Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
YYC lounge. Busy but clean.

My wife dropped me off at YYC early so that we could avoid rush hour traffic.

The MLL staff have been super aggressive at picking up used items, and it is rather spotless here despite the lounge being packed.

The soap dispensers in the men's washroom are both broken. And the urinals are being renovated. But good thing for hand sanitizer.

I just took the last fork...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
YYC lounge. Busy but clean.

My wife dropped me off at YYC early so that we could avoid rush hour traffic.

The MLL staff have been super aggressive at picking up used items, and it is rather spotless here despite the lounge being packed.

The soap dispensers in the men's washroom are both broken. And the urinals are being renovated. But good thing for hand sanitizer.

Are the urinals being "renovated" with a new water feature?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:50 pm

Last edited by bakersdozen; Dec 13, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Live update. The forks have been replenished. I am now using my 3rd fork of the hour.

The staff are working hard at keeping things clean and stocked.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Live update. The forks have been replenished. I am now using my 3rd fork of the hour.

The staff are working hard at keeping things clean and stocked.
They just read you fork post and got all forked up about it.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SEMM
LHR MLL - guess what

Still
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geoflying
LHR MLL - guess what

Still
Amazing - even though the other two are fixed, this has been since October 2014 at the very least.

Taking bets - another month, two months, half year, or year before this urinal is fixed?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I cleaned up my own desk space here in the YVR Domestic MLL. Went to food area, grabbed a wad of napkins and wiped down my desk, picked up and threw out the litter, and then placed the used dishes somewhere else (because am I supposed to have them in my face?) Nobody has yet to come by to check on the business area in the last 25 minutes.

Maybe one day MLLs will have staff like the NH lounges (I laugh... I laugh...)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Lounge staff?????

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I cleaned up my own desk space here in the YVR Domestic MLL. Went to food area, grabbed a wad of napkins and wiped down my desk, picked up and threw out the litter, and then placed the used dishes somewhere else (because am I supposed to have them in my face?) Nobody has yet to come by to check on the business area in the last 25 minutes.

Maybe one day MLLs will have staff like the NH lounges (I laugh... I laugh...)

I'll bring a couple of them back from NRT.

"Super Spiffy Spotless" AND a Noodle Bar !!!!

UPDATE: Feb 23

Still spotless! Dirty dishes are taken away before you blink

Last edited by 24left; Feb 24, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I arrive at the YYZ Int'l MLL just now and there are seven tables free but full with various left plates, cutlery, and garbage.

I ended up clearing off one table myself by loading up another table that had garbage on it, then proceeed to grab a wad of napkins to wipe off the gunk from my table. I now have a makeshift placemat of napkins on my table since I couldn't fully wipe the table clean (sticky gunk that was difficult to wipe off).

Other people using various tables as dumping gounds since there is no other place to put them.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I think the issue is they have greatly increased the number of daily visitors without increasing the staff.

Seems to be AC's new theme.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian
I think the issue is they have greatly increased the number of daily visitors without increasing the staff.

Seems to be AC's new theme.
That and their contract staff suck.

AC also needs to improve on their procurement - perhaps get quality and pay a bit more than lowest?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I feel almost compelled to get to this MLL earlier than usual and spend time documenting the garbage that lay strewn about for 15+ minutes at a time, and then actually make an effort to post pics here.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Nomad,
So glad you bumped this thread

On Jan 23rd I posted re the YVR Dom MLL

Originally Posted by 24left
The hole in the handicapped stall is where a hook used to be (to hang things)
....been broken/missing since last October, at least...

Update

The hole in the wall in that stall was still there on

Feb 24
Mar 11
Mar 24
May 5
June 2
June 14
July 24

Fantastic.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I arrive at the YYZ Int'l MLL just now and there are seven tables free but full with various left plates, cutlery, and garbage.

I ended up clearing off one table myself by loading up another table that had garbage on it, then proceeed to grab a wad of napkins to wipe off the gunk from my table. I now have a makeshift placemat of napkins on my table since I couldn't fully wipe the table clean (sticky gunk that was difficult to wipe off).

Other people using various tables as dumping gounds since there is no other place to put them.
Wow. We cheapen the product, and you help AC clean up. No wonder they don't need to employ cleaners. The pax do it themselves!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.