Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by kauppias
Only earned status triggers the 50k otherwise AS would be flooded with match requests
I got matched and I sent an email asking about it, they never responded. I guess that's their way of telling me to bug off.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:55 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by matkusopet
Hi all, a question (I couldn't find it elsewhere and thought this a good place to ask): I got the match to MVP75, but not the 50,000 miles. Does it take time to process or is it something I won't receive because it's a status match? Thanks!
It's noted on this page (3rd item from the bottom)

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...-benefits.aspx
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kauppias
Only earned status triggers the 50k otherwise AS would be flooded with match requests
Being granted 75K is more than generous as well.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Just qualified for DL's SEA-based promo (2x RT flights exWashington State for instant Silver Medallion) and used that to request a match with AS. (Could have waited longer to see if I would have gotten Gold via the DL promo, but that would have too deeply cut into my AS match time this calendar year.)

If all goes well, I should be able to re-qualify for status with both airlines for next year.
Success, and just ahead of a lot of travel.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:27 pm

i have delta gold medallion, can i get a status match with Alaska? and how long will the status last?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
i have delta gold medallion, can i get a status match with Alaska? and how long will the status last?
MVPG good through 12/31/15. If you wait till October it will be 12/31/16
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:29 pm

I am thinking about this status match since I am already requalified for EXP for the next year. I still have a bit of travel left in the coming months and looking at the list of partners, AS has very nice set of them in a various mix in alliances (though I wish I could credit my upcoming trip on BA to AS, I don't think status match will come through).

For those who have successfully matched your EXP status to MVP75, how long did it generally take and what do you usually do with your status for domestic upgrades on AA metals? Do you initially book with EXP numbers and at airport switch to AS number? How would this work with flights on US nowadays? I think US and AA recently obtained a single operating certificate so effectively, all US airways flights are now really AA, isn't it?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brahms77
I am thinking about this status match since I am already requalified for EXP for the next year. I still have a bit of travel left in the coming months and looking at the list of partners, AS has very nice set of them in a various mix in alliances (though I wish I could credit my upcoming trip on BA to AS, I don't think status match will come through).

For those who have successfully matched your EXP status to MVP75, how long did it generally take and what do you usually do with your status for domestic upgrades on AA metals? Do you initially book with EXP numbers and at airport switch to AS number? How would this work with flights on US nowadays? I think US and AA recently obtained a single operating certificate so effectively, all US airways flights are now really AA, isn't it?
Took me around a week and a half for the status match last year.

You can't switch your FF #s if your comp. upgrades clear, unless you don't mind giving up your upgrade. No one knows how things will go with US-codeshare or US-operated flights, but I'm sure AS will announce something soon... (hopefully).

If you plan on using a SWU, you should be fine with changing the FF #s.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Forgive me for not scrolling through almost 400 posts to find the answer (I am guessing it has been asked MANY times before) to my question.

Do you need to be a current member and have a AS Mileage Plan account # to request a status match or do they issue you a member # if status match is granted?

Edit: I asked on AS's twitter page and the answer was that they would assign you a number if you didn't already have one and were granted the status match.
Thanks~

Update- 4 days later, matched to MVP Gold 75K

Last edited by DebitNM; May 6, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Old May 2, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Matched to MVP Gold 75k

Just got matched to MVP Gold 75k (from UA Platinum). Took about a week.

Given my travel patterns, I'm not sure that I switch over, but I will enjoy the perqs on upcoming trips to Alaska and Mexico.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by gregas
Just got matched to MVP Gold 75k (from UA Platinum). Took about a week.

Given my travel patterns, I'm not sure that I switch over, but I will enjoy the perqs on upcoming trips to Alaska and Mexico.
Just remember this is a 'once in a lifetime' match you burned.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I would completely agree that, based on the information given, may have been a waste of a match.

In the interest of full disclosure though, I will admit (without too much detail) that I am the recipient of the mythical 2nd status match in a lifetime, and I plan on keeping with it this time around.

I'm also in the market for a unicorn, if anyone has one for sale... slightly used is ok
Old May 3, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
As counter balance, I hadn't flown AS in decades, matched over in December and will hit MVPG re qualification this summer. It would not have happened without the match.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Here's one I've been wondering about. Current MVPG right now, but due to work commitments and being based out of a location with only Star Alliance carriers for a year, I'm not even going to requalify for MVP this year. I have however made UA Gold and possibly will even make Plat. Will AS status match me back for 2016 when I return to Seattle, or do you think their attitude will be "well you made it before so you can do it again without our help"?

Last edited by Sounder; May 17, 2015 at 12:04 am
Old May 19, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Sounder
Here's one I've been wondering about. Current MVPG right now, but due to work commitments and being based out of a location with only Star Alliance carriers for a year, I'm not even going to requalify for MVP this year. I have however made UA Gold and possibly will even make Plat. Will AS status match me back for 2016 when I return to Seattle, or do you think their attitude will be "well you made it before so you can do it again without our help"?
Have you ever matched before? If not, then I think you stand a fair chance of success. Just explain what happened, and that you'll be back in Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.