Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Was going to shame YOW MLL publicly but had the company polo on so I decided against it.

Major issue? 2 bathrooms (as in, you know, the actual toilet and not the urinal in the mens side), were defective. No real signs, but after...15? minutes it was clear that no one was in there (especially since I did knock). So out of 3 bathrooms, 1 actually works. Unbelievable.

The clearing of stuff from tables was markedly improved...every 20 or so minutes?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:29 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
YVR domestic. Have no idea where the glasses all are. Maybe they're in transit to YMM or something.

Ladies' bathroom utterly filthy; there's a hole in the wall of the handicap stall, stuffed with paper (presumably to frustrate would-be Peeping Toms?).

Really wish I'd taken the time to go to the Fairmont Bar instead.

Oh, by the bye? The much-vaunted high-speed internet? It ain't. :/

[edit to fix dreadful typos]
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mevlannen
YVR domestic. Have no idea where the glasses all are. Maybe they're in transit to YMM or something.

Ladies' bathroom utterly filthy; there's a hole in the wall of the handicap stall, stuffed with paper (presumably to frustrate would-be Peeping Toms?).

The hole in the handicapped stall is where a hook used to be (to hang things)
I've hear it's been broken/missing since last October, at least.
Paper-stuffing sounds like progress.

As for YVR MLL no-go wifi, same problem in the Int'l and in YYZ and, and, and there are numerous posts in other threads. Sad but true.
Also, when was the wifi "much-vaunted"? Oh never mind.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PharOut
....Haven't seen a single dish cleared but I have seen a number of people pour Guinness into a coffee cup because that is all they could find.
Last fall, IIRC, Mr. Cow was drinking beer out of a wine glass in one MLL.

Now it's all making sense why I see so many people in the MLLs with these.
Silly me, I assumed it was for water

Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:05 pm

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
'Much-vaunted' in the sense that they claim to offer the highest speed available. I suppose that, given two chipmunks, a pair of empty beer tins, and hank of string, they might indeed be telling it like it is.

Ladies' room handicap stall door in YYC MLL has been broken and hanging lop-sidedly for well over two years. There are three-year-old dried spots of [redacted] in front of the handicapped-stall commode in BOS B-2 gate ladies' room, although to be fair that's probably Massport's responsibility.

Yeah, I take dated pictures. I sent them it. I get form-letters in reply, thanking me for recognising Air Canada's five-star performance.

And all that aside, they have managed to find a few coffee-mugs in YVR now. Things are looking up!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: *$ Green

Originally Posted by 24left
The hole in the handicapped stall is where a hook used to be (to hang things)
I've hear it's been broken/missing since last October, at least.
Paper-stuffing sounds like progress.

As for YVR MLL no-go wifi, same problem in the Int'l and in YYZ and, and, and there are numerous posts in other threads. Sad but true.
Also, when was the wifi "much-vaunted"? Oh never mind.
'Much-vaunted' in the sense that they claim to offer the highest speed available. I suppose that, given two chipmunks, a pair of empty beer tins, and hank of string, they might indeed be telling it like it is.

Ladies' room handicap stall door in YYC MLL has been broken and hanging lop-sidedly for well over two years. There are three-year-old dried spots of [redacted] in front of the handicapped-stall commode in BOS B-2 gate ladies' room, although to be fair that's probably Massport's responsibility.

Yeah, I take dated pictures. I sent them it. I get form-letters in reply, thanking me for recognising Air Canada's five-star performance.

And all that aside, they have managed to find a few coffee-mugs in YVR now. Things are looking up!
Is there some kind of tracking sheet of ladies bathroom that FT'ers fill out for the ladies bathroom, or did I miss a memo

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 29, 2015 at 8:21 am Reason: off topic
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Is there some kind of tracking sheet of ladies bathroom that FT'ers fill out for the ladies bathroom, or did I miss a memo
LOLOLOL

There was a chapter in my psych textbook that said men and women notice different things and complain differently.

That explains the universe.

Not sure about the MLLs.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Now it's all making sense why I see so many people in the MLLs with these.
Silly me, I assumed it was for water

Yep, it was YVR domestic
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:06 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Ok, then so you speak like that without the Quebecois/french accent?
There are a lot of us who don't speak with the Quebecois accent as you mentioned and quite frankly, I find your reference to the YUL culture out of order in this thread.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I see no issue with that. I drink the Glenlivet out of whatever glassware is available.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I see no issue with that. I drink the Glenlivet out of whatever glassware is available.
yes, of course

but I was responding to the comments about missing glasses in various MLLs

which reminds me, LAX MLL ran out of forks on Tuesday.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Forks? it's all finger food?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Forks? it's all finger food?

Not in LAX
There are salads, tuna, eggs, various raw veggies
Everyone was eating their salad with soup spoons
should have taken photos
(one guy laughed and said maybe NZ took all the forks when they left)

Eventually, attendants came out with a batch of washed forks, but ran out quickly
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I blame the super easy access to the YYZ Domestic MLL for lack of basic cutlery, mugs, cups, etc. and often having to resort to using a wine glass or coffee mug to drink my Scotch.

That MLL is such a blo0dy zoo.

They should really have a SE only MLL at YYZ instead of at YUL to start!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
LHR MLL 2 of 3 urinals operational

As of Monday, January 26, 2015, I am 2/3rds happy to report that 2 of 3 urinals in the LHR MLL are fixed. The first urinal is still out of order.

So after how many months will it take to have them 100% up and running? Three months? Four months?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.