Wiki Posts
Search

FHR rates competitive?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:55 am
Original Poster

FHR rates competitive?

Hi all -

Was hoping to make a reservation at the Bellagio for the end of March - yesterday FHR quoted me a rate about $150 over a special offer I just found on the hotel's website - has anyone had any luck getting FHR to match a lower offer?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Yes
I've tried it (in the UK), and they said because of the extra benefits through their program they wouldn't price match.

In the case of the Bellagio however, their price was cheaper than what was available on the internet, and I have to say it was worth it - the spa voucher and the free breakfast were something tangible that it was worth going through Amex for.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: Tap - Victoria Gold, AMEX Centurion
if you call fhr travel and tell them what you found they will call the hotel and see if they can get the same rate with the fhr benefits and then it is up to the hotel
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by PlatHunter
if you call fhr travel and tell them what you found they will call the hotel and see if they can get the same rate with the fhr benefits and then it is up to the hotel
On one occasion FHR rep was able to get a hotel to honor a cheaper rate for me with all FHR benefits. I think it was Four Seasons in Toronto.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
... but in general, there is no "price match" feature of the FHR program. More particularly, there's really no representation that the FHR will be the cheapest or save money. Since it comes with substantial benefits that would normally cost extra, I can very well see why most hotels would not want to price match.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M
... but in general, there is no "price match" feature of the FHR program. More particularly, there's really no representation that the FHR will be the cheapest or save money. Since it comes with substantial benefits that would normally cost extra, I can very well see why most hotels would not want to price match.
You are absolutely correct. However, it does not hurt to ask.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:37 am
Original Poster

I asked - no dice. Thanks, everyone.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
A good agent will make a honest attempt to lower the FHR rate. I've had it happen a few times. Other times when I ask, the agent will just say that's the price, take it or leave it.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jgsx
A good agent will make a honest attempt to lower the FHR rate. I've had it happen a few times. Other times when I ask, the agent will just say that's the price, take it or leave it.
"take it or leave it" was about the answer I got. I might try calling again.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by abefroman329
"take it or leave it" was about the answer I got. I might try calling again.
Does not cost you anything to try. Sometimes hotel FHR rates also go down, then you can call and rebook for a lower rate. Make sure a FHR agent makes a new reservation before your old one is canceled.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

never been denied

I've made different FHR reservations for Skylofts and now Wynn and when the quoted "FHR" rate was higher than the posted rate on the properties' website I requested that they call to see if they could match the rate. Always they had to get a "manager's" approval at the hotel, but they were able to match the lower rate with the additional 15% or 10% off respectively, and with all FHR benefits. ^
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by spectrablue96
I've made different FHR reservations for Skylofts and now Wynn and when the quoted "FHR" rate was higher than the posted rate on the properties' website I requested that they call to see if they could match the rate. Always they had to get a "manager's" approval at the hotel, but they were able to match the lower rate with the additional 15% or 10% off respectively, and with all FHR benefits. ^
Great to hear this.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
I was just in vegas a few weeks ago and when speaking with fhr the bellagio rates were great. They were basically 10-15% off the internet rates. In vegas many times they FHR as well as the regular hotel rates will vary tremendously as the dates get closer. I held some rates and then make my final decisons right before the cancellation period. Also sometimes when they call the hotel they are able to get you a much better rate even with all FHR benefits. Good luck
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
FHR vs Best Available Rate

Will FHR match the best available rates that you find on a hotel's website while still providing benefits? Looking at rooms at the US Grant for next spring it appears the FHR rate is about $80 a night higher than the AAA rate and $60 a night more than the BAR on SPG's website.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

beta1607's post has been merged into this thread. Please review the older posts before replying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.