Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH earning

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: A3
The process for LH N earnings appears to be updated. We flew LH in N class on 1 June. I just checked and discovered that we had received credit for the flight less than 48 hours after arrival.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:06 pm

@realgoose: Since October 2015 LH N flights earn 100% M+B miles when credited from an international flights (whatever that means) and 0 miles on domestic and "European crossborder" ones (which seem to be... national and not international ). So, if your flight was outside of Europe, nothing new, if within, indeed a change.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by KLouis
So, if your flight was outside of Europe, nothing new, if within, indeed a change.
This in indeed new. The change is that an international LH N class fight was credited automatically. For years, I've had to wait until I could retro-claim the LH N class flights. We always got the proper credit about 2 days later. AC N class always credited automatically, only LH N required retro-claims.

Typically we fly A3 from ATH to FRA to connect to TPA or MCO. But even when flying that route with LH I have never noticed the availability of N class inside Europe. There are many quirks with LH service class and A3 earnings. On the same planes we fly N class across the Atlantic, business P seats often cost only a little more. But, P class has no earnings on most alliance airlines including A3.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by realgoose
Typically we fly A3 from ATH to FRA to connect to TPA or MCO. But even when flying that route with LH I have never noticed the availability of N class inside Europe.
N-cl is the low booking class for Premium Economy. As no Premium Economy is offered within Europe, you will be booked on European flights in Y-cl.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hemköp
I was looking at flights to both Geneva and Brussels the other day with SN, LX and LH, and it was very hard to find classes that gives any miles to A3. Not even business with LH gave any miles, all the different economy tickets were in the same booking class? Isn't this strange or am I just spoiled with having SK as my home airline with always minimum 100% earning?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AxelB
Isn't this strange
Not at all. LH is one of the meanest airlines when it comes to FF miles.

(And there are lots of "business" classes in Star Alliance that don't earn - P on many *A carriers won't earn in lots of *A programmes. I'm not aware of the same stinginess of earning in oneworld or Skyteam).
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hemköp
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not at all. LH is one of the meanest airlines when it comes to FF miles.

(And there are lots of "business" classes in Star Alliance that don't earn - P on many *A carriers won't earn in lots of *A programmes. I'm not aware of the same stinginess of earning in oneworld or Skyteam).
Tragic, it is the only thing holding me back from booking, paying a few hundred euros without getting a single mile. They must lose plenty of business due to this...
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just be glad that you were aware of the issue and noticed before booking.

You need to be aware of such drawbacks; I had a fare to the US last summer in business that could be booked on LH/LX/OS/UA in P class across the board - it's better if you can get it to route onto AC or SK - if you didn't know this and picked LH sectors (not that I would, I don't like their J) you would miss out on miles; on the others, you get 100% which seems rather stingy for business, but at least it's far better than Lufthy's big fat NULL!!!

The Good...

Where to Credit: AC P class
Where to Credit: SK P class

The Bad...

Where to Credit: LX P class
Where to Credit: OS P class
Where to Credit: UA P class

The Ugly!!

Where to Credit: LH P class
Where to Credit: ET P class
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LH is notoriously famous for Miles No More policy. Even discount PE ( cost me 1500 euros!) only gave me 100% of miles. Try to avoid LH unless necesarry.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The bilateral A3 and LH Group have is to blame for this one. LH P & N earn 100% on many FFPs. Yes, LH is stingy, but A3 is probably also not super eager to incure liabilities crediting such fares. The fact that LX & OS give more miles than LH although they have the same fare pricing structure points to that.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Oliver2002 N earns 100% on A3. Tend to disagree here. The infamous P fare is regarded one of the most obscenes fares in the history of FFP. You earn 0% on the majority of star alliance FFPs. The maximum you can earn is only 100% in a few FFPs. You can earn more in PE or Economy! I cant imagine how someone can pay 2500 euros and get 0 miles. Its unreasonable.

For example i have a trip next week and i have booked PE N fare. LH is asking for a minimum of 600 euros to upgrade to business class. Now if i do i will get 0% miles because my ticket will change to P. Thats one of the main reasons i do not want to bid for an upgrade. Why would i pay 600 euros more and earn instead of 6000 miles 0?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ermis177
Oliver2002 N earns 100% on A3. Tend to disagree here. The infamous P fare is regarded one of the most obscenes fares in the history of FFP. You earn 0% on the majority of star alliance FFPs. The maximum you can earn is only 100% in a few FFPs. You can earn more in PE or Economy! I cant imagine how someone can pay 2500 euros and get 0 miles. Its unreasonable.

Yes, since 26/10/2015, N (Premium Economy Discounted, Longhaul) earns 100% on A3. This 0% P/100% N exists on several other *A programmes, too.

As for P - there are more *A programmes that give 0% [11 programmes] for it than give 100% [7 programmes]. I wasn't able to determine the earning rates for Egyptair's programme.

And then there's one that gives 70% for it!!! [ANA, who give more for N, 100%]

0%
A3, AI, AV, BR, ET, NZ, OZ, SA, TG, TK, TP

70%
NH

100%
AC, CA, CM, SK, SQ, UA, Miles&More

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 4, 2017 at 2:21 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ermis177
The infamous P fare is regarded one of the most obscenes fares in the history of FFP. You earn 0% on the majority of star alliance FFPs.
Yet LX & OS P give 100%. Same parent company, centralised fare setting etc. A3 should be taking that up with LH. But then A3 has shown they give a rats behind to take up such matters...

PS: LH/OS/LX P fares to the US can be 3500+€ to the US if you don't have a weekend in the trip. Or 1900€ to China/SE Asia if you are staying more than 7-10 days and plan ahead. Like I do for my China work trips. So P is one of the absurdities in the system, no doubt.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
The LH group appears to be introducing fantastically priced basic business fares from LCA. I just purchased a return to TXL next summer for around €440. Since these P class fares are available on OS as well as LH, it is possible to benefit from 100% mileage. I now only fly A3 from November through March as its pricing policy has become totally uncompetitive relative to the LH group.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I now only fly A3 from November through March as its pricing policy has become totally uncompetitive relative to the LH group.
In some ways maybe, but the thing that bugs me about LH is that they still don't offer competitive one-way fares. Using economy fares from LCA in summer as per your example, the cheapest one-way I can find next June is 272 Euro whereas nearly every date combination has return fares for 201 Euro. I thought most airlines stopped doing this about 10 years ago! (And just to keep this post vaguely on topic - even those expensive one way fares are VERY low earning - 250 miles per segment.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.