Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld Emerald / OWE Free drink(s) in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, SK *G, Hyatt GP Courtesy Card
oneworld Emerald / OWE Free drink(s) in Y?

Hi,

I was torn between posting this in AAnother AAirlines forum or BA forum, but decided that here would be the best.

I know for a fact that we OWE (explat or whatever the AA internal is) usually get a drink/some wine / etc even when travelling in economy.

However, this has seem to be up to the crew on my latest couple of trips.. Now I have another trip tomorrow, and would like to know if this is actually policy, to give explay / OWE people free wine even when in whY?

I know I shouldnt expect it, but its nice to know if its an official / unofficial policy, or if its up to the senior cabin crew.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ainline-y.html

Originally Posted by natkraft
Hi,

I was torn between posting this in AAnother AAirlines forum or BA forum, but decided that here would be the best.

I know for a fact that we OWE (explat or whatever the AA internal is) usually get a drink/some wine / etc even when travelling in economy.

However, this has seem to be up to the crew on my latest couple of trips.. Now I have another trip tomorrow, and would like to know if this is actually policy, to give explay / OWE people free wine even when in whY?

I know I shouldnt expect it, but its nice to know if its an official / unofficial policy, or if its up to the senior cabin crew.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but this states `THE PREMIUM CUSTOMER IN COACH INITIATIVE, WHICH BEGAN ON

SEPTEMBER 1, RECOGNIZES OUR HIGHEST TOP TIER CUSTOMERS WHO ARE

SEATED IN COACH.`.

I have a hard time understanding if this means oneworld emeralds or just EXP. That said, this seems to be in line with what I have normally received, except for my last trip where the FA didnt even understand what oneworld emerald was.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Thanks, but this states `THE PREMIUM CUSTOMER IN COACH INITIATIVE, WHICH BEGAN ON

SEPTEMBER 1, RECOGNIZES OUR HIGHEST TOP TIER CUSTOMERS WHO ARE

SEATED IN COACH.`.

I have a hard time understanding if this means oneworld emeralds or just EXP. That said, this seems to be in line with what I have normally received, except for my last trip where the FA didnt even understand what oneworld emerald was.
AA EXPS get free domestic upgrades. If this is not available, then they get free drinks coach. Since other OWE do not get free AA upgrades on domestic upgrades, I don't think the free drinks in coach should apply. In fact, the official policy says EXP and CK, not OWE.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mvoight
AA EXPS get free domestic upgrades. If this is not available, then they get free drinks coach.
Actually, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the policy is a free drink, not free "drinks" plural...

That is to say, I don't believe the policy is intended to mimic the essentially unlimited drinks (within reason) available to the EXP sitting in F.

Regards
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by scubadu
Actually, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the policy is a free drink, not free "drinks" plural...

That is to say, I don't believe the policy is intended to mimic the essentially unlimited drinks (within reason) available to the EXP sitting in F.

Regards
I personally experienced getting 2 beers in DFW-LGA flight last month. Can't say it's rule, but after finish the first one, the FA just asked, "do you need another one?" I said yah... but, it's just one occasion.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
The policy is AA Executive Platinums and Concierge Key members, one drink, on flights where this is possible. The policy is official but unpublished - FAs get to see it, but we don't. Some FAs may get confused in their memory and extend this to other Oneworld Emeralds. It doesn't hurt to ask if you get a free drink as a Oneworld Emerald.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the hints.. I asked nicely and showed my BAEC card to prove that I held the status, and was awarded one free wine (didnt want more, since I wanted to get some sleep).

Now if just the company would change domestic travel to not be in Y...

On another note, I cant figure out if AA blocked out the seat next to me, or if I was just lucky.. but there was like 2 middle seats unoccupied, and mine was one of it, plus I was greeted by one of the FAs before their service run.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I have been on a couple of American Eagle flights where OW Sapphire members were given free drinks. I knew this because I heard the FAs explain the policy to the members.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Thanks for the hints.. I asked nicely and showed my BAEC card to prove that I held the status, and was awarded one free wine (didnt want more, since I wanted to get some sleep).

Now if just the company would change domestic travel to not be in Y...

On another note, I cant figure out if AA blocked out the seat next to me, or if I was just lucky.. but there was like 2 middle seats unoccupied, and mine was one of it, plus I was greeted by one of the FAs before their service run.
When I flew on a 767 was given amazing Y seat (crew rest seats)

Short flight, MIA -> NYC so didn't ask for drink - just water

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.