Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:28 pm

It means that AF will identify you as SkyTeam Elite Plus, so equivalent status to FB Gold as far as alliance-wide perks go, but without carrier (i.e. AF) specific ones.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold;Hilton S; Accor S; IHG G;BW Diamond ;HA Platinum;Delta GM;OW rubby;TK G
Originally Posted by klausa
It means that AF will identify you as SkyTeam Elite Plus, so equivalent status to FB Gold as far as alliance-wide perks go, but without carrier (i.e. AF) specific ones.
Thank you Klausa for your answer. Thus if I understood well I am well recognized on system AF as being elite plus but on my profile FB keep the status silver ?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lougomi
Thank you Klausa for your answer. Thus if I understood well I am well recognized on system AF as being elite plus but on my profile FB keep the status silver ?
That depends on you.

Whichever status you show them is the one that determines how they treat you.

Show them Flying Blue silver, and they treat you as a Flying Blue silver.
Show them Freccia Alata, and they treat you as Skyteam Elite Plus.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by shayele
I am going crazy. I have scanned in my ba silver card, I have copied it from screenshot, I have sent in as jpg and as pdf. All less than 1mb but still I get these template emails back that its illegible unclear!!
I am at my wits end I have replied over 20x to them!!!
When I matched the MRS I sent them a few different version in the same email some very small sized as well... Eventually it worked though I did not get to 20x emails like you

Persistence and patience is the name of the game I suppose
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
So my TK Elite + card got matched to... Ulisse. Silver for platinum? I'll e-mail them for some more explanation.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
worked all without any problems and pretty fast. was matched (from BA Silver) in about a week and got the physical card in about two weeks after sending the request ^
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
I sent in my LANPASS Comodoro (OW Emerald) elite card requesting a status match and they replied that this frequent flyer card does not meet the requirements of the status match...... I'm pretty sure it does unless they have specific airlines they only match to? Has anyone else been declined with another elite frequent flyer card??

I am going to try again to match with my American Airlines EXP elite card.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:41 pm

I can't edit the wiki since I'm more a lurker than poster, but I was matched from Etihad Gold to Freccia Alata. It took 8 days.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by dtokuda
I can't edit the wiki since I'm more a lurker than poster, but I was matched from Etihad Gold to Freccia Alata. It took 8 days.
Wiki smoothly updated for you - thanks for the feedback.

G
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by minjunkwak
I sent in my LANPASS Comodoro (OW Emerald) elite card requesting a status match and they replied that this frequent flyer card does not meet the requirements of the status match...... I'm pretty sure it does unless they have specific airlines they only match to? Has anyone else been declined with another elite frequent flyer card??

I am going to try again to match with my American Airlines EXP elite card.
My father just got declined a match with AA EXP - will tell him to try again.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by shayele
I am going crazy. I have scanned in my ba silver card, I have copied it from screenshot, I have sent in as jpg and as pdf. All less than 1mb but still I get these template emails back that its illegible unclear!!
I am at my wits end I have replied over 20x to them!!!
I had that as well. I sent them a scan of my card back and front in jpg and pdf under the limit but still not clear then I took some photos of it on my iPhone and transferred to my computer and it was accepted so maybe try that.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
MilleMiglia Status Match? (Merged threads)

I was matched in August and Injave flown with them on a return ticket in october, but I am still waiting for the physical card....address in Iran.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Card finally arrived

Card arrived in mail (to Israel), about one month following the welcome mail.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: EY Platinum, UA PremiereG, Hilton Diamond, Aclub Gold, Hertz PCs
SYD to PVG --- My status was matched in Sptember, i had no phisical card with me but only the print.SYD MU staff told me they could not see the status on the system. On my way back in PVG no issues.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Greetings to you from Iran dand99!! Hopefully one day - when politicians will have their sick brains fixed- we'll visit eachother's countries on a direct flight like it used to be before 1979!

To get back to the card, it seems that my wait has been particularly long. Someone mentioned calling millemiglia in the Netherlands? Do I ask for a replacement card there mentioning a loss??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.