Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
When I sent in my current FFP Star Alliance Gold status for the Status Match, my card clearly shows that my expiry is End 2016 as I had already renewed my Star Alliance Gold for 2016.
Just send another email to them highlighting the fact that your card expires end of 2016. Hopefully they will fix it
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Unsub
"In addition, you will gain Elite Member status if you fly with SkyTeam Partner airlines."

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case couple of weeks ago. It had ST Elite+ for both Alata Club and Alata Plus Club. I'm I right? Multiple 3rd party webpages say the same, for example: http://www.loungebuddy.com/skyteam-ultimate-guide/
This was always the case.

Anyone who has a membership that maps to either Skyteam Elite or Skyteam Elite Plus is considered as having "elite status".
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:50 am

In the wiki it says welcome packs are usually sent after 5-10 days, it's been about 6 weeks for me. If I requested a lost card, would it only send the card? I'm not that anxious for the card itself, was just hoping to gift Freccia Alata status to someone before an Alitalia flight.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by dtokuda
In the wiki it says welcome packs are usually sent after 5-10 days, it's been about 6 weeks for me. If I requested a lost card, would it only send the card? I'm not that anxious for the card itself, was just hoping to gift Freccia Alata status to someone before an Alitalia flight.
According to your profile you are Freccia Alata if that is correct then you wont get a free Alata to passnon. That is only for Freccia Alata Plus members...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
According to your profile you are Freccia Alata if that is correct then you wont get a free Alata to passnon. That is only for Freccia Alata Plus members...
You're totally right, I don't know why I read that as a Freccia Alata benefit. Well, problem solved either way. Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Got my 3rd or 4th rejecion back.

Sent an image showing my Etihad Gold and Avianca Brazil Diamond status. Also provided links to the statuses. Different response this time...

"the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative"

Anyone? Might just send the Etihad card next.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Sent email request on 5 December providing photo of my TK*G card.
My MilleMiglia online profile shows Freccia Alata Club today, 12 December.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
BA Silver holder. Sent a picture of my digital card and also a picture of the physical card in one e-mail.

E-mail sent 6 December. Logged onto my account this morning (12 December) to see I am now Freccia Alata card holder.

Now to work out how I can get *A status.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Sent an email containing picture of my physical card and a PDF statement covering the last year of flights, on 3 December. My account stated that I am Freccia Alata card holder on 10 December.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Sent e-mail with photo of my BA Gold card on Dec.6. Status matched on Dec.12. Quite impressed with how quickly it was done.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ CFP, O6 Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bgriz18
Got my 3rd or 4th rejecion back.

Sent an image showing my Etihad Gold and Avianca Brazil Diamond status. Also provided links to the statuses. Different response this time...

"the Frequent Flyer card provided does not meet the requirements of the Status Match initiative"

Anyone? Might just send the Etihad card next.
I have no other advice other than send it again- different scan, picture of you holding the card...

I got at least 8 rejections (2 versions: doesn't meet requirements, scan not clear) before I was matched.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by erang
I have no other advice other than send it again- different scan, picture of you holding the card...

I got at least 8 rejections (2 versions: doesn't meet requirements, scan not clear) before I was matched.
Did you also try to match using Avianca Amigo Diamond?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Minor question - I just stumbled across this last week and submitted my information, along with a JPG image of the card. Should I follow up with an email with a PDF scan, or is JPG good enough?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by DC Mike
Minor question - I just stumbled across this last week and submitted my information, along with a JPG image of the card. Should I follow up with an email with a PDF scan, or is JPG good enough?
JPG is perfect as long as the file size is less than 1MB. However if you want to send a extra email just in case it won't get you into trouble.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:29 am

Applied for match with my Aegean Gold, valid untill Jan 2016. Also added a screenshot of my extended validity to November 2016. Let's see if they recognize it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.