Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Has anyone ever had any luck convincing them to extend a match done in the middle of the year into the next year? Matched to Gold in June from Delta, and have been averaging around 5000 miles per month, normally more than enough to achieve Gold... but due to only having 7 months of travel, may come in a bit short and end up as MVP next year.
Other options if AS doesn't extend the match:
Check you reservations for the rest of the year and see if there are decent upfare opportunities. I've seen P pricing at about $100 over my coach fare per leg sometimes, which is 75% more miles for the same flying.

And of course, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...lp-needed.html
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I am currently Gold (Lifetime Gold) with American and am thinking about applying for a status match with AS. What I am really interested in is the possibility of seat upgrades with AS, rather than any of the other perks that I already get from American. I also want the miles credited to my AAdvantage account. My question is would I prejudice my chances of a possible seat upgrade by not giving any FF number (AS or AA) at the time tickets are purchased? (I would apply for retroactive AA credit after my flight.)
Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
I am currently Gold (Lifetime Gold) with American and am thinking about applying for a status match with AS. What I am really interested in is the possibility of seat upgrades with AS, rather than any of the other perks that I already get from American. I also want the miles credited to my AAdvantage account. My question is would I prejudice my chances of a possible seat upgrade by not giving any FF number (AS or AA) at the time tickets are purchased? (I would apply for retroactive AA credit after my flight.)
You would kill any chance for an upgrade (other than paid). Your FF# in the reservation is the way AS (or any other airline) identifies you as being eligible for upgrades or other elite perks.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Orlando Vic
Exactly what flymonthly said, and even if you use an AS elite number to get a seat upgrade and then remove your number right before the flight, the system will take away your upgrade. Its like AA with complimentary upgrades, you need to have your AA number in your reservation in order to secure that X upgrade seat.

I personally find what you are trying to pull off as a bit disappointing. The whole point of complimentary upgrades is to reward flyers for their loyalty. It isnt meant to give someone an upgrade for being an AS elite who in turn has always planned to credit flight back to a different airline. The very least you could do for getting a a free upgrade is to credit the flight to AS. And hey if no seat upgrade goes through, then by all means, add some miles to your AA account. It most likely won't be much though given the new mileage earning rates unless you bought a higher fare ticket.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks to both of you. That's what I suspected.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
How many days does it get for the status match request to process? Also, do you get 4 SWUs once you are matched to 75K? I just submitted mine.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho
How many days does it get for the status match request to process? Also, do you get 4 SWUs once you are matched to 75K? I just submitted mine.
As early as two days but around 10 days on average. The majority of match requests submitted after October 1st have probably been processed so there may not be a backlog anymore. Keep checking your online account nightly and once you see the updated status, you'll see the upgrade codes on the webpage on the left. An email confirming your status will arrive a few days later. This is so that enough time is allowed for all the systems to update and reflect your new status. Once you get the email, its safe to say that you can enjoy all published benefits with no issue.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
As early as two days but around 10 days on average. The majority of match requests submitted after October 1st have probably been processed so there may not be a backlog anymore. Keep checking your online account nightly and once you see the updated status, you'll see the upgrade codes on the webpage on the left. An email confirming your status will arrive a few days later. This is so that enough time is allowed for all the systems to update and reflect your new status. Once you get the email, its safe to say that you can enjoy all published benefits with no issue.
Thanks! Do they communicate at all during this time period with you if they want a missing document or something?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:43 pm

Thanks! Do they communicate at all during this time period with you if they want a missing document or something?
Not usually. That's why after you email them, they immediately send an auto email saying that if you didn't include the right documents, you need to send another email. If it takes longer than two weeks which I highly doubt, then send another email with the attachments. I don't think you'll have any problems.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Not usually. That's why after you email them, they immediately send an auto email saying that if you didn't include the right documents, you need to send another email. If it takes longer than two weeks which I highly doubt, then send another email with the attachments. I don't think you'll have any problems.
Definitely looking forward to it. The way AA has been treating its frequent flyers lately (devaluation of the entire program) and now creating a fifth tier with concierge key, EP does not hold much value anymore.

Also, AS would allow optimizing credit card spending as most of my this year's spending went on Citi AA Exec card earning 1 AA mile per dollar spend on most purchases to get thos EQMs.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Definitely looking forward to it. The way AA has been treating its frequent flyers lately (devaluation of the entire program) and now creating a fifth tier with concierge key, EP does not hold much value anymore.

Also, AS would allow optimizing credit card spending as most of my this year's spending went on Citi AA Exec card earning 1 AA mile per dollar spend on most purchases to get thos EQMs.
The only way to get EQMs on AS is by flying. Credit card spend and other earning methods earn RDM but not EQM. The only way to earn EQM is with your BIS. AS Mileage Plan is not (yet!) revenue based so there is no minimum spend requirement for status. Is that what you meant by optimizing spend?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
The only way to get EQMs on AS is by flying. Credit card spend and other earning methods earn RDM but not EQM. The only way to earn EQM is with your BIS. AS Mileage Plan is not (yet!) revenue based so there is no minimum spend requirement for status. Is that what you meant by optimizing spend?
What I meant by optimizing CC spending is that instead of spending 80K on a credit card that earns 1 AA miles (equal to ~1.7 cents), I can now pretty easily get 1.75 MR/UR, equal to at least 2 cents each (with 2 cent redemption if you have Business Platinum). So, right there, I have 1.8 cent benefit or close to $1,400. Plus the advantage of these transferable points is I could use UR with Hyatt.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
What I meant by optimizing CC spending is that instead of spending 80K on a credit card that earns 1 AA miles (equal to ~1.7 cents), I can now pretty easily get 1.75 MR/UR, equal to at least 2 cents each (with 2 cent redemption if you have Business Platinum). So, right there, I have 1.8 cent benefit or close to $1,400. Plus the advantage of these transferable points is I could use UR with Hyatt.
Ah, in that case, then yes, you can put your spend wherever you like. But your original question had to do with whether AS would allow it.

.......Also, AS would allow optimizing credit card spending as most of my this year's spending went on Citi AA Exec card earning 1 AA mile per dollar spend on most purchases to get thos EQMs.
So sure, you can use whatever card gets you the best return but AS has nothing to do with it. They don't 'allow' anything or even really care, what card you use. I guess I'm still not sure what you mean by 'would they allow' you to optimize credit card spend.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Ah, in that case, then yes, you can put your spend wherever you like. But your original question had to do with whether AS would allow it.

So sure, you can use whatever card gets you the best return but AS has nothing to do with it. They don't 'allow' anything or even really care, what card you use. I guess I'm still not sure what you mean by 'would they allow' you to optimize credit card spend.
I get you question. What I meant "AS would allow", I meant switching to AS would help me optimize. Currently, I have to either spend 80K on AA credit cards or do a lot of mileage runs. With AS, because I can pretty easily do around 60K of flying and won't need to rely on credit card spending for EQMs, I can optimize my spending to get the best rewards.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:29 pm

I get you question. What I meant "AS would allow", I meant switching to AS would help me optimize. Currently, I have to either spend 80K on AA credit cards or do a lot of mileage runs. With AS, because I can pretty easily do around 60K of flying and won't need to rely on credit card spending for EQMs, I can optimize my spending to get the best rewards.
I get it now. It was my poor reading comprehension. Duh!
I thought you were asking if AS would allow it. But you were just saying it would allow you to optimize. Yes, totally makes sense to me now. And yes, you are absolutely right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.