FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR international maple leaf lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:36 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Multiple visits recently. Ya, LOL.

They are still "constructing" although I'm not sure what is taking so long. IIRC, my first visit to the new upstairs location was October 2016, and as I noted at the time, it was a definite improvement over what was the original downstairs.

At the time, I was told the final facility would include showers, an upstairs and downstairs connected by an internal staircase.

There are wall posters both inside the current lounge as well as elsewhere, which show images of what looks like a chef's station.

I asked again recently and I was told the downstairs will re-open September 1.

No idea if this is accurate.

Also, on one of my recent visits, the elevator was out or service. I and others climbed the staircase with carry-ons, but this pretty much meant those who could not, would not be able to have access.

Also, I found that the main part of the lounge had the smell of the food. I mentioned this to staff and they said yes, they have had complaints from many others about the ventilation.

I'm not sure what changed. My visits in October and January did not have this issue, but all recent visits did. Perhaps the ongoing construction has affected the upstairs ventilation.

Someone else can figure it out.