Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 AA First Class / Flagship Check-In

American Airlines Flagship First Check-in has moved and now operates in a facility shared with British Airways in Terminal 3, Zone D, effective 27 Nov 2019. Use rules now conform to usual Flagship First Check-in rules, so this thread will be archived.

For the current thread, please see GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev) — link

(The First Class Check-In facility was originally situated outside Terminal 3 in Zone H. This facility was previously called Flagship Check-in, then Premium Check-in, before being rebranded in late 2016 to First Class Check-in. It then moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017.)

Once you have completed your check-in process, you will progress through to the expedited security lane which offers easy access through airport security check points.

The Zone B Flagship First Class Check-In position is available for:
  • First Class customers travelling on American Airlines (Business customers previously had access but this has gone away)
  • ConciergeKey members
  • Five Star Service customers
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld Emerald customers
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Zone F, the last time I used it.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Flagship Check-in moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by JDiver
Flagship Check-in moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017
... and it's utilitarian (to be polite). In fact you have to walk to the very back of Zone B. It's not easy to see from the front door of T3, and you walk past the AA economy check-in.

I am told that Zone B is temporary, the first in a sequence of steps that will create a new AA/BA premium check-in area in T3. (The member of staff didn't say whether this new facility will be in Zone H or somewhere else.) The process is expected to last 12-18 months.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
So the little Flagship facility outside of the terminal by the corridor to Arrivals is no more?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Right - nothing special about F check-in. It's an agent about 30 feet to the right of the J check-in. Similar line, seems to be identical service.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
So the little Flagship facility outside of the terminal by the corridor to Arrivals is no more?
According to the check in person last week: The old flagship facility is becoming the VAT refunds office. Flagship permanently in zone B but will be made to look nicer. Something about security reasons for doing this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:39 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
deleted

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 12, 2017 at 1:48 pm Reason: The answer was in the Wiki
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
The old facility closing is unfortunate, as it was really nice being able to check in right after stepping off the tube or getting dropped off.

However, I’m not too disappointed here because as nice as checking in here was, the process after you had your boarding pass was a bit odd in that you had to go back outside, pick another vestibule to enter, and then circle around to an escalator and walk down the long hall to Fast Track security. I’ve never actually checked in with AA inside, but I presume it’ll at least shorten that part of it.

If it was like Flagship check in at LAX, JFK, or ORD, I would miss it.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
If it were me, I would use the dedicated F/J check-in counters between zones B and C inside, just to be sure... I've heard the Flagship Check-in is rather well defended by staff there, although I've never used it when not entitled myself so cannot speak firsthand as to how fierce they may be.
Funny and rather well described. There was a woman out front who first asked if I was flying first (I was) and then demanded I show her the ticket before she would let me through. ...?? I flashed my CK luggage tags and she backed off, but it left me feeling annoyed for a while
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by TravelingExec

Funny and rather well described. There was a woman out front who first asked if I was flying first (I was) and then demanded I show her the ticket before she would let me through. ...?? I flashed my CK luggage tags and she backed off, but it left me feeling annoyed for a while
I bet there are plenty of people who claim they are then when asked to produce ticket cannot and are turned away. So you could also think of her as helping to preserve a short line for flagship check in.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I walked through without stopping and when approached let them know I was EXP. My husband was with me and once I let them know my status, there was no other issue. Not sure why others seem to have an issue.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lightbulbs

I bet there are plenty of people who claim they are then when asked to produce ticket cannot and are turned away. So you could also think of her as helping to preserve a short line for flagship check in.
I was once behind folks like that in the old flagship check-in. A family of four claiming EXP status, but as they were being checked in it became clear to me very quickly that they weren't regular travelers. It turned out that one of them was Gold and the others had no status and they were flying Economy. They made them gather up their bags and pointed them towards the regular check-in – the wife looked completely exasperated, as if she had spent the last 24 hours explaining that it wouldn't work!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:23 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I walked through without stopping and when approached let them know I was EXP. My husband was with me and once I let them know my status, there was no other issue. Not sure why others seem to have an issue.
Perhaps the Checkin Counter Dragons are trained to look at luggage tags? My rollaboard sports old-style well-worn EXP tags, at least 15 years old. (I replace the tags if and when they need replacing: I've got plenty of spares.) Those luggage tags are probably the only visual clue that I actually belong at Flagship Checkin (as I look nothing like a typical FC pax, whatever that may look like). But I'm never stopped at the Flagship checkin area, nor the BA First Checkin at LHR, etc.

Theory: the line dragons look for luggage tags.

It this theory holds up, I just might try to sell some vintage EXP luggage tags on eBay <kidding>
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Perhaps the Checkin Counter Dragons are trained to look at luggage tags? My rollaboard sports old-style well-worn EXP tags, at least 15 years old. (I replace the tags if and when they need replacing: I've got plenty of spares.) Those luggage tags are probably the only visual clue that I actually belong at Flagship Checkin (as I look nothing like a typical FC pax, whatever that may look like). But I'm never stopped at the Flagship checkin area, nor the BA First Checkin at LHR, etc.

Theory: the line dragons look for luggage tags.

It this theory holds up, I just might try to sell some vintage EXP luggage tags on eBay <kidding>
No luggage tags here, maybe they had a list of EXPs traveling and I gave my name too? To be honest, I just recall there being no hassle and I didn't need to show them anything.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ORD-DCA Flyer
The old facility closing is unfortunate, as it was really nice being able to check in right after stepping off the tube or getting dropped off. However, I’m not too disappointed here because as nice as checking in here was, the process after you had your boarding pass was a bit odd in that you had to go back outside, pick another vestibule to enter, and then circle around to an escalator and walk down the long hall to Fast Track security. I’ve never actually checked in with AA inside, but I presume it’ll at least shorten that part of it.
I realise that's an old post, but I agree. What was really great was the old Park Lane check-in, with the doorman who took your luggage out of the car and brought it to the check-in desk for you, and then the separate lift that got you upstairs quickly without having to walk through the check-in area.

But the new BA "Wing" is my preferred check-in at LHR these days, especially if you have the car drop you off all the way at the end of T5 just beyond the last pedestrian crossing ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.