Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SDQBound
JFK-CDG for 159€ is a deal I would take any day. Despite all the bad reviews around, I personally believe that W is better than Y and for a 7-hour flight is worth the upgrade.
I agree with you, especially if you're traveling solo. The sole exception would be if the Y cabin is very sparsely populated.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
As this thread is close to 800 posts, with mixed comments and upgrade offers, I am proposing to create a Wiki with the routes / upgrade prices / month-year when the offer was received. I can volunteer to compile the data and create the first version, and then we continue to add the upgrade offers to the wiki. Anyone seconds the motion?
Support (third).

This thread is now voluminous and dysfunctional. A wiki with summary information about how paid upgrades work, and data points if people wish, would be much more useful. A separate, new thread might work better than piling more here.

Last edited by kthomas; Sep 22, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Not sure if the Wikii was ever made, cant find it at least.

I upgraded from W to J on AF 474 CDG-PTY for 469 USD. Consideringit's 11h in the sky in BEST, I really felt this was a no brainer.
More specifically, my initial booking fare was A. Not sure if my paid upgrade books into O?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Milkman
Not sure if the Wikii was ever made, cant find it at least.

I upgraded from W to J on AF 474 CDG-PTY for 469 USD. Consideringit's 11h in the sky in BEST, I really felt this was a no brainer.
More specifically, my initial booking fare was A. Not sure if my paid upgrade books into O?
good deal indeed. And yes, usually the paid upgrade books in O.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
good deal indeed. And yes, usually the paid upgrade books in O.
Well well...I was finally credited the miles today. It says my paid upgrade bought into C booking class and I have been credited 175% miles, against what I believe should have been just 100% for the A fare I had initialy bought?
As this was credited before my connecting flight from CPH and as it took me to Gold level, I also got an additional Gold level credit on the CPH-CDG segment.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:24 pm

Does anyone know what the current rate for upgrade from business to la premiere is for CDG-JFK? I just received an upgrade offer of 2k JFK-CDG. Are upgrades priced the same both ways?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Nolala
Does anyone know what the current rate for upgrade from business to la premiere is for CDG-JFK? I just received an upgrade offer of 2k JFK-CDG. Are upgrades priced the same both ways?
A few months ago I was quoted 1300 euros at the airport for this (I took it). But chances are it might be very different with the new rules now.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Klems
A few months ago I was quoted 1300 euros at the airport for this (I took it). But chances are it might be very different with the new rules now.
For the flight to CDG, 2k doesn't seem worth it.

I'm curious to see if the price will go down at the airport, and what the upgrade price might be for my return flight.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat
CDG-FRA Y->J 279€!
(+ operated by Cityjet)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
has anyone ever been offered a Y-J cash upgrade on the AF app or website for a DL operated, AF coded/ticketed flight?

i'm flying CDG-SLC next week on DL metal/AF ticket and flight number, my guess is that this is an impossibility, but that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
has anyone ever been offered a Y-J cash upgrade on the AF app or website for a DL operated, AF coded/ticketed flight?

i'm flying CDG-SLC next week on DL metal/AF ticket and flight number, my guess is that this is an impossibility, but that it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Never in my case, but I admit I rarely fly DL in Y long-haul, so I'm certainly not the best to answer this question. And I am not sure DL is proposing discounted paid international UG, based on some discussions I read on DL forum of FT.
But if it happens, I doubt it will be on an AF system as this flight is governed/controlled by DL. But it's true that ex-CDG, OLCI is not possible on DL systems as you are re-directed to AF.
In my opinion, do not count too much on it. You may have a better luck asking at the airport than with DL or AF app/sites.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Not gonna happen. From AMS, KLM is authorized to sell discounted upgrade but this is not the case for CDG departures.

Your best bet is to request a mileage upgrade and cross your fingers so that it clears before T-48.

This comes from an official source in DL.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: FB Gold
119 euros from Y to J at OLCI from SVO to CDG. Actually an halfway decent offer if you don't have SkyP/ lounge access.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Recently flew LAX to CDG and was able to upgrade from premium economy to J at check in for $450.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Recently flew LAX to CDG and was able to upgrade from premium economy to J at check in for $450.
that's a good deal....
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.