Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS will be using Sun Liquor (local to SEA) as their booze supplier; no more Glenlivet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AS Flyer
Changes are afoot at AS and its beverages:

Upgrades:
  • Sun Liquor Vodka
  • Sun Liquor Gin
  • Sun Liquor Rum
  • Hazlenut Infused Espresso Vodka

Downgrades:
  • Dewar's

Safe For Now:
  • Balieys
Print Wikipost

AS will be using Sun Liquor (local to SEA) as their booze supplier; no more Glenlivet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/20...ing-on-e-pike/

CHS has learned that a new contract for the two-year-old distillery to produce “minis” of its vodka, gin and rum for Alaska Airlines has Sun hopping across E Pike to create a new bottling facility across the street next to Kaladi Brothers Coffee and Gay City.
It's all good as long as they don't get rid of Glenlivet...
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Wink

Fly local, drink local!!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How is it? Nice to see a local distillery, although Permafrost should be the Vodka ^
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Put one of the vodkas in a Diet Vanilla, if you want to keep it local, onboard.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:19 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's all good as long as they don't get rid of Glenlivet...
This is great news. I don't normally drink clear liquors on AS, but am interested in trying them. We'll see if AS will find craft distilleries in its service area who can make a good tequila or Canadian whisky.

Can these new liquors be served in the Board Rooms and sold at Costco as well?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k
If a tequila isn't made in Jalisco of 100% agave, it's not tequila, merely flavored vodka (e.g. Jose Cuervo).
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
We'll see if AS will find craft distilleries in its service area who can make a good tequila or Canadian whisky.
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
If a tequila isn't made in Jalisco of 100% agave, it's not tequila, merely flavored vodka (e.g. Jose Cuervo).
AS flies to GDL and PVR.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k
That's true.

Though it doesn't really jive with the "local craft distillery" mentality.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by JPat
Fly local, drink local!!

This goes for beer and wine as well. Nine breweries along in Ballard, why can't AS put some of their selections on board their SEA origin flights?

The Alaska Summer Ale was a very nice choice this last few months but my flight to LIH today only had the Kona Longboard which is owned by one of those giant liquor concerns that I really don't wish to support.....
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Alaska Summer Ale was a very nice choice this last few months but my flight to LIH today only had the Kona Longboard which is owned by one of those giant liquor concerns that I really don't wish to support.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kona_Brewing_Company

http://konabrewingco.com/

http://craftbrew.com/about/

Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kona_Brewing_Company

http://konabrewingco.com/

http://craftbrew.com/about/

LoL I was googling the same links. Still wish AS had a proper keg onboard
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:13 pm

This goes for beer and wine as well. Nine breweries along in Ballard, why can't AS put some of their selections on board their SEA origin flights?

Alaska has Alaska Summer Ale on the majority of flights. Locally produced in the islands, by an island based company, Kona Longboard on Hawaii flights and Corona on Mexico flights. All that and it's not good enough?

It's not as easy as you would suggest to just pick a local craft brewery and add their product. Most small craft breweries would struggle to provide the product required to provision Alaska's flights in addition to what they already produce.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Corona: aka "Mexican Budweiser". I'm a Negra Modelo guy myself.

Alaskan Amber/Summer Ale or Kona Longboard: ^
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:35 am

It turns out I'm not a fan of Summer after all. Nice to mix it up though- hope we see an appearance of Alaskan White sometime...
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:25 pm

Corona: aka "Mexican Budweiser". I'm a Negra Modelo guy myself.

Alaskan Amber/Summer Ale or Kona Longboard: ^
Yeah, I'm not a Corona fan either but I think they are trying to appeal to the masses and a large number of people that travel to Mexico love Corona.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.