than this. Normally, I wouldn't be in a hurry but my AMEX Plat annual fee posted last month and I'm going to call soon to cancel or downgrade my card. I'd like to have the points posted before calling.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I made a Saks $500 purchase on Monday night 10/10 and got the notification congratulating me for using the offer. The purchase is finalized and posted on 10/11. When I check my AMEX offers, it shows the Saks one as redeemed, but there are no bonus points in my account nor any in the pending section. In the past, bonus points or statement credits would post quicker than this. Normally, I wouldn't be in a hurry but my AMEX Plat annual fee posted last month and I'm going to call soon to cancel or downgrade my card. I'd like to have the points posted before calling.
Terms state additional points will post within 90 days of 11/7/2016. I suspect your points will post within 90 days of your purchase date. 11/7 is when the offer expires.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Terms state additional points will post within 90 days of 11/7/2016. I suspect your points will post within 90 days of your purchase date. 11/7 is when the offer expires.
In all the AMEX offers I've redeemed, the credit always posted within a few days despite the T+C allowing themselves much longer than that.

In any case, if I downgrade my Platinum to, say, the Green card, will I still get the 7500 points?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:43 am

In all the AMEX offers I've redeemed, the credit always posted within a few days despite the T+C allowing themselves much longer than that.
I don't think statement credit/add'l points post quickly for refundable/returnable purchases. Yes for non-refundable/non-returnable purchases (such as eating at some restaurant).

In any case, if I downgrade my Platinum to, say, the Green card, will I still get the 7500 points?
Not sure but I would guess no.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:33 pm

I don't think statement credit/add'l points post quickly for refundable/returnable purchases. Yes for non-refundable/non-returnable purchases (such as eating at some restaurant).
That would make sense but I don't think it's true. My Home Depot and Lowes purchases posted within a couple days.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
Sigh. I just paid a Princess cruise last week using the CSR.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:17 am

Made my $500 Saks purchase this weekend. I'll report back when the bonus points posts.

Also, have offers for Tory Burch and Bottega Veneta.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:20 am

Made my $500 Saks purchase this weekend. I'll report back when the bonus points posts.

Also, have offers for Tory Burch and Bottega Veneta.
Thanks. I got my Saks MR credit after about a week.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:24 pm

High five! Hopefully I'll gt my bonus pts soon then.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It took nearly 2 weeks for my $200 (or 300, I don't remember) spend at Hilton/3000 MR to post to my account.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:48 pm

Bonus posted today, 3 days later. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.