FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1087478-aa-miles-downloading-aadvantage-eshopping-toolbar-searches-etc.html)

Daniella May 20, 2010 5:27 pm

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Download the AA toolbar and get 500 bonus miles, and up to a 100 yahoo search miles a month. https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

For Win/Linux and Mac.

"You must download the toolbar on this page, and perform at least 1 toolbar search and or make 1 toolbar purchase with a participating toolbar retailer before June 30, 2010 to earn the 500 mile bonus. Bonus miles will post to your AAdvantage account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date. You will only earn the 500 mile toolbar download bonus the first time you download the toolbar."

best May 20, 2010 6:26 pm

From lack of responses---it seems this is not very special.

bt13 May 20, 2010 6:58 pm

it looks like you get 1 mile for every 3 searches with the yahoo searches as well, up to 100 points per month. don't know how long they will offer that, but you can get up to 1200 miles that way per year.

if nothing else, good way to keep your existing miles from expiring.

millsdale May 20, 2010 7:15 pm

My worry is with any toolbar and that is it robs system performance and possible spyware, I stay away from all those tool bars and widgets. Especially for the low miles offered.

shadesofgrey1x May 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Took a look and installed. The yahoo search is a joke. They decide, without telling how if a search is legit or not. My searches earned 3 point for 10 searches. What a scam!!!

demkr May 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Yeah it seems the same way here - 15 searches = 5 miles so far. Hopefully will get the 500 bonus. Hey, it's worth it, every single one counts for lifetime mileage.

bt13 May 20, 2010 8:27 pm

like it says you get 1 mile per 3 searches... what you are experiencing is correct, for 10 searches you would have three miles, or 15 you would have five... it's not a one to one thing.

i didnt think of the spyware issue though....

demkr May 20, 2010 8:58 pm

The thing says it doesn't install any adware/spyware on the installation site, but I don't know much about it. It is a bit grueling to run through 300 searches a month...I was able to get all of mine done. A mile is a mile.

cliffordchan May 20, 2010 9:03 pm

got it easy miles. Thanks

Stoughton May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Daniella (Post 13994960)
You will only earn the 500 mile toolbar download bonus the first time you download the toolbar."

I wonder if that's 1 time per AA account or 1 time per machine?

Max M May 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Before anyone throws a party, thinking that this is an easy way to get MM status, it will take quite a while.

Once you reach 100 miles-- not searches-- I think I did 300+ searches to earn the 300 miles-- you reach a monthly limit.

That's right-- 100 miles cap using the toolbar is it. :(

At least it's 100 miles... but then again... this is a Vesdia product.... hopefully the miles will post.

Caenis May 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm really glad AAdvantage hopped on board with the search rewards. Boy do I love free things. Microsoft, Swagbucks (Google/Ask.com?), now Yahoo. Pity Microsoft took away the ability to get tickets by solely using their toolbar. Microsoft should bring that back. I don't like playing the games very much.

Did AAdvantage have a toolbar like this before, or is this the first time? I ran across a page promoting this about a month ago, but once I tried clicking any of the links on the page, I was informed that there was an error. Did I encounter an old promotion page, or did I stumble upon a glitch and get a peak into the future?

s4popo May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I installed it for the quick 500 miles. I'm not sure it's worth it for the additional 100 miles monthly. At the end of the day, I still prefer the old and trustworthy Google. :D I'll probably uninstall it after the 500 miles post. Thanks to the OP.

flying chef May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

A relatively easy way to keep your account active. Like most, I will wait and see.

sonofzeus May 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by s4popo (Post 13999208)
I'll probably uninstall it after the 500 miles post.

In the meantime, it's easy to hide the new toolbar in IE7.