Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by miAAflyer
I tried calling FreeCause, but you just get voicemail. Has anyone figured out why counter is no longer working?
I sent an email through the AA eshopping mall website and did not receive a reply.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:17 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
This month I have performed a large number of searches and I know that at least 300 of them should have been valid (or would have been in previous months).

I am showing 116 valid searches and 38 miles earned for the month when I know it should be 300 valid searches and 100 miles earned.

So what compensation should I demand for the missing 62 miles
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Clearly a lot of our counters are currently stuck. Perhaps when the new month starts and it resets it will start counting searches again.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:16 am

The search counter reset to zero this morning but it is still not registering searches.

Last edited by tbrein; Dec 1, 2010 at 8:14 am
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:10 pm

Tonight my toolbar had a message that it was corrupted and to uninstall it. I then reinstalled it but it is still not counting searches.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Mine reset yesterday, and since today searches and miles have been showing.

Originally Posted by NM
So what compensation should I demand for the missing 62 miles
Maybe they'll post 100 to everyone to make up for the freeze?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger

Mine didn't even reset, the counter no longer working. staying at the old number, no matter what I do. I uninstalled, and re-installed the tool bar. No luck. Try the tool bar on firefox, no luck either.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:07 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
We can only live in hope

think of all the money they are raking in by all these searches/hits and ads being thrown down our throats.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:31 pm

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and after a while it started counting searches again.

I also received a reply from Aadvantage e Shopping. Here it is for what it is worth:

"Thank you for contacting AAdvantage eShopping (SM). We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the toolbar search function.

If your toolbar has suddenly stopped counting your searches and/or your statistics seem to have been reset, you may have been logged out of the toolbar. You should log out of toolbar and close all browsers. Then log back in.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8:30- 6:00pm EST.

Sincerely,

AAdvantage eShopping (SM) Customer Care"
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Sooooooo...looks like I'm not the only one experiencing problems with my free monthly 100 AA miles.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:18 pm

Is anyone else having every website say it's NOT participating in the toolbar?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Jeez...my toolbar just disappeared (yesterday, midday). It had been working fine, and indeed I made a couple of purchases on it. Then it vanished - not just the counter, but the whole thing. What makes it weird is the Dividend Miles bar is still working, and what's more my wife's AA toolbar is working fine.

I reloaded explorer, then restarted, with no luck. Gave it overnight and did the same and nothing fixed.

Damn thing. Maybe I'll have to remove it and redownload it again.

FTF
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold

This sounds like the problem I'm having. I installed the toolbar recently. I started doing searches, but after 30+ I stopped getting credit. A little footnote/pop up message at the bottom right appeared saying I wasn't doing qualifying searches. Clicking on the link inside, it said they use a sophisticated algorythym (sp?), and that basically I wasn't following the rules. Hadn't really been aware there were rules, as it said you get credit for searches, even if you don't purchase.

Anyway, I waited 15 minutes, and it started giving me credit again. But after about 20 more searches, the same thing happened again. It's been about 1.5 days, and I'm not getting credit for any searches. Any cure for this? Thx tls
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Mine gets stuck and stops and starts. Failed seaches in the past 24 hours have included: Macy's, REI, American Airlines, FlyerTalk and Sears. It never brings up Overstock.com with the blue bar. I don't trust that and sign in to AAdvantage eshopping for Overstock.com.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Mine gets stuck and stops and starts. Failed seaches in the past 24 hours have included: Macy's, REI, American Airlines, FlyerTalk and Sears. It never brings up Overstock.com with the blue bar. I don't trust that and sign in to AAdvantage eshopping for Overstock.com.
I wouldn't trust the thing on purchases either, given all the other problems with it. But as far as missed searches when the search counter isn't showing, I've actually had pretty good luck - when it reappears, they are usually included.

Often it takes at least a restart of the browser, or sometimes a reboot of the computer, to get it to reappear. But othertimes of course it seems to just be a freecause problem. Not a very great or smooth program but every month I keep getting the 100 miles.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.