Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by metallo
Per the preorder menu, it looks like I'll be getting the chicken pot pie crêpes on my flight out of SAN this weekend. It's actually not a bad meal, but it's been offered my last four mainline flights from SAN (through ORD or DFW). I'm ready for a change.
Not the world's biggest fan of the sweet potato puree, but it was a nice enough meal. If you have the teryaki beef option and don't need the extra calories from the chicken meal, I would recommend you try that as a salad. OH had it on our outbound flight and it was an excellent bit of meat with a good salad overall.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
I noted the pre-order for my 6/11 ex-DFW lunch midcon to include the Buffalo chicken salad, reviewed already, or this:

Adobo Chicken
Served with loaded mashed potatoes and a corn and red pepper sauté

I couldn't find that item from a search of this thread, though did find a 'Adobo Chicken' sandwich in the 2012 thread, which had decidedly mixed reviews. I figured this lunch dish isn't a sandwich, based on the 'loaded mashed potatoes and a corn and red pepper saute', but could be wrong. Any insight?
Old May 15, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by camachinist
I noted the pre-order for my 6/11 ex-DFW lunch midcon to include the Buffalo chicken salad, reviewed already, or this:

Adobo Chicken
Served with loaded mashed potatoes and a corn and red pepper sauté

I couldn't find that item from a search of this thread, though did find a 'Adobo Chicken' sandwich in the 2012 thread, which had decidedly mixed reviews. I figured this lunch dish isn't a sandwich, based on the 'loaded mashed potatoes and a corn and red pepper saute', but could be wrong. Any insight?

It is DELICIOUS! I really like it. Especially when it is served with purple mashed potatoes. AA used to serve this one only in the IFS meal rotation, but I'm glad to see it appearing on midcon too.
Old May 18, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 1193
DFW-SNA
Breakfast

No PDBs offered as we boarded late.

Choice of:

Cereal
with milk and banana

Quiche
Soy bacon quiche Lorraine offered with herb-crusted Roma tomato and grilled asparagus tips

Served with cranberry muffin or biscuit

Pre-order worked as advertised. Quiche and roasted tomato were good. Asparagus was slightly over cooked but tasty. Our FA, Ann, was phenomonal. She constantly roamed the cabin topping off drinks, I was addressed by name at every interaction, and she came around the cabin to shake hands and thanked pax for their business just before landing.
Old May 18, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Chicken, chicken

DFW-RSW
AA 2268
737-800 refurbished
6:45P-10:30P
March 16, 2013
Dinner
Pre-selection noted

Appropriately age FAs considering the destination. Even Mrs. SFO remarked "wow, they can't find any younger FAs than this crew?"
Choice of cheese tortellini or the always tasty chipotle chicken with rice and green/yellow beans.
Greek-ish salad and caramel cheesecake.

DFW-RSW
AA 455
737-800
6:20P-8:05P
March 18, 2013
Dinner
Pre-selection noted

Much better (and younger) indeed outstanding FA Kris tonight.
Choice of tortellini or chicken with beurre blanc/bearnaise, rice and fava beans.
Caesar and caramel cheesecake.

Old May 18, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Drives me bonkers that a 3:35PM departure LAX-DFW with an 8:40PM arrival is considered a lunch flight. Come on AA.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
MIA YUL
May 2013
J
Late Night Snack

Only water was offered as PDB since the flight was already delayed two hours and they were rushing to board passengers

Warm nuts

Choice of Thai Chicken Wrap or Chilled Beef Salad

Freshly baked cookies
Chocolate chip or white macademia nut

I had the chicken wrap and although quite small, it was truly delicious.

My seat mate had the beef salad, which was huge and smelled good.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:51 am

AA 2068
DFW-CMH
MD80 w/ Main Cabin Extra
12:10PM-3:30PM (sked)
12:23PM-3:22PM (actual)
May 16, 2013
Snack
PDB: Unknown

Pic courtesy of my fiance. Appears to be an open face turkey on wheat sandwich with a side of cole slaw.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WChou
Pic courtesy of my fiance.
Congratulations WChou. And one that takes (great) in flight food pics!! ^
Old May 19, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
05.19.13, DCA-DFW, Dinner

05.19.13, DCA-DFW (737, new seats), 5:40p departure, dinner

No PDB

Hot nuts, towel

Choice of:
Cheese tortellini in cream sauce
-or-
Herb chicken breast

Had the chicken. One of my favorites. Served with a buerre blanc sauce, yellow rice, and fava beans. Salad and cheesecake on tray.

Good service.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
I have ANC - DFW scheduled July 2013.

Flight leaves ANC at 8:30 p.m., arrival DFW 5:50 a.m. We're using miles to upgrade. Flight is listed as meal service. What meal will be served? Dinner on departure or breakfast on arrival?
Old May 20, 2013, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by wintersummer

Flight leaves ANC at 8:30 p.m., arrival DFW 5:50 a.m. We're using miles to upgrade. Flight is listed as meal service. What meal will be served? Dinner on departure or breakfast on arrival?
AA.com shows "Snack or Brunch", similar to many of the later redeye flights.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by wintersummer

From what I recall from past years you'll get a snack right after departure from ANC (a single tray large salad or something similar in portion size to the transcon redeye meal) and then muffins or scones with juice in the morning prior to landing.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 20, 2013, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
you'll get a snack right after departure from ANC (a single tray large salad or something similar in portion size to the transcon redeye meal) and then muffins or scones with juice in the morning prior to landing.
That's about right. The specific items will be underwhelming. Dine before boarding.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:22 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
05.20.13 AA1306 LAX-BNA F Class (737, new seats and brand new Sky interior)

11:25AM departure, lunch, ontime

Limited (late, just before door closes) PDB of champagne, OJ or water

No hot towel service offered

Warm nuts x2 - offered generous refills

Meal choices were herbes de provence chicken with fava beans and rice or cheese tortellini with cheese sauce, both with salad and toffee cheesecake. Pre-plated meal and I made a little warm salad out of my chicken selection (pre-selected on AA.com, never acknowledged). Was a decent lunch meal.

Came around later with mints prior to arrival and drinks were topped up throughout.All in all, cannot complain about today's service. Was reasonable and reliable, and on a brand new plane with new interiors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.