Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
MVPG now. I will hit MVPG 75k May 3rd. That is all personal travel; I don't fly for work at all.

Last edited by ENycSea; Apr 22, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
MVP on 4/27 for the first time! Unfortunately my travel is drying up quicker than I expected with only 2 trips for next month so MVPG is a toss up.

Called to split an existing rez after my status changed online, and the wonderful agent not only did that but also went ahead and removed/re-entered my FF# without asking, and when it didn't take (didn't expect it to yet), said to check every couple of days and then call back in.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:41 am

Passed 20k miles last night on PDX-LAX (28 segments). Will be neck and neck probably on getting gold on miles or segments. Hopefully early fall and will otherwise fly a lot of southwest flights on points.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Passed 20k miles last night on PDX-LAX (28 segments). Will be neck and neck probably on getting gold on miles or segments. Hopefully early fall and will otherwise fly a lot of southwest flights on points.
If you're doing PDX-LAX, make sure it's PDX-SEA-LAX and that will move things forward a bit faster. The non-stop is NOT your friend when it comes to EQMs
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you're doing PDX-LAX, make sure it's PDX-SEA-LAX and that will move things forward a bit faster. The non-stop is NOT your friend when it comes to EQMs
Yeah I did one OAK-SEA-PDX and I'd love to do that more but most of my flights are weekday early or late when I don't really want to make time for the connection. I'll keep looking for opportunities though
Old May 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
New MVP

Hit my first status on any airline. Hit it the hard way on segments, which were almost entirely QX, and almost entirely without service due to "rough" rides.

I'm waaay more excited than I should be to now be an MVP.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Passed MVP with partners middle of April and will be past MVPG with partners after June 20th trip to East Coast. Should have my 90K done sometime in November

Originally Posted by formerstarQB16
No you are the right amount of excited. Good job ^
Old May 3, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Hit my first status on any airline. Hit it the hard way on segments, which were almost entirely QX, and almost entirely without service due to "rough" rides.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Indeed! Wait until you get that welcome email or call Alaska and the rep thanks you for being an MVP.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Flying home from LHR in a few hours. Finishing this trip should push me over the edge to MVPG75k via the 90k partner miles avenue. I really need to stop flying so much.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k

Originally Posted by Madone59
MVP is probably one of the best low-tier FF status out of all US airlines. I cleared nearly every upgrade last year including tcons and Hawaii and took advantage of the 10pm SDC benefit almost too frequently.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Crossing 50K AS+partners on AA ORD-SEA right now, earliest I've hit Gold in my seven years with AS.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP

Congrats!

Is it just me or has the number of "no service--rough air" flights gone up drastically in the last 5 years or so. I remember the Q200 days when you'd get multiple drinks rounds and full size bags of chips, now it always seems like its either "reduced service" or nothing at all.
Old May 8, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
at almost 50% of the way through the year I am having a difficult time seeing my path back to MVPG, as I am sitting at only 13K AS and 15K AS+partner. as of now i have booked:

SMF-PDX round trip
SFO-SLC round trip
LAX-BWI-SEA-SMF open jaw
MSP-SEA-SMF one way

plus a couple of additional speculative tickets to JNU and MSP. i need to yet book an international trip to Europe, but even with that I am only going to be sitting around 35K AS+partner miles. i have a round trip in G class on DL that I could credit to AS, as i am $394 and 8800 miles from Silver on DL, with no reasonable path to Gold. it is hard to foresee INTL work travel beyond August, but there may be another trip to EU in the fall that would be sufficient to get me over the hump. however it is looking dire at least as of now.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: AS 75K
Hit MVP on May 1st. Probably won't make Gold until the end of the year, but I'll get there.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Took a week to post, but finally.

YTD Alaska/partner* qualifying miles Flown: 51,911 miles. 4 GGUs just hit the account!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.