Search

Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:45 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara

The opening of this property too has been postponed to May 2017 (like the one in Singapore).

Not much info up yet, however the GM will be Thomas Gassner (previously HM at the Pullman Jakarta and prior to that at Sofitel Cairo and other properties.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Extremely happy to see a new Sofitel in KUL. I hope it will be a decent place to stay at.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:30 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
I really really hope this hotel will not follow the usual standards of hotels in Malaysia where they do not upkeep their hotels as often as other hotels in surrounding countries. Just look at Pullman Kuching.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
I really really hope this hotel will not follow the usual standards of hotels in Malaysia where they do not upkeep their hotels as often as other hotels in surrounding countries. Just look at Pullman Kuching.
I wouldn't be too worried about this. The KL property is developed by GuocoLand as part of the larger Damansara City project. This is a reference project for them and would reflect bad on them if it were allowed to become dilapidated.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Pullman Miri (same owner) is quite good, newly opened & damn cheap. My go to place to stay since opening, and will enjoy it as long as the maintenance are good before moving on to the next newly opened hotel in the future.

Yay for Sofitel in KL! more choices for me to try & look forward too
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
The hotel's website says it's opening 01 June 2017, but I can't seem to make a booking for Jun 1-3. Really looking forward to trying this hotel, as it's close to my Mom's house. Have been putting up at the Pullman Bangsar since it opened but the property .. alas has not been well maintained as was my experience over the CNY period. The lounge staff are still fantastic, though.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Finally, together With the Sofitel SG City Center, the Sofitel KL will also be opening on Sep. 1
Booking system is open, and if anyone is staying on Sep 1. & wants to meet up for a drink at the lounge etc.
Please post your dates of stay here.
I'll be there @ Sep 1-3 & again on 14-16
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Damansara? They've got to be friggin' kidding!
Stayed once in PJ and that's already very boring. Going even much further out from city center? No matter how wow the Sofitel is going to be, I'll pass.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:04 am
Original Poster

At least this property isn't as ridiculously priced as its sister hotel in Singapore.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:50 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
At least this property isn't as ridiculously priced as its sister hotel in Singapore.
YESSSS, agreed. When I stay at the new Sofitel in Singapore, I'm holding my expectation super high with the price I pay.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by FGunawan
Damansara? They've got to be friggin' kidding!
Stayed once in PJ and that's already very boring. Going even much further out from city center? No matter how wow the Sofitel is going to be, I'll pass.
It's not like they have a lot of choice, they just go with anyone that comes along . Explains the low opening rates. Yes it's a boring area with a capital B.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by RJ77
It's not like they have a lot of choice, they just go with anyone that comes along . Explains the low opening rates. Yes it's a boring area with a capital B.
Aren't there a lot of good restaurants in Damansara?

Am gonna stay there and use it as a base to do day tours, so most important thing is that there a good restaurants in the area for the evenings when we are back at the hotel.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by kaffir76
The hotel's website says it's opening 01 June 2017, but I can't seem to make a booking for Jun 1-3. Really looking forward to trying this hotel, as it's close to my Mom's house. Have been putting up at the Pullman Bangsar since it opened but the property .. alas has not been well maintained as was my experience over the CNY period. The lounge staff are still fantastic, though.
If I remember correctly both are belong to the same owner
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:42 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lingua101
If I remember correctly both are belong to the same owner
I know for a fact that both Sofitel Singapore City Centre and Sofitel KL is owned by GuocoLand. Which is then related to Hong Leong Group, which Hong Leong is related to CDL & Millennium hotels and several other 5 star hotels in SG (St Regis, W Hotel, Etc.)

So I am hoping these 2 hotels do well, since the Owners might have some experience in running hotels.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rasmus3s
Aren't there a lot of good restaurants in Damansara?

Am gonna stay there and use it as a base to do day tours, so most important thing is that there a good restaurants in the area for the evenings when we are back at the hotel.
Damansara is not equal Damansara

The development is within a new complete project which is encircled by a highway. The new Damansara MRT station is close by.

However the foodie areas of Damansara are still at least a short car ride away as not much is walking distance away. So if you are planning to eat something when you get back to the hotel and not venture out much, then your options are really just what is in that development.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.