Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by padawanflyer
I'm flying YVR-FRA in a few days, and am only E35K(can't access Int'l MLL), can I go through security to the domestic gates, use the Dom MLL, then walk directly to the Int'l gates?

I read above, and it sounds like this is fine, I'm just specifically wondering if:
a) Does security at the domestic checkpoint care that you're going to an int'l gate?
b) Do I actually have to clear security again when I head to Int'l?
a) They should allow you through.
b) No
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There was a point last year where YVR stopped allowing me through domestic security when holding a US boarding pass. I'm not sure about international. But it's been a definite no every time since then.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:29 pm

If you're going transborder, you won't get into any other lounges. The reason I've always got is because of customs and security...they don't want you underestimating the time you need.

I've never flown out of yvri nternational, but there's no security or anything between the domestic pier and international gates. At the very least that element isn't a problem
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: TK *G
Also remember that there are swing gates for YVR domestic/international, therefore entering domestic with international BP is not a problem if your flight departs from those gates.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Rendar
If you're going transborder, you won't get into any other lounges. The reason I've always got is because of customs and security...they don't want you underestimating the time you need.

I've never flown out of yvri nternational, but there's no security or anything between the domestic pier and international gates. At the very least that element isn't a problem
I used to get the "oh this is the wrong part of the terminal and you need to clear customs and security". "Yeah I know I do this weekly and I've got 3 hours" always got me through.

Now their machines won't even accept the boarding pass.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Now their machines won't even accept the boarding pass.
CATSA's machines or AC's?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
CATSA's machines or AC's?
CATSA
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
CATSA
So, just buy a refundable domestic ticket on AC or WS, use that to get past CATSA, then access the MLL using the AC TB/INTL BP to avoid any DrunkCargo issues.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So, just buy a refundable domestic ticket on AC or WS, use that to get past CATSA, then access the MLL using the AC TB/INTL BP to avoid any DrunkCargo issues.
I had a concierge suggest that to me at least once.

One time, I jokingly said "Wow you've been so helpful. I'm going to write in to thank you!"

The reaction on his/her face was priceless.

"NONONONONONO"

I've gone into YYZ dom a few times with an SFO BP. Last time, I hadned over my BP, and said "I know where I'm going". She looked at me, puzzled. She scanned it. Wrote down "F69" (or whatever it was), handed back the BP, and said "Your gate is F69 and your flight's on t--- wait... F69? You know you're in the wrong part of the airport, right?"

To which I responded, "I know where I'm going". We had a good laugh. But they seem to freak out when I enter a domestic lounge with a US boarding pass, even if I have 4 hours to departure.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I had a concierge suggest that to me at least once.

One time, I jokingly said "Wow you've been so helpful. I'm going to write in to thank you!"

The reaction on his/her face was priceless.

"NONONONONONO"

I've gone into YYZ dom a few times with an SFO BP. Last time, I hadned over my BP, and said "I know where I'm going". She looked at me, puzzled. She scanned it. Wrote down "F69" (or whatever it was), handed back the BP, and said "Your gate is F69 and your flight's on t--- wait... F69? You know you're in the wrong part of the airport, right?"

To which I responded, "I know where I'm going". We had a good laugh. But they seem to freak out when I enter a domestic lounge with a US boarding pass, even if I have 4 hours to departure.
Interesting choice of gate number off the top of your head
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
Interesting choice of gate number off the top of your head
It's a pretty typical gate used for my YYZ-SFO flights...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC E75K
I can confirm the answer to my question a) above. CATSA didn't even question my gate #, and now I'm happily sitting in the Domestic MLL. :-)
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
YVR International Maple Leaf Lounge: is it open yet?

It was supposed to open by end of summer.

Is it going to be delayed past the new Skyteam Lounge opening?

With these new lounges opening (CX just opened their's this year), I'd wager that YVR has the best lounges in Canada. Amazing what competition can do.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by keitherson
It was supposed to open by end of summer.

Is it going to be delayed past the new Skyteam Lounge opening?

With these new lounges opening (CX just opened their's this year), I'd wager that YVR has the best lounges in Canada. Amazing what competition can do.

No. I posted on July 26 in the other YVR International MLL thread that I was told September.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28610226-post57.html
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by 24left
No. I posted on July 26 in the other YVR International MLL thread that I was told September.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28610226-post57.html
Is this in reference to the downstairs portion of this lounge? Because the upstairs was open as of last October.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the linked post and answered my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.