Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So everyone will know their flight will suffer a delay before the agents announce same.
Hey now, it's an Ouija board exhibit, not an FlightAware/FlightStats exhibit!

Neil
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by missamo80
Hey now, it's an Ouija board exhibit, not an FlightAware/FlightStats exhibit!

Neil
Ah, so I'll be able to talk to my cancelled flight?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ah, so I'll be able to talk to my cancelled flight?
Probably. When you do, ask it how the ability to use the companion pass on first class fares is doing. Tell them I miss them.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:25 pm

PSP Flight 385 arrives INTL A2 but leaves from T2 50A

There were ATC/Runway work delays in SFO today - but flight 385 PSP-SFO-SEA ended up being an aircraft swap with a terminal change. While that might not be a big deal for Elites with Precheck, this seems like a bit much for regular folks. I have having flashbacks to when United used the Old CO gates for connections - on the opposite side of the whole airport (at least they tired to operate a post-security shuttle, but it was still a mess with lots of running pax). I hope Alaska really thinks about how they use SFO until all ops are under one terminal. Until then, SFO connections (and 1-stops) beware
Attached Images  

Last edited by SeaSfoWeekly; Apr 29, 2017 at 8:46 pm Reason: So used to saying "WX" delays in SFO
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Kieron
Indeed; the PVR-SFO-SEA flight I had in mind was AS223 (previously four or five days a week to SEA, other days to PDX), but it seems it's recently switched to PDX only while I wasn't looking. Its southbound counterpart AS222 still runs SEA-SFO-PVR and looks to have gone through the international terminal today.
AS222 arrived and departed through International yesterday and today (4/28 & 4/29) as well.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I left from T2 50B today and can attest to full Pre, not pre-lite. Although the Pre line was a lot longer than the regular lines this morning. And the ouiji board exhibit is très cool. Left on time, too, even with the runway closure,
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody based in SFO who is not Pre and Clear is missing out. Clear will take you to the front of the Pre line. Never takes me more than 5 minutes to get through security at SFO. Rats, letting my secret out, now I will have to wait 6 minutes to get through security Only down side is Clear doesn't open until 5:00 AM in T2. Not sure about INTL terminal, haven't taken a 6:00 AM flight out of there yet.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:24 pm

Preparing for my two year hiatus - Get it together AS. Not another flight for me in or out of SFO until you do.

Last edited by Valveman; May 2, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old May 1, 2017, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Finkface
I left from T2 50B today and can attest to full Pre, not pre-lite. Although the Pre line was a lot longer than the regular lines this morning. And the ouiji board exhibit is très cool. Left on time, too, even with the runway closure,
Go buy a lottery ticket!
Old May 2, 2017, 7:51 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Finkface
I was flying AA out of T2 yesterday (well check-in in T2) and I can attest the Pre lines were a zoo. I walked landside over to T1 and went through Pre there - especially since I was flying legacy-USAir to Charlotte.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by stc
I was flying AA out of T2 yesterday (well check-in in T2) and I can attest the Pre lines were a zoo. I walked landside over to T1 and went through Pre there - especially since I was flying legacy-USAir to Charlotte.
They were using the Pre line to train people on how to operate the xray when I was going through last Tuesday; the regular lines were moving faster.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: asMVPG
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
They were using the Pre line to train people on how to operate the xray when I was going through last Tuesday; the regular lines were moving faster.
Just catching up on this thread. I'm going to miss the CX lounge! I wonder how the priority lane for normal security compares to pre when the precheck line is a junk show?
Old May 5, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC all AAdmirals clubs Alaska Lounge members can access.
So says beck-o-yoda

Thank you master.

(Alaska Lounge membership I have not. PP have I.)

-David
Old May 9, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
My wife got caught by this change last night. Going PSP-SFO-PDX they arrived at T2. She wasn't sure where she was supposed to go since it wasn't obvious to her where the A gate she was leaving from was. She worked it out and hustled over there and since she had Pre she got to the departure gate just as boarding was starting. Unfortunately her bags didn't manage the terminal switch as well as she did so they didn't arrive at PDX with her. She was less than amused by the entire deal, particularly the extra wait to sort the bag delivery issue out (she has a very early work start and just wanted to get to bed). Seems to me that if AS is going to operate real connections across terminals there for a while they should think about an airside bus shuttle and better signage and announcements. My wife is a savvy, experienced traveler(she's MVP) - just not all that familiar with SFO.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pdx1M
My wife got caught by this change last night. Going PSP-SFO-PDX they arrived at T2. She wasn't sure where she was supposed to go since it wasn't obvious to her where the A gate she was leaving from was. She worked it out and hustled over there and since she had Pre she got to the departure gate just as boarding was starting. Unfortunately her bags didn't manage the terminal switch as well as she did so they didn't arrive at PDX with her. She was less than amused by the entire deal, particularly the extra wait to sort the bag delivery issue out (she has a very early work start and just wanted to get to bed). Seems to me that if AS is going to operate real connections across terminals there for a while they should think about an airside bus shuttle and better signage and announcements. My wife is a savvy, experienced traveler(she's MVP) - just not all that familiar with SFO.
Speaking of PSP, I got hit with a schedule change for my PDX-PSP flight in December....it looks like without the PDX/SEA-SFO-PSP flights, the last flight from either PDX or SEA to PSP is at 2:20pm....kinda hard to believe there wouldn't be an evening flight during peak PSP travel season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.