Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New MLL at Paris CDG Summer/Fall 2016

Old Jun 16, 16, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, WS Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE

Just flying out of Paris this morning and AC now uses the former American Airline lounge. Much larger and it has windows! Still on the same floor, i.e., basement of the round spaceship-style T2A terminal.

AC will use the lounge as is for the Summer since it will be busy with 4 daily flights. In the Fall, they will move back to the old MLL (sigh) while they renovate the larger one. They will eventually move back into the larger one after the renovations.

A welcome change for sure.

^ Air Canada
Old Jun 16, 16, 8:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Smile

Originally Posted by DNAwizard View Post
Just flying out of Paris this morning and AC now uses the former American Airline lounge. Much larger and it has windows! Still on the same floor, i.e., basement of the round spaceship-style T2A terminal.

AC will use the lounge as is for the Summer since it will be busy with 4 daily flights. In the Fall, they will move back to the old MLL (sigh) while they renovate the larger one. They will eventually move back into the larger one after the renovations.

A welcome change for sure.

^ Air Canada
Most certainly is! Thanks for heads up.
Old Jun 16, 16, 9:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Hooray! About 9 years overdue, but still nice to see.
Old Jun 16, 16, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, still in the mushroom.

Is there any gate that's further away? I think not.
Old Jun 17, 16, 2:41 am

I am flying on UA in a month. Is that the lounge I use or are there other options with A*.
Old Jun 17, 16, 3:43 am
alc

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
I am flying on UA in a month. Is that the lounge I use or are there other options with A*.
you can use the *A lounge finder to get full list of option available:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

but I don't think UA fly out from T2 (where AC does)
Old Jun 17, 16, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by alc View Post
you can use the *A lounge finder to get full list of option available:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

but I don't think UA fly out from T2 (where AC does)
UA flies from T1 (the old terminal) which makes the AC gates at T2 look good.
Old Jun 17, 16, 9:02 am

Great news about a new MLL, the existing one is tired and sad looking!

As for being in the mushroom, yes it's a bit of a walk, but there is plenty of shopping on the way there, and imo much better than being in T1 as it is the case with UA
Old Jun 17, 16, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat, BA Gold
The Star Alliance lounge at T1 is decent for UA flyers out of that old terminal, but it pales compared to the AF lounges in T2.
Old Oct 15, 16, 7:53 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
New MLL @ Paris CDG

Just flew out of CDG and as I was walking to go to the MLL lounge at terminal 2A, I noticed the MLL had moved further down the hall. As I entered I was wow wow impressed. It has windows!!! unlike the old MLL. Almost twice as large, the old MLL used to get quite crowded with *A pax. Very spacious and get this: toilets in the MLL, the old MLL you had to exist the lounge and go across the hall to the public one.
I knew this was coming when I was at CDG this summer but was pleasantly surprised to see it on this departure. This will be a welcome to those familiar with CDG, a very nice upgrade for sure.
Old Oct 15, 16, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by james dean View Post
Just flew out of CDG and as I was walking to go to the MLL lounge at terminal 2A, I noticed the MLL had moved further down the hall. As I entered I was wow wow impressed. It has windows!!! unlike the old MLL. Almost twice as large, the old MLL used to get quite crowded with *A pax. Very spacious and get this: toilets in the MLL, the old MLL you had to exist the lounge and go across the hall to the public one.
I knew this was coming when I was at CDG this summer but was pleasantly surprised to see it on this departure. This will be a welcome to those familiar with CDG, a very nice upgrade for sure.
Any pictures? so far for those that have not yet seen the new MLL, would be great to see some.

here is the original thread regarding the new MLL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ll-2016-a.html

(i did a search by typing "Paris")
Old Oct 15, 16, 8:57 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Any pictures? so far for those that have not yet seen the new MLL, would be great to see some.

here is the original thread regarding the new MLL http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ll-2016-a.html

(i did a search by typing "Paris")
dummy me, sorry no pic's!!
Its very up-scale with wall to wall marble in the toilets.
The MLL is divided into two sides, each side has a beverage/snack station. To me having windows is such a big plus, even the nice ladies at the reception desk were pleased. The old MLL was like sitting in a cave.
Old Oct 15, 16, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Thanks for the heads up. Will be there soon. Good to know.
Old Oct 15, 16, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Sounds good. The old one was pretty dire. How was the wi-fi?
Old Oct 15, 16, 10:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
The MLL has moved for a few months now. Was in the old spot when I passed through in January. They were already using the new one when I passed through again in August.

No pictures, but very similar style to the old lounge. Just much larger.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: