HHonors Amex (no fee) & Surpass question

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

HHonors Amex (no fee) & Surpass question

Are these two cards considered different products and thus I'm eligible for a bonus on each?

My SO tried to upgrade from no-fee to Surpass using the 50k upgrade offer. However, upon doing so the site said that the upgrade offer was no longer available. She ended up applying for and getting a new Surpass card, but along the left column of the website there was a blanket statement that "you're only allowed 1 bonus per card" and I got a little scared that perhaps Amex treats the Surpass NOT as a separate card from the no-fee in terms of awarding the bonus.

Has anyone gotten the bonus on the Surpass after Amex's 1 bonus per card per lifetime rule change?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MilesGator
Are these two cards considered different products and thus I'm eligible for a bonus on each?

My SO tried to upgrade from no-fee to Surpass using the 50k upgrade offer. However, upon doing so the site said that the upgrade offer was no longer available. She ended up applying for and getting a new Surpass card, but along the left column of the website there was a blanket statement that "you're only allowed 1 bonus per card" and I got a little scared that perhaps Amex treats the Surpass NOT as a separate card from the no-fee in terms of awarding the bonus.

Has anyone gotten the bonus on the Surpass after Amex's 1 bonus per card per lifetime rule change?
I have both and got the bonus on both. This was just last March so recent experience.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel a little better, but March was also prior to when Amex went to the 1 bonus per card per lifetime rule correct?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:23 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I am confident that these are separate products, but have no direct experience. Suggest looking at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:04 pm

How long ago does your spouse applied for no fee card.
Usually Amex restricts card conversion for one year after card opened.
The message could be related to this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.