Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New MLL at Paris CDG Summer/Fall 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MLL at Paris CDG Summer/Fall 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
At some point they said new one would close, they would revert to old one, reopen in new one when reno was complete. Did the reno happen?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE
I'll check it out next Friday morning and will try to report back with some pictures.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
I'll check it out next Friday morning and will try to report back with some pictures.
Wonderful, thanks. Let us know if the chocolate has been returned to the food buffet
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:39 am

Report from CDG MLL

Reporting live from the CDG MLL! I showed up at T-3 hours at the baggage drop counter which was not yet open. The agents were having a briefing which took about 20 minutes and seemed to be about the Note 7 ban on AC flights. Anyway, using the check-in counter allowed me to get a coupon which allowed me to take advantage of the fast track for customs and security - something I would have missed if I had not checked a bag. After customs, security and duty-free shopping, I headed off for the lounge located downstairs in the weird, mushroom-starship building close to gate A39. My flight (AC881) actually leaves from A40, which is in the main building separated from the mushroom by a walkway, 3-4 minutes of walking separating the gate from the lounge.

You head down the escalator to enter directly in the lounge. The lounge feels relatively open but a bit dark, although that could be due to the time of the day and the weather, because yes, the lounge now has windows. Plenty of seating space and tables are available with power sockets a bit everywhere.

Apologies for the low quality pictures which were taken hastily with an old phone!

Catering is ok but quite limited. Small viennoiseries (croissants, pains au chocolat and cherry pastries) are available but they are definitely not the best I have had in Paris. Cold cut meats, cheeses and a chocolate bread/cake are also offered, as well as fresh fruits and hard-boiled eggs. Self-serve booze and canned beer (Heineken), wine (Domaine du Tariquet and) fruit juice are also available. Two coffee machines can also brew decent espressos or cappuccinos. Not a pickle in sight.

The lounge features about 10 work cubicles in an isolated, quiet area as well as toilets covered in glorious green marble wall-to-wall.

Wifi access is through our beloved Datavalet service with the usual slow speed we have come to expect. Lounge is about half-full at this time about 45 minutes before boarding.

All in all, a decent place to spend an hour before a flight, but I would definitely find a better croissant or pain au chocolat in the terminal next time I am taking a morning flight and want a quick breakfast.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:02 am

Great report and pics, thanks for remembering.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Wonderful, thanks. Let us know if the chocolate has been returned to the food buffet
I forgot to say... YES there are small, individually wrapped chocolates of decent quality available next to the coffee machine. I can't remember the brand even though I had 4-5 of them!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
I was there a month ago. Much better lounge than the old one.. didn't feel crammed at all. Easy to miss that there are 2 sides each with their own buffet. Most will head left when entering , but there is a whole other section to your right to discover as well with, in some cases, some different food items (like chip and packaged cookies)
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
a much needed change - and it actually looks like a proper lounge - there is also a quiet room which is very useful

didn't mind spend 90 minutes there waiting.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Looks like a lounge should--a nice relaxing atmosphere with an ok selection of food and drinks.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
I forgot to say... YES there are small, individually wrapped chocolates of decent quality available next to the coffee machine. I can't remember the brand even though I had 4-5 of them!
Merci!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AC ALTITUDE SE
Cdg lounge

Hi folks ,

just went through the new CDG lounge last week. Better , much better than the previous one. Good food offerings and a better assortment of mags that the usual useless ones in the MPL's in Canada.

But why , oh why , no showers !??

Why is this always a problem at CDG ?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by aventure
Hi folks ,

just went through the new CDG lounge last week. Better , much better than the previous one. Good food offerings and a better assortment of mags that the usual useless ones in the MPL's in Canada.

But why , oh why , no showers !??

Why is this always a problem at CDG ?

You'll find comments and photos in this thread too

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-2016-a-2.html
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:26 am

Just went through the 'New' MLL @ 2A great location lots of room and power receptacles, a little slow on getting food out and a little light on selection but decent. Biggest improvement washrooms in the lounge not down the hallway

Appears they have not renovated as original post said they would be doing over winter. Maybe in new year, but really does not need it, pretty good shape better than a lot of domestic MLL
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by xLuther
Just went through the 'New' MLL @ 2A great location lots of room and power receptacles, a little slow on getting food out and a little light on selection but decent. Biggest improvement washrooms in the lounge not down the hallway

Appears they have not renovated as original post said they would be doing over winter. Maybe in new year, but really does not need it, pretty good shape better than a lot of domestic MLL
Also went through recently and agree with this and other posts. Food offerings not quite as good as before (but a big improvement over domestic MLLs) and feel they particularly need to improve the bread/roll selection. Paris and no croissants? They had them in the old lounge. Pleased to see the chocolate back. They were also hard boiled eggs.

Can get a bit crowded in the food area, not a lot of swing room. Very slow to clean up spills. There was an unpleasant one in a high traffic area when I was there. Stayed there for a long time. Three staff had to inspect. Eventually wiped up.

Really value the washroom in the lounge and with hot water! Agree that additional reno probably not needed right now.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:15 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Was there last week, and food sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.