Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Sometimes the seat map reflects the change before the schedule, so you're probably okay.

If they change the aircraft type, it tends to screw up pre-assigned seats, so you'd have to phone in to get your preferred seats back (to which you would still be entitled).
Unless of course they have reassigned all seats to accommodate the downgauge by placing random non-status flyers on Tango- tickets into the premium seats.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I'm sitting in 1H on AC 1831 now. It's still awful. Oh well, only 6:18 left to go......
Just updating my review based on our YYZ-MCO flights pre-Xmas. Flew down on a 767 and found the J seat sub-par. Fine for such a short flight though and the service was good. Coming back, it was my first flight on the Rouge 319 since they updated the J seats years ago. As others have reported, they're pretty comparable to domestic J and I'd have no problems booking them again. For me, they're far superior to the 767 seats.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TiredConsultant
Hi guys - I am trying to select seats for PHX-YYZ in March on an Aeroplan booking. Schedule shows 767 but it’s clearly a 319 seat map. Which supersedes which? Schedule or seat map?

The seat map exit row (19A/F on the A319) shows as $20 and not preferred. I would like the exit row, especially on these Rouge 319s.

If I buy these seats and they change to a 767 seat map, what happens? Do I get a 767 preferred seat or do I get 19A/F on the 767?

Thanks

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, but I've also been wondering about this as well, although my flight is from LAS > YYZ via Rouge.
Seatguru is showing as a 767 300ER as is Air Canada, but seatguru shows it having a bulkhead in front of seat 12, but from what I remember, it's just a little curtain between premium rouge and the rest of the cabin. The seats themselves in premium rouge and the preferred seats were the same though from what I remember. I'm basing this the rouge flight I took from MEX >YYZ last spring though.

I'm currently 14a, should I stay here, or move up a row? (there's currently a free seat in 12c, but it's an aisle seat.
My main concerns is the better seat, not getting off the plane quickly. I can't seem to get a straight answer based on what's online.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, but I've also been wondering about this as well, although my flight is from LAS > YYZ via Rouge.
Seatguru is showing as a 767 300ER as is Air Canada, but seatguru shows it having a bulkhead in front of seat 12, but from what I remember, it's just a little curtain between premium rouge and the rest of the cabin. The seats themselves in premium rouge and the preferred seats were the same though from what I remember. I'm basing this the rouge flight I took from MEX >YYZ last spring though.

I'm currently 14a, should I stay here, or move up a row? (there's currently a free seat in 12c, but it's an aisle seat.
My main concerns is the better seat, not getting off the plane quickly. I can't seem to get a straight answer based on what's online.

Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure there’s an actual bulkhead at row 12, so I would totally stay in 14. It’s actually my preferred row on an ACr 763.
iceblueshoes likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Thanks!
I'll stay where I am.
Much appreciated!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
It is an actual bulkhead on the 767. I just got off of YYZ-PHX in row 12.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
I removed WAW (summer seasonal) from WIKI as it will be operated by AC Mainline this summer.
Most likely Rouge could not compete with LO 787s.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: *G
rouge 319 ACV questions

The limited information I have on an upcoming rouge flight booked as an ACV package says the fare is "Economy (F)". Elsewhere it is stated as Tango. Such a fare class is not mentioned anywhere I have seen as far as mileage accumulation, benefits etc, and I am assuming eupgrades are out of the question. I can put in a bid for an upgrade (even for the return which is J0). If I go to the eupgrade site, it recognizes my eupgrade credits and the reservation, but says I am a "travel companion" and have to be registered.

Is the rouge BOB the same/similar to AC mainline - if not, what does it include? It's a 5 hour flight, so will need some sustenance (not to mention departure leaving during the mid morning MLL drought between breakfast and lunch).

And based on the recent discussion re row 12, on the 319, I am assuming a curtain, not a hard bulkhead.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:13 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by smallmj
Details?
Seats were bad in premium rouge, and ticket priced to compete with 1 stop US carriers several of which were lie-flat. Meal request was forgotten. Took off late and landed late (there was really no departure delay). Same delay again on HNL-YVR.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:22 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Dare I say we had a pleasant flight on Rouge on January 4.
I'm always leery of Rouge but was pleasantly surprised. We book bus-class for our long hauls but the only way to PTP is by Rouge.

I am shocked as well- there were a few factors that made this flight pleasant:
The service was stupendous: Omar was our flight attendant and he did a great job, was very pleasant and offered refills on beverages often.
The food was actually tasty - I had manicotti & hubby had butter chicken
The premium economy seats were OK comfort wise but the big bonus was that there was no one behind us and room in our overhead bins!
(The flight from YUL-PTP there was a 4 years old his mom & another toddler- both children constantly kicking the seats, we asked nicely to stop but kids soon forget and mom was exhausted & sleeping)
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Queen B
Dare I say we had a pleasant flight on Rouge on January 4.
I'm always leery of Rouge but was pleasantly surprised. We book bus-class for our long hauls but the only way to PTP is by Rouge.

I am shocked as well- there were a few factors that made this flight pleasant:
The service was stupendous: Omar was our flight attendant and he did a great job, was very pleasant and offered refills on beverages often.
The food was actually tasty - I had manicotti & hubby had butter chicken
The premium economy seats were OK comfort wise but the big bonus was that there was no one behind us and room in our overhead bins!
(The flight from YUL-PTP there was a 4 years old his mom & another toddler- both children constantly kicking the seats, we asked nicely to stop but kids soon forget and mom was exhausted & sleeping)
You're not alone. Some here think ACr J is better than LH F.
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:07 am

First flight with Rogue over new year's and most likely our last. YYZ-PHX on Dec 30 - 6 hour delay so we got to PHX after dark, ruining our first day. The usual in-flight entertainment app problems on Android devices. At least they were nice enough to give us a couple of iPads for free. Abysmal selection of movies, though. Took forever to get drinks. Mind you, we were close to the back of the plane, but still - way slower than I'm used to from regular Air Canada or WestJet. Delay on the way back as well, and luggage took forever to arrive at YYZ.

Only positive I can say is that the seats had adjustable headrests. That's actually a huge issue for me at 6'4". The fixed headrests dig into my shoulders, making the flight very uncomfortable.

Rouge would have to be way cheaper than other alternatives for us to choose them again.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Most likely Rouge could not compete with LO 787s.
No question that the 787 is a superior aircraft, Rouge load factors were reportedly extremely high. I would say that it has more do with the fact that there is an identifiable demand for International Business Class on this route, and can profitably be operated by Mainline. Based on nothing more than pure observation and speculation, I could see BCN, LIS & VCE eventually transitioning to Mainline. A return to VIE would also be very welcome to complement the superb service of OS.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:35 am

Flying AC Rouge (no status)

Mrs FFFlyer flying to FLL (no AC status).

Question: besides my ability to gift an AC MLL lounge pass from my benefits, anything else I can do / can be done to enhance the Rouge experiece on a flight YUL - FLL? Specifically:
1. how does seat selection work (we have not paid for seats in advance, flight map currently wide open prior to 24 hr OLCI window)? Those seats can be tight (767-300).
2. any way to get free checked bag (currently 30$ for 1st bag)?
3. anything else I may have missed...?

Thanks FT'ers! Happy 2018!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
You could buy her a J ticket. The rest will take care of itself.
jc94 and quantumofforce like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.