Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 6:01 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
I've been automatically rebooked as a Plat on a number of delays, cancellations, etc., - so not so sure the "not having to call for rebooking" is significantly special.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
If you earned it go get it ..... if you use it or not your call
Old May 4, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MikeTucson
I've enjoyed the service over the last 12 months - will they re-invite me?
What did you do last year to get it? Did you do the same this year?
Old May 4, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wlciii
What did you do last year to get it? Did you do the same this year?

You don't "do" anything to get CK. You have to be invited.

And if you have to ask what the qualification requirements are, then chances are you are NOT eligible.
Old May 4, 2008, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
You don't "do" anything to get CK. You have to be invited.

And if you have to ask what the qualification requirements are, then chances are you are NOT eligible.
Certainly you have to "do" something to be invited. Just because the thing(s) you have to "do" is/are not well defined or not published doesn't mean you can't "do" thing(s) to get the invite.

BTW, I know I'm not eligible, and have read some "rumors" as to what some of the requirements might be, but if you have a more complete list please feel free to share.
Old May 4, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
If you earned it go get it ..... if you use it or not your call
If the GA is paging you, you can't exactly ignore it. While it currently happens sometimes as an EXP (5% of flights), I think a regular occurance would be more of a nuisance.
Old May 4, 2008, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Certainly you have to "do" something to be invited. Just because the thing(s) you have to "do" is/are not well defined or not published doesn't mean you can't "do" thing(s) to get the invite.

BTW, I know I'm not eligible, and have read some "rumors" as to what some of the requirements might be, but if you have a more complete list please feel free to share.

Generally speaking, if you want to be invited to CK, you have to drive a LOT of revenue to AA by significantly impacting the traveling decisions of many others. For example, the CEOs, VPs of Travel or Travel Managers of major corporations would be candidates for CK membership. I saw a daily "meet and greet" CK list that a Premium Services agent had at DFW earlier this year, and it included, among others, lots of VPs of technology companies--Samsung, Sony, etc.

These are the kinds of people who AA wants to wine and dine, because if they go back to their companies and say they had a wonderful, smooth experience traveling on AA, then tens of thousands of their employees worldwide could start flying on AA, representing millions in revenue. I'm in agreement that it is in AA's best interests, therefore, to "court" these kinds of executives and give them the red-carpet treatment.
Old May 4, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Understood, Mia
Old May 4, 2008, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Generally speaking, if you want to be invited to CK, you have to drive a LOT of revenue to AA by significantly impacting the traveling decisions of many others. For example, the CEOs, VPs of Travel or Travel Managers of major corporations would be candidates for CK membership....
Espen, I appreciate your attempt to generally outline a possible (and what seems to be a pretty logical) requirement for an invitation to CK. But, what I would really like to hear are some first hand insights into what people have actually done to get the invite.

All I'm sayin' is that I have no idea what the requirement are, but, from the looks of this thread there are at least 2 posters that may be able to tell us what they did to get in. They may say, "I'm the CEO (or VP) of a Fortune 500 company..." (although I doubt many F500 CEOs grace our presence here on FT--I may be wrong). Or they may say, "I flew 200,000 miles of paid F last year." (in which case we may have learned that flying 200,000 miles of paid F is a good way to get the invite).

FocusGroupsMia, MikeTuson, the floor is yours...if you want it.
Old May 4, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Espen, I appreciate your attempt to generally outline a possible (and what seems to be a pretty logical) requirement for an invitation to CK. But, what I would really like to hear are some first hand insights into what people have actually done to get the invite.

All I'm sayin' is that I have no idea what the requirement are, but, from the looks of this thread there are at least 2 posters that may be able to tell us what they did to get in. They may say, "I'm the CEO (or VP) of a Fortune 500 company..." (although I doubt many F500 CEOs grace our presence here on FT--I may be wrong). Or they may say, "I flew 200,000 miles of paid F last year." (in which case we may have learned that flying 200,000 miles of paid F is a good way to get the invite).

If you have to ask, you aren't going to get it. I know several CK members at my firm and almost none fly commercial. The few times they do, they do receive calls if flights are late etc as others have mentioned here. It has nothing to do with miles flown but these people are key to driving revenue which is the most important to AMR.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or they may say, "I flew 200,000 miles of paid F last year." (in which case we may have learned that flying 200,000 miles of paid F is a good way to get the invite).

I highly doubt that the amount that the CK member flew, in F or any class, has anything to do with being selected for CK.

Instead, as AA53 indicates, members have to be in a position to drive revenue to AA by impacting others' travel decisions. Such people might actually travel very little themselves.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:27 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Who cares ? - really....
Old May 4, 2008, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Who cares ? - really....
Exactly. If I were asked to pay $100 for it, I probably wouldn't. I already get practically all the same benefits as an EXP, but without the snob factor. I completely agree with the OP's view.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd

Since, as per my original post, I'm not sure I'm actually invited, I don't know if I can accurately answer your question. Nevertheless, here's my skinny - I have a two-person consulting shop (as small-time as it gets), been EXP for 8-ish years, travel F about 25% of the time, spent about $25K with AA in '07. Therefore, if I truly am invited to CK, it puts a total kabash on the theory that this program targets big-time muckety-mucks
Old May 5, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Isn't there a CK desk at the AC in terminal D at DFW? Just ask them for an application.

And remember we are all special in our own little way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.