Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
I use the app Flyover Country to give me a moving map. Works well. Just download the map before leaving.
Looks interesting - thanks.

Will recommend to Ms. Boh who misses her window seat.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:20 am

Rouge to Venice

looking for advice. Flying out of Kingston and connect in yyz. There are direct flights to Venice with rouge. For the same price we can fly ac to Rome. Not sure if it makes sense to then take the train to Venice after a night in Rome. We will fly back out of Rome so it's only the one flight. Have heard many negative reviews with rouge. Will not upgrade to premium. Anyone flown rouge to Venice and found it fine. Or is it an avoid at all costs.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dreameral
looking for advice. Flying out of Kingston and connect in yyz. There are direct flights to Venice with rouge. For the same price we can fly ac to Rome. Not sure if it makes sense to then take the train to Venice after a night in Rome. We will fly back out of Rome so it's only the one flight. Have heard many negative reviews with rouge. Will not upgrade to premium. Anyone flown rouge to Venice and found it fine. Or is it an avoid at all costs.
There are a few threads about Rouge that you might want to read.
There is no perfect answer. If you value your time and do not want the hassle of connecting then take Rouge. If the pricing is the same, I personally would prefer Rome as mainline comfort is better. Or fly Rouge and at least pay for better seats like exit row. And carry some padding for your posterior as some of those seats are painful for a long flight.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
looking for advice.....Anyone flown rouge to Venice and found it fine. Or is it an avoid at all costs.
Originally Posted by vernonc
There are a few threads about Rouge that you might want to read.....
Right.

Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
For the price of the physiotherapy you'll likely have to commit to, stay overnight in Rome (and why not take that opportunity?) and take 1st class tickets on the train to Venice and back.

Personally I'd vote for Florence over Venice but that's just me. Better food, lots to see and less crowded than Venice. All those vaporetto trips in Venice just made me queasy.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:31 pm

Sorry, should have offered more details. We will be in Venice for 4 nights, then Florence for a day and a half ( 2 nights). Amalfi coast for 6 nights and leave from Rome after two days. That's why I'm not sure if staying in Rome overnight again ways against the discomfort of rouge...but it is direct
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have done AC to/fro FCO, then took the Eurostar to Venice Santa Lucia. Quite doable, and in my book preferable to ACr. The train trip is not particularly scenic, but it does give you a feel for the landscape. Takes ~4:30 hrs. We stayed at the Hotel Bellini, which is within walking distance of the train station (if you can carry your bags up and down the stairs at the bridge), saves a water taxi fare, which can reach 80 Euros depending on distance. The first class Eurostar fare was in the same region, if I recall.

It is probably feasible to train from FCO-Roma Termini-Venice Santa Lucia the same day, avoiding the overnight in Rome. The same Eurostar stops in Florence so you can fit that in easily if your schedule allows.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:37 pm

If it's AC Rouge 767 Y, it's fine. No IFE but you can use your own devices to connect
I flew it in 2016 YYZ-PRG nonstop red-eye. I liked it over 1-stop elsewhere

I think YYZ-VCE, then going south to Florence, then Rome is more logical
YYZ-FCO and paying $$ for train up to Venice isn't worth it IMO, especially if you can't find cheap train tickets
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC E50K, SPG/Marriott Platinum, AccorHotels Platinum, IHG Gold, NEXUS
I recently flew Rouge (767) between Vancouver and Maui both ways, which is a shorter flight than YYZ-VCE, but it will still give you an idea.

We booked the Rouge Plus seats, which are towards the front of economy, with a little more legroom. I found it totally worth it. Legroom was good. The thing I found though was that the padding of the seat was not comfy at all. Coming off an A330 from YUL-YVR, I found the padding in the A330 much more comfortable than what we had on Rouge. The padding of my seat on OGG-YVR was better than YVR-OGG, but still not very good. Oh and there's awkwardly placed controls on the armrests. Right where your elbows rest of course.

Regarding entertainment, I made sure to load plenty of offline Netflix titles so I had lots to stay entertained. That was a good move because Player was not working well and the selection of movies available for streaming was quite sad.

So if you are able to stay entertained with your own devices, don't mind an aging plane, and don't mind a bad seat cushion, than Rouge is manageable. I do prefer however the A330 much more than the Rouge 767.

That being said, it's really up to you if you value flight comfort over the convenience of a flight directly to your destination rather than having to take a train after.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If flying in Y on the B763, there really is very little difference other than the IFE. Certainly not worth the extra stop.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Flew YYZ-VCE then VCE-YUL last August on rouge. At that time, the last minute upgrade cost to premium rouge was only around $250-300 Canadian for the 8-9 hour flights and while people gripe about the quality of the rouge "J" product, it was equivalent to a domestic J type for half the cost and double the time. So I found it every bit worth it. Don't know if it's changed but I would definitely book at least rouge plus seats (exit row or bulkhead row) as the 30" pitch of Y seats on the 767s is tight.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
If time is of the essence, non-stop is the way to go.

Alternatively, it's an easy train hop from Milano Centrale.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Personally I'd vote for Florence over Venice but that's just me. Better food, lots to see and less crowded than Venice.
^^^^^^
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: Altitude E75K, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Just did an extensive search of this 496 page thread.. is there any final consensus about the 763 preferred seating in terms of non-bulkhead at the front of the cabin (13-15) versus exit row 28, which seems to be the best rated on seatguru? I'm doing YYZ to LGW and am hoping to get some sleep. My last rouge flight was to Orlando on a narrow body which was awful, but for this route other than IFE rouge versus mainline 777 didn't seem that different...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
MXP

My answer is fly out of MXP.

Interesting footnote. We managed to book our VCE flights before AC launched its Rouge service. In the alternative, we were routed VCE-FRA-YYZ. FRA is a horrible airport to transit, but it beats flying Rouge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.