Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Needle Hill
I am SE and companion is E50. We booked PE (lowest) YYZ-YVR-HKG.

YYZ-YVR cleared at booking. YVR-HKG R=0 at T-7 (2 minutes after Canadiancow got cleared with R>0) but cleared at gate.

Return YVR-YYZ cleared at booking. HKG-YVR R=0 throughout and not cleared. There were 4 SE and 2 SE MM sitting at PE. I doubt any eUP was successful in that flight.

It was at the pre Chinese New Year rush. Your chance could be better after that.
We flew back Feb 21 HKG-YVR.

R=0 about 3 weeks out. Showed J=4 at T-24. Aircanada.com showed 2 available seats for selection. Andrew had mentioned that 1DG are blocked for bassinet.

3 upgrades cleared from PY lowest when the flight closed at T-60min. Myself (SE) and parents as nominees (E50/75).

Last upgrade cleared from PY lowest at T-30min (wife, no status). They were holding a J seat until the last minute for I presume if someone wanted a gate LMU.

Sure enough I got assigned a throne seat and my parents got the bassinet 1DG that were blocked. With some shuffling, my mom got the throne seat, and the Mrs and I got the bassinet position. We are expecting, so we might as well get used to the bassinet spot.

136 eUpgrade credits spent for the round trip. Family of 4 upgraded from PY during Chinese New Year season both directions. Pretty happy with that. Used the rest of my 2014 credits and most of 2015...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
From my biz partner....

AC810 Feb 27
13 of 24 J empty.

Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
H fare on AC 847 MUC-YYZ today - registered for upgrade 43 seconds after the T-7 days - did not get upgraded - 7 others did

Must be lots of MMs, faster registrants or higher flex paying SEs on that route

That's 14 points gone to waste as they expire tomorrow
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Yes, I feel your pain

T-7 + 1 minute

Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm waitlisted for a SFO-YVR flight that's J8 C8 D0 Z0 P0 R0. I'm on a Y fare. I've never seen that route zeroed out for Latitude upgrades when it's J8 before.

It's a flight pass though, so I'll get it at T-48 hours.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Geoflying
H fare on AC 847 MUC-YYZ today - registered for upgrade 43 seconds after the T-7 days - did not get upgraded - 7 others did

Geez. It's feral trying to get upgrades at T-7. Everyone SE+ camps out at their computer ready to go.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Geez. It's feral trying to get upgrades at T-7. Everyone SE+ camps out at their computer ready to go.
Damn right!

It's more annoying now because you have to make the J/PE selection. That adds a few seconds.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Did this go to the gate? If it does, it doesn't matter when you requested the upgrade. Goes by status, fare class, and then OLCI.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Diabeetus

I would like to see a photo what what a SE+ looks like camped out in front of their computer.

Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dorian
From my biz partner....

AC810 Feb 27
13 of 24 J empty.
Was R zeroed out at T-7 days? Or did they keep some open until gate control?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Did this go to the gate? If it does, it doesn't matter when you requested the upgrade. Goes by status, fare class, and then OLCI.
If it went to the gate, I'd normally think an SE on an H fare would have a fairly good chance to score an upgrade when 7 people were upgraded at the gate.
I guess exceptions do occur..
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
....um, you just said it does matter though, as factor #3.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by agjil
If it went to the gate, I'd normally think an SE on an H fare would have a fairly good chance to score an upgrade when 7 people were upgraded at the gate.
I guess exceptions do occur..
It was R0 all down the line - went to the gate - concierge was very apologetic

FWIW camping out at T-7 was almost the case - flight left MUC at 1150am CET - that meant I had to be a computer at 0550 EST to do the registration
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:19 am

Where did we get the info that OLCI trumps original request time? Unfortunately I was in important client meeting at T-24 hours for OLCI - I'm sure the "Excuse me while I try to get my upgrade after I have met with you" would have gone down really wel!!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Where did we get the info that OLCI trumps original request time? Unfortunately I was in important client meeting at T-24 hours for OLCI - I'm sure the "Excuse me while I try to get my upgrade after I have met with you" would have gone down really wel!!
If the upgrade does not clear before check-in, it is my understanding that the list get re-ordered in the DCS according to this priority:

Upgrades cleared at the airport

1. Cabin - that is to say, the below criteria prioritise PY over Y
2. Altitude status level
3. Fare class
4. Time of check-in
So at this point, time of request does not matter. Want you want is a low sequence number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.