Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying to visit the La Premiere lounge at CDG on an award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
(...) (NB: I am, however, still really annoyed at AF's complete inability to translate anything appropriately. In terms of food, details matter. Chevreuil is not just "venison", it is roe deer, and this is what this should have been translated into. Otherwise, it's as though an Italian menu boasted "pennette" and the French translation was "pates" or a British menu mentioned "seabass" and the French translation was just an anonymous "poisson").
I noticed this quite often too. Very much a pity.

It sends the wrong messages, whether amateurism or "don't care" attitude.

It should not be hard to use the services of a proper translation office and given the amount of English used there, hire some truly bilingual/bi-cultural employees.

Last edited by carnarvon; Dec 27, 2015 at 9:50 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I noticed this quite often too. Very much a pity.

It sends the wrong messages, whether amateurism or "don't care" attitude.

It shroud not be hard to use the services of a proper translation office and given the amount of English used there, hire some truly bilingual/bi-cultural employees.
+1. Worse, I fear it could reinforce an impression often heard from many of our foreign that AF makes them feel like second class citizens and 'cares' more about French customers while showing a little contempt towards others. I personally do not think that this is true, but it makes it all the more important to care about symbols that could interpreted in such a way.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by jacob_m
I'm in the La Premiere lounge right now. As good as always.
So was I! From 3 till 7pm on the 26th.

Lounge was empty when I got there. Private First Lounge!

Julien
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sounds delicious!!
And in pictures...

Couldn't pass on it.

Julien
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by generikz
And in pictures...

Couldn't pass on it.

Julien
Wonderful ^
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
lucky wrote a report on how to access the La Premiere lounge for 300€

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lounge-access/
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Then it will most likely not last long...
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ranskis
Then it will most likely not last long...
Why ?
It is capacity controlled, so they can say no whenever they want. I was once denied access for this paid option (we were 3 persons in my party).
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:47 am

Usually, too much publicity on travel blogs about some nice aspects of travel quickly kills the good deals. Look at AAdvantage, with the removal of the oneworld explorer award, the free stopover at US gateway etc. Not to mention devaluations. Of course access to the F lounge when flying C is capacity controlled but the more American blog readers with their strong USD book the F experience, the less chances you have to be able to access it when paying for it.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Why ?
It is capacity controlled, so they can say no whenever they want. I was once denied access for this paid option (we were 3 persons in my party).
You can't envisage a scenario where AF may well find that this service is much more popular than expected, and conclude that they can safely raise the price?

Nothing good has ever come of stuff being published on blogs, at least from the perspective of those who regularly read the various fora on FT.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
You can't envisage a scenario where AF may well find that this service is much more popular than expected, and conclude that they can safely raise the price?
+1
If they keep the price for FB Plats the same and sell it as a new Plat benefit, I would be fine with everyone else paying say 400 euros or even charging based on the length of the visit.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:50 am

Or to have this possibility for FB platinum (or Elite) only, so that those who fly J on free credit card mileage bonuses or have no attachment to AF don't take the sweet spots from AF frequent fliers.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stargold

Nothing good has ever come of stuff being published on blogs, at least from the perspective of those who regularly read the various fora on FT.
I can clearly envisage the scenario you are describing. I was just reacting to "it won't last long". Of course they can increase the price, restrict to whatever category of flyers but I don't think the principle to be able to access this lounge for a fee will disappear. I might be completely wrong, I admit.
Remember, we started from 300E for Plat and 800E for other pax to 300E for everybody (eligible pax). We could indeed go to 300E/350E for plat and 500E for other pax.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Paying to visit the La Premiere lounge at CDG on an award ticket

One can also redeem miles for the access. It is priced at 40.000 miles. The La Premiere agent I spoke to told me that well in advance booking for this service is highly advisable.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Just booked the service for my next trip to China (on J). Was very simple , either sending a tweet to Air France IE or calling la premiere . However , as stated previously , calling the platinum line is useless. They give you the wrong feedback : access is only when flying first, no buying option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.