Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrade experience as A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by swgsword
Was this ticket purchased on a higher fare bucket? Can anyone else confirm if this is typical for NH?
Ticket was booked as UA Codeshare in S Class
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
BR35
YYZ-TPE

Me and a friend were both upgraded from M Class Economy to Elite.
A3*G and friend was BR*S
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I received a fantastic upgrade yesterday on LX64 from ZUR to MIA. My booking was in discount economy class L and I was upgraded at the gate automatically into a business throne seat (normally allocated to senators). It was the captain's last flight and I believe LX gave complimentary Y seats to his family which resulted in a couple of op-ups being necessary. This is the first time I have tried using my A3*G card on another *A airline (my TK*G card appears to no longer be politically acceptable on TATL flights) so I will have to try the trick more often.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: TK*G
TK2013
ASR - IST

Only a short 1.5 hours flight but is good enough.
2 friends and I all got upgraded from Y to J, 2 with *G and 1 without any status.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I received a fantastic upgrade yesterday on LX64 from ZUR to MIA. My booking was in discount economy class L and I was upgraded at the gate automatically into a business throne seat (normally allocated to senators). It was the captain's last flight and I believe LX gave complimentary Y seats to his family which resulted in a couple of op-ups being necessary. This is the first time I have tried using my A3*G card on another *A airline (my TK*G card appears to no longer be politically acceptable on TATL flights) so I will have to try the trick more often.
I got another upgrade today from discount economy L to C on TK962 from IST to ECN. The Y cabin was not full. They perhaps do not see too many A3*G cardholders on this route.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA silver, HH Gold
Was just upgraded to C on LX CPH-ZRH on a full flight. With Gold card and very cheap booking class (L)
Old May 21, 2017, 9:20 pm

I recently flew AC ORD-YYZ-YHZ on AC codes in L class, but issued on UA ticket stock.

Both sectors were overbooked in Economy. On the first flight (no meal service), an acquaintance of mine who has no status was upgraded to a business seat (I don't know the booking class of their ticket). On the second flight (with meal service), I was upgraded at the the gate.

I had visited the lounge in YYZ. I don't know if that helped.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by sokolov
I had visited the lounge in YYZ. I don't know if that helped.
Why should that help in regard of an op-up at the gate?
Old May 26, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: A3*Gold
TK SIN-ATH. I got upgraded at the gate in IST to 1A on the IST-ATH segment,

Interestingly, the IST-ATH segment was an award ticket from Miles and Smiles. When I checked in online, I used my A3 *G for all segments. Now was that upgrade due to a Miles and Smiles award ticket or because the boarding pass had A3*G. I don't think I'll ever know for sure.

Economy was full.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
On Tuesday I had my first Star Alliance upgrade. Myself and a friend both had economy tickets (ARN-ORD-IAD/DCA-ORD-ARN) booked with SAS. The Chicago-Stockholm flight was upgraded to Economy Plus at the gate, so we were quite happy with that.

What was interesting was that my partner had booked a vegan meal and I thought that would scupper any chances of an upgrade. In the end the vegan meals were quite obviously hastily prepared because although the main elements were indeed vegan their were also items on the tray that contained dairy products (which didn't happen on the outward flight in economy). No complaints from us though, I actually thought SAS Plus was rather nice. ^
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: A3*G, IB
This week, ZRH-BCN from very cheap Y(L) to C, flight was full in Y and C.

Enjoyed the bus for C-Pax exclusively at arrival in BCN. Meal service was ridiculous, maybe something for a ZRH-FRA flight. I would never pay up for LX C intra-European if not in need of miles/status extension.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Was on ZH last friday, CAN to SIN. Full Y, there were a number of tour groups.

Op up happened at the gate, agent checked my boarding pass (no scanning at CAN gates though) and cancelled my bulkhead Y seat and scribbled a C seat in.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*G
Got upgraded from Y (L) to C today on a LX, ATH to ZRH flight, due to overbooking. Overall cool upgrade but the food on LX C

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jul 10, 2017 at 3:14 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
but the food on LX C
Be happy that you could choose between menu A and A and everything was always available
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: A3*G
Upgrade to business class

23.07.2017. LHR - FRA
23.07.2017. FRA - WAW

Both flights Tante Lufti, booking class S, Aegean credit 500 miles each flight ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.