Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 and Terminal 5 Admirals Clubs

Link to LAX information on aa.com.
Link to LAX web site.

LOCATION: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4 Gate 40 Admirals Club is in "Concourse level across from gate 40.." (aa.com) Entry on concourse level, lift / elevator to next floor; tarmac views; assistance with AA travel-related issues; some "quieter" areas.

HOURS: See here for hours. (Although, it has been reported that the Club may indeed be opening earlier than the website-posted time).

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers (8)
  • Music Room (?)
  • Children's Room
  • Conference Rooms

Note: The Flagship Lounge is located upstairs within the Admirals Club and requires key card access - Club receptionists issue these, and the entrance to the Flagship Lounge is immediately to the left of the upstairs Club staff / assistance desks. See this thread.

You can now travel between the American Airlines T-4 and several other terminals without leaving Security via a pedestrian tunnel.

The airside connector between T-4 and the Tom Bradley International Terminal is open.

A shuttle bus from ground level by Gate 44 connects to the Remote (American Eagle) terminal, with its own Club.
  • For LAX Flagship Lounge, please refer to this thread)
  • For the "Eagle's Nest" Admirals Club in the remote American Eagle terminal see here.
  • For the Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounge, see here.

Useful tip: If you are headed to baggage claim at LAX, and you arrive at one of the higher-numbered gates (45-49), you can make it a little easier on yourself by going down the escalator to the shuttle bus terminal. Then turn left and go down another escalator to the walkway to baggage claim. This long walkway under the main concourse has a moving sidewalk. It's the same distance, but with a bit of mechanical help. There is "Baggage Claim" signage leading to those escalators.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Airport T-4, T-5 Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I've also seen cleaner mobile toilets in New Orleans during Mardi Gras--the restrooms are not well-kept in the evening, for sure.

That is unacceptable.....

I'd be tempted to take pics and share them with AA.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
If you have the time, the Alaska lounge in T6 is worth the trek. I connected in LAX a couple of weeks ago, checked into the AC, took one look around the packed room, and made the 10-15 minute walk. Enjoyed my pancakes.

Hopefully the T5 club will help, but I remember it being quite crowded as a Sky Club. There's not a ton of space there.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stripe
If you have the time, the Alaska lounge in T6 is worth the trek. I connected in LAX a couple of weeks ago, checked into the AC, took one look around the packed room, and made the 10-15 minute walk. Enjoyed my pancakes. Hopefully the T5 club will help, but I remember it being quite crowded as a Sky Club. There's not a ton of space there.
Unless AA is shrinking the space, the T5 SkyClub was huge in comparison to the much smaller and dumpy T6 Alaska Lounge. I wouldn't waste my time walking to T6.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Anyone have an update on the progress? I'm traveling through LAX in a week or so and considering stopping in before heading to the QF lounge.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Anyone have an update on the progress? I'm traveling through LAX in a week or so and considering stopping in before heading to the QF lounge.
I was there last week. There has been no apparent progress on the Admirals Club side since I last reported here. Only a small area - the former FlagShip Lounge - is currently open and it is very crowded.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Don't bother. If you want to lounge bounce, check out OW Lounge in TBIT.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Don't bother. If you want to lounge bounce, check out OW Lounge in TBIT.
Is this different from the QF F lounge? I'll ultimately settle there but I always enjoyed going to the self serve bar of the AA flagship lounge. Where is the OW lounge? I may stop in to AA just to check the progress.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Is this different from the QF F lounge?
There's QF F and OW J. Both are nice. QF F has a sit down restaurant though.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Is this different from the QF F lounge? I'll ultimately settle there but I always enjoyed going to the self-serve bar of the AA flagship lounge. Where is the OW lounge? I may stop in to AA just to check the progress.
The OW J lounge is a floor down from the QF First Lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There's QF F and OW J. Both are nice. QF F has a sit down restaurant though.

Is the OW J lounge the old Qantas lounge? Is there a self serve bar there?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:52 pm

Is the OW J lounge the old Qantas lounge? Is there a self serve bar there?
Last time I was there, the only "self-serve" libations were champagne and wine.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Folks,

There is extensive discussion of the LAX oneworld lounges in the following thread:
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'll be looking to see how they AA lounge are progressing in late August.

Originally Posted by zpaul
Is this different from the QF F lounge? I'll ultimately settle there but I always enjoyed going to the self serve bar of the AA flagship lounge. Where is the OW lounge? I may stop in to AA just to check the progress.
The OW J lounge is a floor down from the QF First Lounge.
At TBIT, they are on the same floor - the front door of the First lounge being ~60 yards along the walkway from the entry to the OW Business lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
Last time I was there, the only "self-serve" libations were champagne and wine.
You can hardly call Wolf Blass sparkling wine champagne.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by duvin
You can hardly call Wolf Blass sparkling wine champagne.
I thought Wolf was on CNN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.