Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Kieron
I'll be curious to see what happens with the PVR-SFO-SEA flight. Arrive at Int'l A and then tow over to T2?
Looking at the currently-published timetable, the only PVR-SEA flight with a stop on the schedule is AS243, which stops in SNA, not SFO.

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Or maybe break up the flight and swap AS 737 service for VX A320 service, like with PSP-SFO-SEA
I hadn't noticed that this had happened, though it appears to be the case. (I'm gonna miss that 10:00PM SFO departure. I've taken it several times and it totally saved my butt once, trying to get to LAS on a pre-merger VX reservation that VX totally screwed up. AS had the last flight out and it was in vaguely the right direction.)

It's possible that Alaska has been working towards this for a little while and has already removed all of the flights that have a stop in SFO and originate/terminate at SEA, to avoid confusion and operational headaches.

This might *GHASP* indicate that they're thinking these integration moves through and moving slowly and deliberately. Nah, that doesn't sound like an airline merger to me.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CalanMan
It's possible that Alaska has been working towards this for a little while and has already removed all of the flights that have a stop in SFO and originate/terminate at SEA, to avoid confusion and operational headaches.
Indeed; the PVR-SFO-SEA flight I had in mind was AS223 (previously four or five days a week to SEA, other days to PDX), but it seems it's recently switched to PDX only while I wasn't looking. Its southbound counterpart AS222 still runs SEA-SFO-PVR and looks to have gone through the international terminal today.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Indeed; the PVR-SFO-SEA flight I had in mind was AS223 (previously four or five days a week to SEA, other days to PDX), but it seems it's recently switched to PDX only while I wasn't looking. Its southbound counterpart AS222 still runs SEA-SFO-PVR and looks to have gone through the international terminal today.
I suppose they've only said that flights to SEA are moving, not guaranteeing you'll step off the plane in T2 if you're flying from Seattle. Seems odd to actually move 223 to PDX daily solely for this purpose, unless that's what made sense for route planning anyway. Probably shouldn't be giving anyone too much credit for this being part of a master plan, but you never know.

Still, I'd be annoyed if I was on an itinerary SEA-SFO-Elsewhere connecting from AS to VX and expected the super-pleasant connection that Eastbay1K described, and realized that I instead have a pretty lame connection that might now be squeezed for time, because I happened to be on the one flight that continued on to PVR.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by missamo80
Depends on the flights you take. I've never been denied.

Neil
Let me qualify that, in the the noon to 3pm window for the AF and KL flights from SFO to CDG and AMS I have seen them turn away priority pass.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Regardless of what's going to happen with the SFO-PSP flights in the future, for the today's schedule, AS 337 is still PSP-SEA with a stop at SFO. And today it's both arriving and departing from T2.

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with operational confusion and orientation around the move.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with operational confusion and orientation around the move.
Probably just weather. Ground delays are posted for SFO-bound traffic right now due to low ceilings.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Probably just weather. Ground delays are posted for SFO-bound traffic right now due to low ceilings.
Heh, I guess it doesn't matter which terminal they use. It's still San Francisco.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:28 pm

Regardless of what's going to happen with the SFO-PSP flights in the future, for the today's schedule, AS 337 is still PSP-SEA with a stop at SFO. And today it's both arriving and departing from T2.

SFO has delays due to low ceilings on a very large number of days...sometimes almost seems like the majority.

I hope AS is emailing all the passengers and putting in a message during OLCI informing pax about the move to T2!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I thought International A only had PreCheck Lite. I've only flown on non-Precheck eligible airlines (JL) from that terminal and seen others with the PreCheck Lite style cards standing in the same slow moving lines pre and post ID checker as everyone else.
I can attest that it's been full PreCheck for at least two years now...I would also add that the lines I see in PreCheck in T2 when I land in the mornings are a lot longer than the ones I see from International A...

BTW, I felt a little lost today when my flight from PDX arrived in T2...this of course happens on the day I decided to try out the Wendy's in International A before heading to my meeting as I had very little time to grab lunch
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So is AA the only lounge option in T2? That doesn't work for many of us with PP cards that formerly used the AS lounge in T1 (and there is also PP lounge in the international terminal)

On the plus side the T2 concessions are decent. And it sounds like we will still use the Int terminal for our SJD flights. ^

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Not fun reclearing security into the International Terminal from a T2 arrival. On the plus side, T2 departures will have full PreCheck! ^

Originally Posted by halamadrid
I can attest that it's been full PreCheck for at least two years now...I would also add that the lines I see in PreCheck in T2 when I land in the mornings are a lot longer than the ones I see from International A...
Correct on all counts. And there is Clear too for those of us who despise the precheck lines...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The only Priority Pass lounge at SFO is the Air France lounge in the International Terminal. I'm slumming it in the normal waiting area outside gate 50A right now

Photos of the check-in area and gate: http://imgur.com/a/04Gts

Neil
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo
So is AA the only lounge option in T2? That doesn't work for many of us with PP cards that formerly used the AS lounge in T1
Well, there's an airside connector to T1 Boarding Area C now, thanks to the new tower, and there is an awesome SkyClub there, but that won't help you much as a Priority Pass holder.

Honestly, as much as I am glad to have access to the AA lounge at SFO, and use it pretty frequently, T2 is the one of the very few airport terminals in the country where I don't immediately book it to the nearest/best lounge I have access to. I love the food and the space is very comfortable. It's big, without being cacophonous, the SFO Museum exhibit area is always interesting and rotated frequently, and I'm a sucker for that Pinkberry.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

SFO Museum exhibit right now is Ouija boards. Super cool!

Neil
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

One upside (downside?) of boarding from T2 is the Virgin American comedy show by the gate agents.

Neil
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by missamo80
SFO Museum exhibit right now is Ouija boards. Super cool!

Neil
So everyone will know their flight will suffer a delay before the agents announce same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.