Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
What current match does AS offer from VX?

Sounds like I should consider trying this in October to lock in status for next year...
With AS acquiring VX, are they even matching?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
For the AS status match will they match DL Silver (FO) to Alaska MVP?

What is the usual comparison chart for DL to Alaska match?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
For the AS status match will they match DL Silver (FO) to Alaska MVP?

What is the usual comparison chart for DL to Alaska match?
Called them today asking them about my wanting to do a status match. They said the AS status will be the same as what I have with AA based on the mileage needed to achieve that level. AA Platinum is at the 50K mile level which is the equivalent of AS MVP Gold. DL Silver requires 25K miles, which equals the AS MVP level.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Called them today asking them about my wanting to do a status match. They said the AS status will be the same as what I have with AA based on the mileage needed to achieve that level. AA Platinum is at the 50K mile level which is the equivalent of AS MVP Gold. DL Silver requires 25K miles, which equals the AS MVP level.
Thanks, its best to wait until October 1st to call though as you will get it for the rest of this year, and all of 2017 correct?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Thanks, its best to wait until October 1st to call though as you will get it for the rest of this year, and all of 2017 correct?
Yes. They told me to wait until the First to send in the request and required documentation. The formal request is actually done via e-mail, which is what they told me.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, EveryDay; SPG; SWA RR; Marriott Rewards; UA Mileage Plus
Have been reading through the latest entries on this thread looking for info on the AMEX MR offer for Virgin Elevate 80K MR=50K Elevate + Gold. I have seen two opinions regarding Alaska MP Gold MVP status match to the Elevate Gold. One is that it won't be honored since the Elevate Gold is not miles flown based status, and the other that it will work. Haven't been able to find anyone that has actually tried/done it.
Called the Mileage Plan Customer Support this morning and asked that exact question, mentioning the AMEX offer, etc. The rep said she would need to check, and after a few minutes, came back and said they would only look at status not how it was earned. Also, a warning to wait until OCT to get status for next year.
Does anyone have a feeling (or has actually tried) to do this match? I'm a little wary when they need to go ask and won't let you talk to a supervisor, but she was quite reassuring that it would work.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
AA EXP = AS MVPG75K, regardless of YTD miles?

Hello fellow FTers,

just to confirm before I request my tier match:
Will my AA EXP status get me AS MVPG75K regardless of my YTD AA miles?
(The reason I'm asking is because I've only made 60k on AA so far, but will made another ~20k by the end of this year. I want to make sure that I don't get MVPG only, if I request the match now.)

Thanks,
pilluelo
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pilluelo
Hello fellow FTers,

just to confirm before I request my tier match:
Will my AA EXP status get me AS MVPG75K regardless of my YTD AA miles?
(The reason I'm asking is because I've only made 60k on AA so far, but will made another ~20k by the end of this year. I want to make sure that I don't get MVPG only, if I request the match now.)

Thanks,
pilluelo
Yes you most definitely will get 75K. They just want to make sure you aren't trying to match from a status that was also a match and never flown on. For example using a United temporary elite status under a challenge and then trying to match to Alaska wouldn't work. But you clearly show that you do fly on AA. Also another important thing is to make sure your address in the MP account is in a state or region where Alaska flies. They won't grant a match if you are located in Australia or the UK etc because you aren't located in their network.

And as always make sure you want to use this match for 2017 as it can only be done once.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
And as always make sure you want to use this match for 2017 as it can only be done once.
In a lifetime
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
In a lifetime
True story!! I have several friends that did the match for 2016 and now kicking themselves for doing it because they all want to start crediting to Alaska since the earn rates on AA are revenue based now. The irony is that normal status expires January 1st and 2017 is the year people want to credit to AS to get miles flown and elite bonus... well until AS goes revenue too but let's hope that doesnt happen.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:49 pm

Has anyone ever had any luck convincing them to extend a match done in the middle of the year into the next year? Matched to Gold in June from Delta, and have been averaging around 5000 miles per month, normally more than enough to achieve Gold... but due to only having 7 months of travel, may come in a bit short and end up as MVP next year.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Has anyone ever had any luck convincing them to extend a match done in the middle of the year into the next year? Matched to Gold in June from Delta, and have been averaging around 5000 miles per month, normally more than enough to achieve Gold... but due to only having 7 months of travel, may come in a bit short and end up as MVP next year.
Yes it has been done but only on a case by case basis for extenuating circumstances warranting an extension. But I think it may be much harder to pull off for Gold and 75k. My partner got an extension by emailing the same email designated for status matches and explained the situation requesting more time. In August 2015, applied for match from AA Gold to MVP. Racked up 16K on AS metal by December 2015. Only 4K short of requalifying so thats something to consider too. Emailed Alaska saying need more time as 5 months isnt enough time and would have waited until October to do it for the next year but had Alaska travel before October. Alaska replied saying theyll extend the match until the end of this year because we showed several future AS marketed bookings on AS metal. Alaska did say though that mileage earning would only count from January of this year for 2017 status as the mileage earned since August 2015 match wouldn't roll over and count for the 2016 totals.

I dont know if Alaska is more lenient with their lowest tier in making exceptions. I dont have any experience of trying to extend a Gold level or higher but it certainly is worth a try. I know it helps your case if you can show you've been flying on AS metal since getting the match and have future bookings linked to your account on AS metal. Its not going to help your case if youve been doing all your flying on Delta and American for example and crediting to Alaska. And Id put money on it that they won't budge if you show future bookings booked on other carriers like British Airways or Qantas just because you can credit those flights to Alaska.

I matched to 75k a few years ago and Ive had to requalify the hardest way by flying 90k miles on AS and partner airlines. Its been tough maintaining AS as well as AA, QF, and VA. Lots of flying. But I sure love Alaska.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HHonors Gold VIP, Marriott Rewards Gold
I matched to 75k a few years ago and Ive had to requalify the hardest way by flying 90k miles on AS and partner airlines. Its been tough maintaining AS as well as AA, QF, and VA. Lots of flying. But I sure love Alaska.
^^^
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Yes you most definitely will get 75K. They just want to make sure you aren't trying to match from a status that was also a match and never flown on. For example using a United temporary elite status under a challenge and then trying to match to Alaska wouldn't work. But you clearly show that you do fly on AA. Also another important thing is to make sure your address in the MP account is in a state or region where Alaska flies. They won't grant a match if you are located in Australia or the UK etc because you aren't located in their network.

Thank you wanderlust4list - I should meet all criteria then and will give it a shot! A good time for me to jump the AA ship...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by pilluelo
Thank you wanderlust4list - I should meet all criteria then and will give it a shot! A good time for me to jump the AA ship...
You won't be disappointed!! I don't want to brag about how much I love Alaska because I think you'll find out for yourself how amazing the customer service is alone. Alaska may not be the leader in hard product comfort but they are trying to make their first class better with more pitch and also a new Y+ product about to roll out. There's always gonna be haters and loyalists for their respective airline etc and to each their own but after I've been an elite on several carriers around the world, I personally feel most appreciated and rewarded by Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.