Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone actually received an "Invite" to the Centurion program in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage / JetSmarter / AMEX Business Gold, Plat, SPG
not much on 'inventory' so to speak -- about 1.4 mil of it was on Facebook Advertising ( we run an advertising company ). The rest ? I'm not so proud of.. Clubs, Traveling, wastefull spending.. Las Vegas, NYC, Miami... Air Fare, Renting Yachts, Renting Cars. Just doing stupid things a 26 year old would do .. Not that im proud of it lol

Last edited by slay0r; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by JackDaniels
Business partner was invited and accepted in December. He spends approximately 100k a month on the card. He first signed up for Amex Plat last year so is fairly new to Amex.
Interesting, I would think you'd need to be an amex member for longer than that.

Last edited by slay0r; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by slay0r
I'm jealous. I'm about to call up and .....
Yeah he said he expressed interest and they added him to a consideration list for when the invites are sent..
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:41 am

I may try that

Last edited by slay0r; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:38 am

Okay, I called up the platinum support on the back of my card. Got connected to Cent New accounts,they said they would put a notation on my account so next time there are considerations I will be looked at.. ya never know

Last edited by slay0r; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
been an amex user since 2012.. but in 2013 we spent over 1.4 mil on the card (Plum/Gold business)... 2014 we spent over 2.4 Million across our gold/plat/plum.

Amex called me, They said I was in their top 5% of Small buisness spenders for 2014. They gave me a 'highest tier' client partner rep who wanted to meet up with me and talk about how they can help me ? He also hooked me up with some free rangers/islanders tickets which was cool

I haven't met up with him yet, but I'm really curious if I could get the centurion invite .. We pay off our bills on time every time, and obviously they are noticing my spend if they are putting me into their top support tiers..

Any ideas or suggestions guys?
If you have not been invited there is something missing to this story. You say you have been told you are in the top 5% of spenders and have paid your bill in full each month with and average of $200K per spend per month last year and nearly $200k per month the year before. Something is not adding up
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:23 pm

Do you know if he called the Customer Support number or Exec office?

Thanks

Okay, I called up the platinum support on the back of my card. Got connected to Cent New accounts,they said they would put a notation on my account so next time there are considerations I will be looked at... I'm crossing my fingers for this one, my spends been amazing my credit is good so hopefully all goes well
I am continually amazed by some comments. You clearly want this card for prestige. Your credit, assets and spend may qualify you and i hope it does for your sake. However, this is purely at status symbol for you.
I never sought out this card, worried about whether my assets or spend would qualify me. In fact, I would have been insulted if any of this was in question. This is an elite card. If you have to question the income, spend, credit score, qualifications etc, you do not deserve it. Sorry if that is harsh but it is true.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:30 pm

I've done that once before but I will ask again.
Relax, you are 26 and making a good living it seems. Enjoy it. If you need this Black card to impress women, friends, or worse yet yourself, you are in bad trouble. You have to realize someone will always have more money, more connections, more prestige, more power etc than you. There is no one person that holds the title in all categories. If you are doing as well as you say at 26 years old just enjoy the ride.
At the end of the day this is just a charge/credit card. Hopefully far more important things in your life will define who you are
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:48 pm

I want the card for the same reason anyone else would want it.. Why does that even matter anyway, I was simply asking the other people who have received invites what they thought about my current situation.... Sorry if I offended anyone with that. You have me entirely wrong, and it's not very nice to paint such a broad stroke over the internet without having zero inkling to what kind of person I am. You are making a shallow judgement based on the fact that I may seem adamant about receiving a credit card? I appreciate the advice but no, I can assure you i'm not in "trouble". I know money doesn't mean everything, I'm never keeping up with the jonese's .. When I make money, i save most and spend some on fun things. I am the most humble down to earth person , I don't do things to brag. I set goals and do them for myself.. when I was 21 and dropped out of school my goal was to move to NYC.. 2 years later I reached that goal.. I set a goal to reach a certain net worth by the age of 26.. I reached that goal. A goal of mine was also to one day get a black card.. and the fact that now, when I'm in a position where my company utilizes American Express on such a high scale, I could actually potentially reach another goal that I set... and I'm proud of that

Last edited by slay0r; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:29 am

not much on 'inventory' so to speak -- about 1.4 mil of it was on Facebook Advertising ( we run an advertising company ). The rest ? I'm not so proud of.. Clubs, Traveling, wastefull spending.. Las Vegas, NYC, Miami... Air Fare, Renting Yachts, Renting Cars. Just doing stupid things a 26 year old would do .. Not that im proud of it lol
The Facebook advertising probably won't help tip the scales towards the invite, although possibly an invite for the Business Centurion. A few years ago, the Google Adsense advertisers were all qualifying for the card based on spend but it seems AmEx is being a little more cautious these days.

The travel expenditures, particularly luxury travel, should get their attention and seems to be more important these days for an invite -- based on anecdotal evidence from various threads.

Originally Posted by snapper6768
If you have not been invited there is something missing to this story. You say you have been told you are in the top 5% of spenders and have paid your bill in full each month with and average of $200K per spend per month last year and nearly $200k per month the year before. Something is not adding up
Not necessarily. AmEx is not as quick to give out Centurion invites anymore for internet marketing spend, particularly for a member / account that is not very old.

When I make money, i save most and spend some on fun things . . .
Congrats on your success and sensibility re: saving. Keep it up and you will likely get the black card, particularly as you have now expressed interest to AmEx.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:43 am

I gotta say good on you! You're clearly doing something right to be in the position you are, so enjoy those 20's (as a 34yr old with a toddler and a baby on the way I would be lying to say I miss those years!).

As for why you want the card, who cares! If it makes sense for you, status symbol or not (and at 26 I probably would want the status symbol!) go for it. There's always haters, probably envious that they weren't doing as we as you at your age, so don't sweat them.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:03 am

thanks everyone, appreciate the positive input and kind words. Maybe I came across as a bit arrogant in my posts so I apologize for that.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
I gotta say good on you! You're clearly doing something right to be in the position you are, so enjoy those 20's (as a 34yr old with a toddler and a baby on the way I would be lying to say I miss those years!).

As for why you want the card, who cares! If it makes sense for you, status symbol or not (and at 26 I probably would want the status symbol!) go for it. There's always haters, probably envious that they weren't doing as we as you at your age, so don't sweat them.
I am not hating on him. I have the personal card so I am not jealous or anything. I am simply giving him some words of wisdom that I wish someone would have gave me at his age. If he wants the card and he qualifies that is reason enough to get it, not saying he needs to justify it to me or anyone else. I wish you the best Slay0r
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:10 am

well you were being a bit of a snob, but that's your deal. Who cares, it's a damn charge card. Enjoy the ride slay0r, and congrats on your obvious success snapper.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
well you were being a bit of a snob, but that's your deal. Who cares, it's a damn charge card. Enjoy the ride slay0r, and congrats on your obvious success snapper.
No, I didn't find him being a snob at all. I found slay0r to be the pretentious one, but that's just me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.