Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
got credit for 4 X $50 gift certificates.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by romania2007
got credit for 4 X $50 gift certificates.
when did you purchase and how long before credit posted?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by Tryingtotravel
when did you purchase and how long before credit posted?
1 per week for last 4 weeks, credit posts in 4-5 days.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by romania2007
1 per week for last 4 weeks, credit posts in 4-5 days.
thanks for the info. if i count business days, tomorrow will be day 5. not sure what to do if credit doesn't post by end of week.... dec 3 purchase date.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Anyone gotten credit lately?
For any incidental travel expense?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
For any incidental travel expense?
my question was just for gc...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

my question was just for gc...
My reply was poorly worded. I wanted to expand the discussion to determine if any expenses have been reimbursed lately. That might answer whether there is a general delay or a delay limited to GCs.

Last edited by dayone; Dec 13, 2015 at 8:07 am Reason: Clarity.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just my luck! I went to buy a $50 gift certificate this afternoon, and kept running across a server error. I hope they fix it soon.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Relax. Don't panic. Don't call.

I see several people here fretting over the fact that their GC purchases have not been quickly reimbursed. You need to relax and just give it time.

Read the other threads for Amex reimbursement (other airlines). You will see a mix of people there freaking out because it has been 5 whole days, and others who have been reimbursed after simply waiting a couple weeks. The Amex T&C say it may take up to four weeks to get reimbursed, so if it's been less than a month, cool your jets, don't freak out, and have a little patience.

Also, anyone who has been dabbling in this for more than a little while knows that occasionally Amex seems to hit some glitch, and reimbursements just stop for a few weeks. This happened from late September through most of October of this year. One day, (around August 28, IIRC) all reimbursements just stopped. None went through until one day in October, at which point all new reimbursements started going through again in just a few days, and the backlog post-August started going through, too.

If you freak out and start calling Amex, you will only bring scrutiny to this, and what you are trying to do is explicitly against their terms, so use your head and do not call. Be patient. It will happen. Delays are now part of this game - if you can't stand a week (or a month) of waiting, this is not the game for you.

Don't panic. Don't call.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Life Plat, Marriott Life Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Just my luck! I went to buy a $50 gift certificate this afternoon, and kept running across a server error. I hope they fix it soon.
I also experienced an error every time I tried to buy an Alaska gift certificate the past few days. On a whim, I signed out of my account and tried to buy a gift certificate while logged out. The transaction went through with no problem.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:09 pm

thanks for the info. if i count business days, tomorrow will be day 5. not sure what to do if credit doesn't post by end of week.... dec 3 purchase date.
I agree do not call Amex bc if they flag enough gcs they'll stop reimbursing us.

Good news: both AS $100 gc and WN (another card) posted on same day: Dec 13 exactly 10 days after purchase.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:03 pm

I agree do not call Amex bc if they flag enough gcs they'll stop reimbursing us.

Good news: both AS $100 gc and WN (another card) posted on same day: Dec 13 exactly 10 days after purchase.
+1.
GC for $50 purchased 12/6, reimbursed 12/16. Just wait.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has anyone been able to get the award redeposit fee of $125 refunded?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
^
Was your AS GC a single $100, or two $50? Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Server error tonight.

Edit: followed instructions to sign out and try as a guest. Success!

Also success calling to change the Amex from UA to AS for the last few days of 2015. ^ (I hadn't used any of the credit yet.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.