Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I sent my stuff on Friday via certified USPS mail. Let's hope it gets there and my miles posts as correct.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 9:06 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Originally Posted by jayer
Even if only one package, I think you are the first one. I never expected to be purchasing industrial quantities or changing my handle to Cheese Guy, The Swiss Knight, or even Laughing at the Cow, but I still would like to pick up a few just to keep other family members less active accounts current.
I never found any of the marked boxes in Austin, although HEB does carry other Emmi products.

My purchase was out-of-state over Thanksgiving in Indy.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Crediting time

For those of you who just had a few cupons and entered them manually...

How long took it to show up on your statements ?
Old Dec 17, 2006, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
There are at least two members of the New York Bar participating on this thread and each of us is capable of taking care of ourselves. Any company that would laugh off the threat of a lawsuit from an experienced attorney in its own state would be extremely foolish.

People who are not experienced with the legal system in New York, particularly the office of the Attorney General, do not serve the membership of FT well by making predictions on what that office will or will not do.

Since other people read this thread, let me make it very clear that the New York State Attorney General's Office investigates EVERY consumer complaint. I know this as a fact from my experience in the Mahattan District Attorney's Office when we referred matters to them.

Not every investigation results in a lawsuit by the AG, as many cases are resolved informally. Indeed, only a fool ignores an inquiry from the Attorney General, particularly the Attorney General of the State of New York.

To repeat from an earlier thread, if you wish to contact the consumer protection unit of the New York State Attorney General's Office, you can do so by mail, phone or fax at:

New York State Office of the Attorney General
Eliot Spitzer
Consumer Protection Bureau
120 Broadway, 3rd floor
New York, New York 10271
(212) 416-8345 (phone)
(212) 416-8787 (fax)

and via the web at http://www.oag.state.ny.us/complaint..._consumer.html
Ok counselor.

BTW, for those of you preparing to sue, remember that many states permit recovery of treble damages in consumer protection cases.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 3:29 am

Wooohooooo

^ ^ ^ ^ THANK YOU EMMI USA

I had mailed my 219 certs and as I was promised I got all my 109,500 AA miles into my account. WOW^ ^ ^ ^

Thank you EMMI USA for doing this.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 4:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
I, too, seem to have a large number of miles posted to my account but since it is over 37,00 from cheese, I will have to check with aa customer service during the business day to see if the correct number posted.

Unlike the previous poster, I do not believe that this calls for any type of compliment or "thumbs up" to Emmi.

How have others fared?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 4:18 am

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 12, 2009 at 8:30 pm
Old Dec 18, 2006, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Imagine the fun we all could have had with this if Emmi hadn't run afoul of it's own promotion, and actually kept it's original promises.
Agreed. Under those conditions, I would have agreed with posting a thank you or thumbs up.

They reneged on their part of the bargain. We stood up to them. They seem to have given in.

This is a cause for saying "thumbs up" to Emmi?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:18 am

redacted

Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
How have others fared?
I received "all" my miles. Daniel never gave me the miles for the 8 certificates that came from the cheese wheels that had 2 certificates in them. After Emmi initially changed the T&C, I entered a code to receive the Swiss Army Knife (fearing I would get NO miles at all), then after they honored all the certificates, in good faith I cancelled that knife order. Now that I feel cheated (yet again), I want the knife and the 8 certs sent back to me. Still no response from David.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:17 am

delete post

Last edited by mellowg; Dec 18, 2006 at 6:19 am Reason: inaccurate info
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:30 pm

I called AAdvantage Customer Service and they were unable to resolve the problem of no more than 75 entries posting on the aa.com AAdvantage balance sheet.

My aa.com account shows 75 entries of 500 miles each, all posted on December 14. Clearly there should be more, a lot more. It seems that the "Total Available Award Mileage" and "Program to Date Miles" are reflecting the increase which is approximately what Emmi owes me, but since I have other credits coming from flying AA and from my credit card, I can't be sure.

They said to wait until next month when thigs would be clearer.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why American Airlines does not list ALL your activity on the aa.com AAdvantage web page.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:22 pm

redacted

Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
I had 126,000 miles post today.

I am happy they did.

Would I buy a staggering amount of cheese if this promo was still going on? Yes.

Do I think Emmi seriously misjudged demand and obsessive qualities of FTers? Yes.

Do I hold a grudge against them for changing the promo?
No.

I think it's great they honored their commitment for the early certs. Although I would have liked the promo to continue, I don't see Emmi losing thousands of dollars per FTer to fund a pile of AA miles.

When things were looking bad, I knew I wasn't going to hire a lawyer for the dollar amount involved. If the AG got involved, fine.

And, if anyone is wondering what Emmi paid for these miles, I'm guessing they may have gotten a small discount from what is posted on AA.com, but not much.

"Make American Airlines AAdvantageŽ Miles Work For Your Business

Cost of AAdvantageŽ Miles:
AAdvantageŽ miles cost 2.2 cents per mile. A minimum purchase of 250,000 AAdvantageŽ miles is required per order."

Then there is a .1 cent administrative fee per mile to credit it to each account.

While it would be great to pay less than 1/2 price for miles and have Emmi throw in several hundred (several thousand?) wheels of cheese for free, I don't see that business model being sustainable, even for a short time.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 7:32 pm

redacted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.