Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
I have downloaded the toolbar on 6/15 and done my 300 searches(yahoo search really is bad, it is not intuitive and it just really s**ks but hey that's 100 lazy miles for me, not yet posted).

Today 7/1 my counter got reset back to "0 searches >> 0 Miles" and I have just checked my AAdvantage account and saw the 500 miles posted.. just wanted to let the group know
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by flyaaah
just checked my AAdvantage account and saw the 500 miles posted
Still no love here.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by flyaaah
I have downloaded the toolbar on 6/15 and done my 300 searches(yahoo search really is bad, it is not intuitive and it just really s**ks but hey that's 100 lazy miles for me, not yet posted).

Today 7/1 my counter got reset back to "0 searches >> 0 Miles" and I have just checked my AAdvantage account and saw the 500 miles posted.. just wanted to let the group know
On June 1st and July 1st, my search miles went back to 0 too. I guess that happens every month, but I've received nothing.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
Still no love here.
No love here either...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
[QUOTE=flyaaah;14224296]I have downloaded the toolbar on 6/15 and done my 300 searches(yahoo search really is bad, it is not intuitive and it just really s**ks but hey that's 100 lazy miles for me, not yet posted).

Today 7/1 my counter got reset back to "0 searches >> 0 Miles" and I have just checked my AAdvantage account and saw the 500 miles posted.. just wanted to let the group know[/QUOTE

Guess you're lucky. I downloaded end of May and still haven't seen any miles. Wrote AAdvantage customer service and was told to expect them in 8 weeks or so. Very frustrating that some seem to get the miles really quick and others have to wait forever.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by _kurt
Would that really be atypical? Miles from my Monday flight posted Tuesday, but I'm still waiting on miles from a flight last week...
Miles from flights seem to post rather quickly (on Continental and AA at least). Partner miles always seem to take longer, sometimes MUCH longer. Always leaves me wondering if they got lost until they post...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:13 am

It appears that the promotion has been extended to July 31.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ha... Blocked from my work as a malicious site (the http://s31.freecause.com/aadvantage_toolbar.xpi ) interesting
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
OK, I see a few replies that downloads on 6/15 have received the 500 miles. Mrs FTF and I downloaded the toolbar on 6/19, but neither of us have seen credit yet. So if there is any consistency (OK, I know not to expect it), those might be dates that determine whether there was enough time to post.

I also did not see monthly search miles but I would't expect those. In my case for example I didn't max out until about 6/28, and I imagine they would just hold all the accounts open until the end of the month - no need in their mind to account for different days when an individual might max out.

FTF
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:18 pm

500 miles posted to my acct yesterday....

didn't use the search bar at all.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Are the miles posting into your advantage account, or into the AAdvantage eshopping account?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:24 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Originally Posted by babiesflyfree
500 miles posted to my acct yesterday....

didn't use the search bar at all.
when had you downloaded and installed? still waiting here on two computers that downloaded the toolbar for a different family member for each, been a couple weeks. i already unistalled the thing, what a pain it was.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:32 am

I downloaded in May, earned miles from searching in May and June, each 0-ed out on the 1st of the month. No miles have posted for any of this. To be fair the toolbar miles aren't supposed to post for several months according to the T&C.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by rrgg
I downloaded in May, earned miles from searching in May and June, each 0-ed out on the 1st of the month. No miles have posted for any of this. To be fair the toolbar miles aren't supposed to post for several months according to the T&C.
Hasnt posted for me, I DL the day this thread started. T&C says 8-12 weeks...
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
T&C says 8-12 weeks...
8-12 weeks after the promotion has ended. It ends on 7/31, so that puts us in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.