Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ptownca
Working from memory, about a week or so. (It was back in February sometime.)
I applied for my status match from UA 1K to AS MVPG75K on 10/13/16. Was accepted 10/28/16. So for me 15 days.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Status match to MVP Gold approved in 10 calendar days

UA lifetime Gold - applied for a status match to AS on 12/20. Received confirmation email of match to MVP Gold on 12/30. Decent turnaround considering the holiday in between those dates.... also just in time for my AS flight booked for 1/1 Thanks AS!! looks like I'll be shifting most of my 2017 flights for SFO/SJC to SEA and PDX flight from UA to AS.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
AA EXP here. Applied for a status match on 12/20. Still have not heard back. I assume I would receive an email stating approved or not. Going to send in 2nd request tomorrow.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:29 am

Did anyone else get matched until 12/31/2018? Somehow I did... applied in Oct, went to 12/31/2017 for a few months then the past couple weeks I now have MVP Gold until 12/18. I also got 4 more MVP Gold upgrade certs.

Haven't flown any miles on AS yet, had a VX account with 500 miles in it with no other activity. Got the 10k miles.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:46 pm

I was granted MVP Gold status via a match but I noticed that when I made a reservation today that my booking only showed "MVP" and not "MVP Gold". I reconfirmed that my account overview does reflect "MVP Gold" status.

Under 'Passenger Information' in my booking it lists:
*Name.
*MP# Alaska XXXXXX - MVP (no 'Gold'?).
*E-Ticket.

Could have sworn a couple years ago when I was MVPG that all bookings reflected exact status rather than just "MVP".

If an existing MVPG member could take a look at one of their reservations and confirm for me it would be much appreciated. I may just have a bad memory.

Thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jhelssen
Under 'Passenger Information' in my booking it lists:
*Name.
*MP# Alaska XXXXXX - MVP (no 'Gold'?).
*E-Ticket.
Mine says Gold instead of MVP
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:39 pm

Thank you mroseman13. I'll quickly call and see if they can fix it; noticed the site was down for a bit earlier so maybe just a website issue.

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:35 pm

Wondering if AA Platinum Pro will get MVP Gold 75K status match ?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by houflier
I'm going to guess no.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I'm going to guess no.
DL and UA platinum (their 75k tiers) both get 75K, don't they? If so, I assume AA Platinum Pro would too.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pnosker
Did anyone else get matched until 12/31/2018? Somehow I did... applied in Oct, went to 12/31/2017 for a few months then the past couple weeks I now have MVP Gold until 12/18. I also got 4 more MVP Gold upgrade certs.
How do you know when your status expires? I can't find it on my account.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Sometime in the last 30 hours my account at Alaska has been updated to MVP Gold 75K. I requested a status match based on AA EXP back on December 22, so around 21-22 days to process with two holidays in there. Haven't received an e-mail yet confirming the change.

Right now I have two Alaska itineraries, one Virgin America itinerary, and two Delta itineraries, all booked in the last few weeks, so off to a good start (though I recognize the status with Virgin America doesn't offer much right now besides early boarding - I'm sure that will change down the road as they are the most convenient carrier, in my case, for mileage-earning transcons from SFO).

Thank you, Alaska Airlines.

Tom in Frankfurt, Germany today
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by lainys
UA lifetime Gold - applied for a status match to AS on 12/20. Received confirmation email of match to MVP Gold on 12/30. Decent turnaround considering the holiday in between those dates.... also just in time for my AS flight booked for 1/1 Thanks AS!! looks like I'll be shifting most of my 2017 flights for SFO/SJC to SEA and PDX flight from UA to AS.
I'm curious if you supplied your 2016 mileage details or just your gold card. I'm lifetime gold as well, but I didn't fly much in 2016. I want to start flying AS. I just booked my first trip of the year on United though because I didn't want a middle seat in the back on AS.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Probably and now you can buy AS 75K through status match for only $899 now that American is selling status for cheap.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by CDKing
Probably and now you can buy AS 75K through status match for only $899 now that American is selling status for cheap.
?? I thought those offers were made to people who flew around 75k EQM or more last year but technically don't qualify because the new Platinum Pro didn't exist then. I'd hardly call that "only $899." Or are you referring to something else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.