Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:54 pm
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
Originally Posted by EdC
I've just had this for a BA Gold card valid until September. I've replied explaining that this is a top tier, OWE card and included a photo of the card (rather than the scan I sent first time round), and a photo of me holding the card... Will let you know how I get on.
Heard nothing from them after almost two weeks, so checked back (just before writing them another stroppy email!), and I've been matched to Alata Plus. Hopefully it makes it into Vietnam Airlines' system by Friday.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It still seems to be taking a long time... I matched my wife as well so we could get one more Alata for you code so we could give Alata to our kid as well and match that to Amigo 😇😄😄😄 in true FT fashion but 5 weeks later still nothing I figured by now they would be faster.

Oh well nothing lost, too bad the amigo match ends this month, not a chance in **** that the code will arrive by then.

I wonder how many new members they got from this match 😂
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Cannot Register as New User for MILLEMIGLIA program

Hi,

I am trying to Register as a New User and then do a MILLEMIGLIA STATUS MATCH.

I tried using different laptops, browers and emails for 2 hours but to no avail. The Error Message is ''THE FOLLOWING ERRORS OCCURRED: THE USER IS ALREADY REGISTERED''.

I also cleared my cookies, history etc and I find it strange as I just read about the Status Match today, so I don't know anything about MILLEMIGLIA program prior to today. So how can I be registered for this program???

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Happy
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
I tried using different laptops, browers and emails for 2 hours but to no avail. The Error Message is ''THE FOLLOWING ERRORS OCCURRED: THE USER IS ALREADY REGISTERED''.

I also cleared my cookies, history etc and I find it strange as I just read about the Status Match today, so I don't know anything about MILLEMIGLIA program prior to today. So how can I be registered for this program???
You spent 2 hours signing up multiple times.

Ring the Millemiglia helpdesk, give them the details that you provided, and they will supply you with your membership number and PIN.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Thanks for the reply. I just shoot them an email sending my Star Alliance GOLD status details and also asking them whether they can help me register.

I tried calling several countries Helpdesk but I think they are all closed as no one answer the phone.

Thanks for advice.
Happy

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You spent 2 hours signing up multiple times.

Ring the Millemiglia helpdesk, give them the details that you provided, and they will supply you with your membership number and PIN.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ CFP, O6 Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Just send again with a link to UNited.com

This promo has got to be the weirdest ever.

Got a response saying I don't qualify (I'm a UA 1K- so not sure why). Sent again requesting clarfication. Received 2 messages after 8-10 days- one saying I don't qualify (again!), one saying "in your Status Match request the Frequent Flyer original card is missing/not clear".

I'm beyond lost- the picture of my card is a clear as can be, the file size is ~200 kb, jpg and I'm a 1K.

No Customer Service to talk to, no e-mail address to write to. Read this whole thread and didn't see any new ideas.

I do see that other 1K's were successful in their match... any tips?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by erang
This promo has got to be the weirdest ever.

Got a response saying I don't qualify (I'm a UA 1K- so not sure why). Sent again requesting clarfication. Received 2 messages after 8-10 days- one saying I don't qualify (again!), one saying "in your Status Match request the Frequent Flyer original card is missing/not clear".

I'm beyond lost- the picture of my card is a clear as can be, the file size is ~200 kb, jpg and I'm a 1K.

No Customer Service to talk to, no e-mail address to write to. Read this whole thread and didn't see any new ideas.

I do see that other 1K's were successful in their match... any tips?
Not sure what else to say other then try again. They should eventually get it. Perhaps detailing that ua 1k requires xxx miles flown, includes star gold status etc etc...

Its frustrating but should be eventually matched
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by minjunkwak
What the hell am I doing wrong...? I keep getting the
"the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative." e-mail back... I sent in jpg files (less than 1MB) of my AA EXP and LAN Comodoro (OWE) card and both have sent me back e-mails declining...

Has anyone else had experience with this..? What do I do??
Having the same problem. I guess I will trying sending in more formats and links back to the statuses

Anyone have any tips?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:03 pm

Any luck with A3 Aegean Gold ?
i just emailed them for a trip in 10 days

fingers crossed !
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:20 pm
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
First time round I sent a scan of the card, so completely legible - no dice.

Second time around I sent a photo of the card on my desk, and a photo of me holding the card (I replied to their rejection email, CCing the original status match email address)

I think perhaps the scan might have looked a bit *too* neat.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Sent a screenshot of my Copa Gold (*A Gold) since AA currently isn't sending out Elite cards. Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Any luck with A3 Aegean Gold ?
i just emailed them for a trip in 10 days

fingers crossed !
I included a very clear photo but got this,
now I do not know if they did not like what I sent or could not open the file ???

in your Status Match request the Frequent Flyer original card is missing/not clear.

Please try again providing all the information needed and verifying that the file attached is in .pdf or .jpg format and that it does not exceed 1MB size.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
Email sent with scan of the BA gold card, got matched to Freccia Alata plus after 10 days and received the card in 3 weeks.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Protocol7
Email sent with scan of the BA gold card, got matched to Freccia Alata plus after 10 days and received the card in 3 weeks.
I sent an email 3 weeks ago, and another one a week ago.. No reply. Has anyone tried to speed up the process any other way? The promotion is closing soon.. Using AY+ Platinum (OWE).
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Unsub
I sent an email 3 weeks ago, and another one a week ago.. No reply. Has anyone tried to speed up the process any other way? The promotion is closing soon.. Using AY+ Platinum (OWE).
you sure you sending to correct email address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.