Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: None
The website. If it's an East operated flight (the flt # says it is) it will be the ETOPS version of the 757. That's all East has left.

Jim
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-S, HH-G, MR-P
Thanks Jim
I'll go with the website
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
No Envoy upgrades - Coach seat selection strategy

I'm not going to be able to use my TA upgrades for a flight to BRU tomorrow on the 757. Oh well...good for US that they can sell those seats.

It looks like there are several rows that are currently unoccupied. Right now, I have an aisle, empty seat, and someone is in the window seat.

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea not only to move myself, but perhaps to move myself to a middle seat, hoping that no one would want to sit on either side of the middle and that I'd end up with the row to myself. The flight doesn't look like it will be completely full, so it seems likely I could move to a window or aisle if my plan fails.

Any strategies for a situation like this to get the best possible seating situation in a bad situation?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by dingo
I'm not going to be able to use my TA upgrades for a flight to BRU tomorrow on the 757. Oh well...good for US that they can sell those seats.

It looks like there are several rows that are currently unoccupied. Right now, I have an aisle, empty seat, and someone is in the window seat.

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea not only to move myself, but perhaps to move myself to a middle seat, hoping that no one would want to sit on either side of the middle and that I'd end up with the row to myself. The flight doesn't look like it will be completely full, so it seems likely I could move to a window or aisle if my plan fails.

Any strategies for a situation like this to get the best possible seating situation in a bad situation?
Don't do it. People can show up from out of the woodwork. Had that happen on more than one occasion.

Aisle plus empty nextdoor is tolerable. Can you ask them to block that seat?

Also, my recollection is that the front left exit row is sweet ... full stretch, not too hard to sleep. Call and beg for that ?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'd thought about the exit, but I am not a fan of not being able to raise the armrests and losing part of the seat width to the larger armrests that hold the tray tables.

Something odd happned between last night and this morning: a ton of seats were assigned and now what used to be very sparsely occupied rows are full 3 x 3. Guess they had a bunch of people without seat assignments. So now I've got a full row. There is a "choice" row that is empty...maybe pay up for that in the hopes that it won't fill?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dingo
Why not? Are they saying that they haven't released inventory yet - or is the cabin full? I would call again 25 hours prior to the flight.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:59 am

It has been "sold out" for the last few days. Prior to that, the seat maps showed full but I could have still bought an unrestricted Envoy ticket. I call each day on both legs just in case.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:54 am

I think that is the cabin with just 11 seats. Hopefully something opens up at the last minute for you!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:09 am

Thanks for the good wishes.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:30 am

It worked!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA
C class worth it

On seat guru I notice the businesss class seats are recliner, so it does come across as relatively low in comfort. I fly LH and 9W a lot. Is this comparable or lower standard (seat, inflight entertainment,...) ? Any advice welcome
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by snakedriver
On seat guru I notice the businesss class seats are recliner, so it does come across as relatively low in comfort. I fly LH and 9W a lot. Is this comparable or lower standard (seat, inflight entertainment,...) ? Any advice welcome
Here is info from the US website (click on the 757/A330-300 tab for a picture of the seats):

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...nvoyclass.html

I've flown the 757 Envoy and the LH C seats. The LH C seats are better by a little but not a significant margin (not being true lay flats either). The service is similar (hope for a good US crew!).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:38 am

I managed to clear with my CP certs both directions. A little on this aircraft and the service.

The interior of the plane is absolutely dreadful. The carpets and the carpet on the walls are stained. The crew is (or was on both of my flights) surly and lazy. I hate to use such a word, but it is very fitting. Empty wine glasses. No flexibility for a pax who didn't want the appetizer ("I'll have to take it off the tray and just throw it away then I guess since it all comes pre-assembled"...OH NO!). The AV is what it is.

I cannot imagine:
1. Burning a lot of miles to sit up there.
2. Riding in coach and having to watch "THE" movie...no on-demand stuff is a crime.
3. Paying whatever US is charging to ride in Envoy on this plane.

I was talking to one of the FA's about the aircraft and said that I couldn't imagine paying to ride up there and that they needed to be replaced with newer equipment. She told me that she worked there when the 757's came online and she hopes they never go away because they are such a good source of memories for her.

I think they need to get new crew when they get new equipment, and change both more frequently!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
I have to agree, I was in envoy last month and in the middle of my movie, the screen froze. After telling the flight attendant who remarked "Oh no", and went back to his IPad game, I was stuck with watching the clouds go by for 5 hours and watching the crew use the two envoy crew rest seats to watch movies. I'm not begrudging them their rest, only that passenger nonworking units weren't a concern for anyone, nor did he even indicate he was going to write it up.

Food was surprisingly good and if I ever figure out how to post photos, I'll get them uploaded.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:00 am

You should have been given a $150 voucher for the non-working AV in Envoy. The last time it happened to me, that is what I got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.