Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR international maple leaf lounge

Old Dec 4, 15, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)

So I am connecting onto an international route via YVR for the first time and was unhappy to learn that the YVR international lounge does not have showers.

What's the YVR international lounge like? How is it compared to YYZ international lounge? Is it better or worse?

Also, is it better or worse than YVR domestic lounge? Should I just sit and wait for my connecting flight in domestic?
Old Dec 4, 15, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
The YVR Int'l MLL is smallish and tends to be crowded.

If you are connecting from a domestic flight, you can stop in the Domestic MLL for a shower before walking over to the International Pier.
Old Dec 4, 15, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
IMO the domestic MLL is quite a bit nicer than the int'l MLL at YVR. Tle latter is crowded, has limited seating, no showers etc.
Old Dec 4, 15, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC S100K CX Silver
I don't even bother with the YVR INT Lounge... its horrible.
Use the Plaza Lounge if you can... everything is much better.
Old Dec 4, 15, 8:43 pm

Programs: air canada SE100k, Alaska MVP 75
No shower at international, but you can use the domestic lounge with an international ticket even if not connecting.
It is often that people using lounge passes come there as they are not valid in international lounges.

Last edited by swmb31; Dec 4, 15 at 8:52 pm
Old Dec 4, 15, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Follow up question: What about food? Which one is better?
Old Dec 4, 15, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cooleddie View Post
What about food? Which one is better?

I've posted numerous photos and descriptions of the food offerings of those lounges. Also, part of it is time of day. Eg. Dom has a really nice breakfast offering, I find lunches are similar.

The issue is space and timing. I've posted before that until the majority of the Asia flights clear out of the international, there is nowhere to sit and carrying food and drinks around is not optimal.

EDIT: If you can be more specific about your expected time of day, I can give you more details of each.
Old Dec 5, 15, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I've posted numerous photos and descriptions of the food offerings of those lounges. Also, part of it is time of day. Eg. Dom has a really nice breakfast offering, I find lunches are similar.

The issue is space and timing. I've posted before that until the majority of the Asia flights clear out of the international, there is nowhere to sit and carrying food and drinks around is not optimal.

EDIT: If you can be more specific about your expected time of day, I can give you more details of each.
Sure - is there a link?

I'm arriving at 2:36PM, connecting onto the AC854 at 5:55PM.
Old Dec 5, 15, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan Basic!, AAdvantage Platinum, Skymiles Platinum
I'm travelling 33 YYZ -> SYD later this month. Never been in the int'l YVR MLL (familiar with domestic) since it's so late, how crowded does it get at 11pm? I won't be hungry at that hour and traveling J so it is worth it to hike over to domestic or just use int'l? Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 15, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by YYZMIAZRH View Post
I'm travelling 33 YYZ -> SYD later this month. Never been in the int'l YVR MLL (familiar with domestic) since it's so late, how crowded does it get at 11pm? I won't be hungry at that hour and traveling J so it is worth it to hike over to domestic or just use int'l? Thanks.
The gate where the SYD flight takes off from, isn't that far from the domestic lounge. It doesn't leave from the actual international Terminal, it's in between domestic and international.
Old Dec 5, 15, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cooleddie View Post
Sure - is there a link?

I'm arriving at 2:36PM, connecting onto the AC854 at 5:55PM.
Therefore, maybe 4:00pm by the time you actually get off your inbound flight. You can pop into the Dom MLL and look around and then wander over to the international MLL, call it a 10 minute walk. The concierges are usually there at the desk and will tell you what time 854 boards. Again, another 10 minute walk, depending on gate location.

I am never there that late as my Asia flights leave earlier.

Perhaps someone else can advise exactly what type of food is available at 4-5pm
Old Dec 5, 15, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I'd just stay at domestic. You can have your shower, and then you can make the 10 minute walk when you feel like it.
Old Jun 30, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE
There's a new international MLL recently opened on the 4th floor above the existing one which adds quite a bit of extra space. Boarding pass scanned on 3rd floor then they give you option to take elevator to 4th floor

Its quite spacious and was very quiet. No showers though, and no liquor license yet. I would say that the food at lunch time was better than domestic, though I would have preferred a shower!
Old Jun 30, 16, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by eos75 View Post
There's a new international MLL recently opened on the 4th floor above the existing one which adds quite a bit of extra space. Boarding pass scanned on 3rd floor then they give you option to take elevator to 4th floor

Its quite spacious and was very quiet. No showers though, and no liquor license yet. I would say that the food at lunch time was better than domestic, though I would have preferred a shower!
Can you please explain where this elevator shaft is near the regular YVR International MLL? If the new MLL is above the current one, the elevator is near or next to the current MLL, correct?
Old Jun 30, 16, 7:29 pm

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
IMO the domestic MLL is quite a bit nicer than the int'l MLL at YVR. Tle latter is crowded, has limited seating, no showers etc.
Really?
Because food sucks in DOM MLL , from my understanding, at least one can have a "Okay" hot meal before flight in international lounge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: