Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

to the Elite passenger on my yyc yyz flight...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus

That had the gall to physically take my bag that was stowed in the bin - REMOVE IT - tell me his was bigger and needed to be where it was) so his 2 bags would be together - whie mine suddenly now ended up back in row 5 ...

Its called dont let the door kick you in the ... onthe way out. THANK YOU TO the awesome flight crew who made sure he was served last. The look on his face when his meal choicewas unavailable and "sorry sir we ran out of ice cream" was priceless.

Had you Asked if you could move my bag instead of pulling it out ad handing it to me im sure things would be different.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jazzsax
That had the gall to physically take my bag that was stowed in the bin - REMOVE IT - tell me his was bigger and needed to be where it was) so his 2 bags would be together - whie mine suddenly now ended up back in row 5 ...

Its called dont let the door kick you in the ... onthe way out. THANK YOU TO the awesome flight crew who made sure he was served last. The look on his face when his meal choicewas unavailable and "sorry sir we ran out of ice cream" was priceless.

Had you Asked if you could move my bag instead of pulling it out ad handing it to me im sure things would be different.
to be honest, I'm not sure why you let him move your bag...I posted last month about an E who tried to move my bag (I was in 1A on E90 and he was in 1D) an he wanted to move it but I told him not too and he put his in the back....if I am in J, nobody moves my bag...ever. What a j**k.....that guy was.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by jazzsax

Jerk face!!!!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect I would have reacted rather strongly.

Such as, telling him in no uncertain terms that I expected him no to put his fingers on my stuff.

And/or call the FA right away to deal with the situation.

OTOH, maybe I look mean enough so that these things don't happen to me? :-)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by morphius909
Jerk face!!!!
I assume you are talking about the DYKWIA E as opposed to the OP?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by Stranger
I suspect I would have reacted rather strongly.

Such as, telling him in no uncertain terms that I expected him no to put his fingers on my stuff.

And/or call the FA right away to deal with the situation.

OTOH, maybe I look mean enough so that these things don't happen to me? :-)
what if the person with his fingers all over your stuff was the FA who would you call? Ghostbusters?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Consider yourself lucky, I think you just met Joe Kickass.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: *G
It must be a Calgary thing. My daughter used to fly thru YYC every week and was always irritated by the "entitled" guys in suits who thought a casually dressed younger person did not belong in their milieu - and most of them were Es to her SE. It included the overhead bag removal trick, but with all due respect to the OP, she said no way!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fin 645
It must be a Calgary thing. My daughter used to fly thru YYC every week and was always irritated by the "entitled" guys in suits who thought a casually dressed younger person did not belong in their milieu - and most of them were Es to her SE. It included the overhead bag removal trick, but with all due respect to the OP, she said no way!
It's also happened to me YVR YYZ.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I assume you are talking about the DYKWIA E as opposed to the OP?
Yes totally!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by NAJetSet
what if the person with his fingers all over your stuff was the FA who would you call? Ghostbusters?
Ive been asked to move my Carry on around the J cabin so they can TETRIS some bags around, by the FAs, which I believe is totally acceptable.

On a recent YYZ-YEG flight prexmas, I was in the front of "J" and my 22" Tumi (Don't flame me! LOL) was a bit big and the FA asked me to move my bag to the back of J...I said no problem.

When we landed, I shot up to grab my bag as I was in front of J, luckily a "E" knew my situation and grabbed my bag for me and handed it to me saving me a bit of a shuffle thru the "DYKWIA" passengers. Now that is courtesy!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Originally Posted by Z-man
to be honest, I'm not sure why you let him move your bag...I posted last month about an E who tried to move my bag (I was in 1A on E90 and he was in 1D) an he wanted to move it but I told him not too and he put his in the back....if I am in J, nobody moves my bag...ever. What a j**k.....that guy was.
The bins on the E75/E90 and CRA's, especially in J, bring out the worst in people! On a full flight, good luck getting all those bags in those small bins! It's always funny when people on the AD side of these planes get up to put something in the bin (smaller on that side of the plane), and then realize that there is NO WAY ANYTHING is going in there. I remember once seeing a guy stare at the CRA's strange "slider" bins in J for a good five minutes while holding his roller.....as if staring long enough would make the bin bigger.....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Now if only the redeye YVR YYZ planes were also 77W/763/77L like the ones that depart in the day....
I'm happy with my 319/320/321s for now.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: E50K
I'm with Z-man and Stranger. I am willing to move my bag if I can see it makes sense, for the other person and for me, but nobody is going to move it without my OK. The prime benefit of priority boarding is to ensure that my bag is not five rows back of me. I will not let some arrogant fool (and for the record, they are found in every city in Canada) make that call on my behalf.

This kind of thing needs to be resolved on the spot. Stand up to the bullies.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
My issue isn't moving my bag - it's the gall that the DYKWIA-E had to physically take my bag out without asking, DUMP it on my lap (I was in 1D) put his two in, which were both DOUBLE the size of mine, at which point I said ....... once the flight attendants noticed they were working to accommodate but had my back.

He was in 3D. My bag went back to 5. On an E190. My ONE bag.

Like I said though ---- nice to see he got his justs.

Had he asked me before doing anything, I wouldn't have cared and said "no problem". The fact he was an jerk about it burned my butt.

Flight crew took great care of me though. And yes - I notice on this run it's always a fight depending on the flight / time of day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.