Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does Marco Polo have minimum requirement to fly CX to get status? I'm thinking of taking 5 round trip connecting flights....that would get me 20 sectors and keep gold for another year.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: MP Diamond, BA Executive Gold
Originally Posted by Physci
Same here but with May year end - they have introduced lower qualification thresholds but as I never fly CX ......

Hi Physci, are you UK Centurion member? It seems this lower threshold does not apply to Hong Kong Centurion members (
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by qsum
Hi Physci, are you UK Centurion member? It seems this lower threshold does not apply to Hong Kong Centurion members (
yes, UK
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Got that letter too. I'm Canadian Cent. Current card expires Nov 14. Offered to renew up to May 15.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by Physci
Was end Nov so they are extending the existing card by 6 months and offering lower thresholds going forwards.
Great thanks! Any ICC Cent got the letter yet? My CX DM would expire at the end of the year, so we'll see.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Got that letter too. I'm Canadian Cent. Current card expires Nov 14. Offered to renew up to May 15.
Same here. May expiry.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Great thanks! Any ICC Cent got the letter yet? My CX DM would expire at the end of the year, so we'll see.
Sorry this is late but I am ICC Cent and received the same letter many months ago, extending six months (Aug 14 to Feb 15 for me) and confirming lower qualification requirements. The letter also included a new CX DM card with the extended expiry.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Updated Diamond status on Cathay Pacific - extended five months

Dear ACfly,

Cathay Pacific and American Express hope you are enjoyng your 1 year Diamond membership in The Marco Polo Club. We are writing to let you know that we are making changes. We are pleased to extend your complimentary Diamond membership for a further five months. This means your membership will expire 30 September 2015.

After that time, you will need to accrue 60,000 Club miles or 40 Club Sectors to retain Diamond Membership tier status.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Is there a list of what countries that issue centurions have the Marco Polo benefit (reduced mileage qualification)?

So far looks like UK, Canada, ICC do, and US, HK do not.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gd, VS Gd, EK Gd, AB Gd, Hilton Dimd, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, SPG Gd, Carlson Gd, Sirrus Gd
Originally Posted by ACfly
Dear ACfly,

Cathay Pacific and American Express hope you are enjoyng your 1 year Diamond membership in The Marco Polo Club. We are writing to let you know that we are making changes. We are pleased to extend your complimentary Diamond membership for a further five months. This means your membership will expire 30 September 2015.

After that time, you will need to accrue 60,000 Club miles or 40 Club Sectors to retain Diamond Membership tier status.
ACfly, did you have any earning flights with Cathay before they offered the additional five months? Was the offer addressed from Marco Polo or Amex?

My Diamond ends February and I could do with a few extra months to cover increased flying April to July.

Thanks Oystercatcher
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
No never collected miles on CX... Only AA.

Offer was addressed to Amex holder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.