Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

WIKI : AerClub member benefits by tier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Aer Club member benefits by tier

Graphics courtesy if DELLAS.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

WIKI : AerClub member benefits by tier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
November

New programme now slated for launch sometime in November according to recent conversation with GC Helpdesk. Agent didn't sound fully convinced for some reason....
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
New programme now slated for launch sometime in November according to recent conversation with GC Helpdesk. Agent didn't sound fully convinced for some reason....
Did they mention what year?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:35 am

I notice this is now on the Aer Club FAQ (may have been there for ages)

If I am a Gold Circle Applicant member, will I have my Gold Circle points transferred to my AerClub Account when AerClub launches or will they be lost?
If you are an Applicant member, you will be awarded Tier Credits against the volume of Gold Circle points you have already accumulated. This will allow you to continue your progression to attain Silver membership.
I wonder if that means you'll potentially be given Aer Club status if you're an Gold Circle Applicant, like say you've 3000 gold circle points but are an applicant when those 3000 are converted to tier points would that be enough to put you over the line for Aer Club Sliver.
I think the original FAQ said your Aer Club status would be based on your flight activity in the previous 12 months.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBDublin
Did they mention what year?
We will have all the relevant info very soon.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
I've noticed that the points are valid for only 36 months - which I would presume refers to Avios.

Does anyone know if that is hardcoded (ie, even using/whatevernot means the Avios earned will expire exactly 36 months from the time earned/credited), or whether it will follow the same policy at BA/IB where it will expire if the account is not touched for 36 consecutive months?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
I've noticed that the points are valid for only 36 months - which I would presume refers to Avios.
Can you post a link to where you see that?

This is the story in BA's programme, and I would be surprised if it was different for EI. But, if it is - just store your Avios with BA and transfer one back and forth once every 36 months, and transfer amounts across to Aer Club as and when you want to redeem from within Aer Club.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can you post a link to where you see that?

This is the story in BA's programme, and I would be surprised if it was different for EI. But, if it is - just store your Avios with BA and transfer one back and forth once every 36 months, and transfer amounts across to Aer Club as and when you want to redeem from within Aer Club.
Ah, my presumption is based on the AerClub graphic on the top of this page on the Wiki.

Anyway I gave it some thought - I think the wording is just a bit ambiguous (it's a graphic anyway) and it's more than likely that AerClub will keep the "if account is active, points will never expire" mantra that BAEC and IB has since forever. After all, AerClub is directly linked/partnered with the Avios Travel Rewards Programme (which Flybe also uses/partners, and Flybe Avios don't expire if it's active anyway), unlike the legacy programmes which IAG wants to sync on the IT-side to match with the Travel Rewards Programme.

EDIT:
From the Avios.com FAQ

Q: Can I merge/combine the Avios in my British Airways Executive Club, AerClub, Iberia and Avios accounts?

A: Avios collected through AerClub will automatically appear in your Avios account. (As we know)

From the Avios.com Terms and Conditions

Points expiry
C.5.1 If a Member has not earned or redeemed Points or purchased or transferred Points for 36 consecutive months, all Points that have accrued to that date will expire.

Seems like AerClub's going the same direction as BAEC and IB Plus, the Avios aren't gonna expire. ^

Last edited by MeltingAlf; Dec 16, 2016 at 4:05 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Aer Club Perks

Does anyone know if Platinum & Concierge Members get the Free Bag perks as per the table above, as there is no mention of it on the Aer Club website?

I'll probably be hitting Platinum next week, so interested to know.

Also is the free seat allocation perk one for the future? I would be nice if it stored your aisle/window preference and "reserved" you a suitable seat accordingly, prior to online check-in.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Does anyone know if Platinum & Concierge Members get the Free Bag perks as per the table above, as there is no mention of it on the Aer Club website?

I'll probably be hitting Platinum next week, so interested to know.

Also is the free seat allocation perk one for the future? I would be nice if it stored your aisle/window preference and "reserved" you a suitable seat accordingly, prior to online check-in.
I'm not sure if the above is still accurate? Or at least has not all been brought it or enforced. I'm not aware of a 5 visit per year limit for Silver lounge access, and Silvers are now allowed partner lounge access also.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
The benefits table in post #56 is the most up to date AFAIK. (5 visit limit was removed but baggage benefit retained).
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:51 pm

Have both the free seat selection and free bag benefits been quietly dropped??

(Neither appears on the current benefits by tier list)

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/us.../#/tab-0-green
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Seat selection was never in the program, it was shown in the pre launch publicity but that was changed.

If you are departing from Dublin there is a seat allocation process in place which occurs automatically which assigns an isle seat at the front (I'm in 6D this morning). Check in after 10pm day before travel and opt for sit me anywhere, second, third passengers on a booking will be seated next to you.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Seat selection was never in the program, it was shown in the pre launch publicity but that was changed.

If you are departing from Dublin there is a seat allocation process in place which occurs automatically which assigns an isle seat at the front (I'm in 6D this morning). Check in after 10pm day before travel and opt for sit me anywhere, second, third passengers on a booking will be seated next to you.
Fair enough. I must be misremembering - thought I had a free choice of seats on some past bookings (may have been on a phone booking??).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.